United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-05-2019, 08:47 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I'm not even sure about that, Keane had shedloads of talent, he just didn't try to rub everyone's noses in it every time he was in possession.
when he gets the ball and does that stupid 360 degree turn and breaks up the attack and usually loses possession. He is a luxury we can ill afford. Get rid, it hasnt worked out for him or the club.

Unread 14-05-2019, 09:01 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
when he gets the ball and does that stupid 360 degree turn and breaks up the attack and usually loses possession. He is a luxury we can ill afford. Get rid, it hasnt worked out for him or the club.
This. You can probably count on one hand where he turn a move in to an attack because he’s more concerned about what he can do on the ball to prove his talent. Ronaldo went through a similar thing for one season when he was 18/19 then learnt the error of his mistakes and went on to what he is now. Pogba will never realize his errors because he’s the type of person who will blame everything before looking in the mirror.

Unread 14-05-2019, 09:36 AM
Macca1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
This. You can probably count on one hand where he turn a move in to an attack because he’s more concerned about what he can do on the ball to prove his talent. Ronaldo went through a similar thing for one season when he was 18/19 then learnt the error of his mistakes and went on to what he is now. Pogba will never realize his errors because he’s the type of person who will blame everything before looking in the mirror.
This season, Paul Pogba ranks 1st for United in:

goals
Assists
chances created
dribbles
touches
passing chains
progressive passes
through balls
duels won
distance covered

According to the online stat guru's.

Still think its a bit mental that so much gets levelled at Pogba, blaming him for lacking the ability to elevate the absolute shite he has around him is baffling he's not that type of player never has been.

Typical of United's signing policy for years now buy some massive rims for your £#%&!ing shit tin pot car.

Unread 14-05-2019, 09:48 AM
Bunker Buster

Passing chains.....

Oh how wrong was I.. give him Sanchez wages n all......didn't realise he was football centipeding us to an assault on the title....

£#%&!ing passing chains.

Unread 14-05-2019, 09:52 AM
Jethro

Argument with a fan ffs. If there was ever a situation to highlight the pampered nature of modern Footballers.

Does he think Madrid fans will give him a pat on the back if he acts the @#%&! again? Shame the lad didn't jump the hoarding and chin him. Make it worthwhile.

Unread 14-05-2019, 09:59 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Passing chains.....

Oh how wrong was I.. give him Sanchez wages n all......didn't realise he was football centipeding us to an assault on the title....

£#%&!ing passing chains.

can't wait till he and that other moody little #@&%!, martial, are gone. i don't care how good they potentially are, i'm fed up of players phoning it in for us.

Unread 14-05-2019, 10:46 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
France have a history of isolating poisonous characters. They really damage teams at international tournaments. Clearly he wasn't viewed as such. People probably getting a little dramatic on this issue. He's not a leader but the virus stuff maybe a bit hysterical.
Their manager has had a shit load of issues with him in the past, same as mourinho did. The world cup is a blip, because it suited him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Jozy Altidore (American player used to play in prem) saying it’s racially motivated.
Christ, some people love to cheapen the word.

Unread 14-05-2019, 11:15 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Their manager has had a shit load of issues with him in the past, same as mourinho did. The world club is a blip, because it suited him.
The difference being that Deschamps, Allegri and Conte all developed him in spite of any issues.

I'd never want Pogba as one of the dressing room captains. Just doesn't seem to have the personality for that. It helped France and Juve that they were relying more on his talent to change games than his leadership qualities. We add the right players and it could be similar.

Unread 14-05-2019, 11:19 AM
Bunker Buster

I see the old world cup Wum is rearing it's head again.....

Unread 14-05-2019, 11:29 AM
Jethro

Gentle reminder that Bernard Diomede has a world cup winners medal

Unread 14-05-2019, 11:39 AM
sa7

Quote:
Passing chains.....

£#%&!ing passing chains.
Also finished top for passing bucks

Unread 14-05-2019, 11:40 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I see the old world cup Wum is rearing it's head again.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Wasn’t about performance or achivement. The point was that Pogba isn’t a ‘virus’ for France. Their team spirit appears good hence consecutive finals. Same with Juve.

Unread 14-05-2019, 11:43 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Wasn’t about performance or achivement. The point was that Pogba isn’t a ‘virus’ for France. Their team spirit appears good hence consecutive finals. Same with Juve.
Probably because they're a team full of clowns. Take one out of the equation and you have Pogba at United.

Unread 14-05-2019, 11:56 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Started every game, scoring in the final did he?

Pogba is a quality footballer, he's often doing loads of shit wrong on the pitch but he's obviously clearly doing many things right.

As with a lot of players, they only shine when a team is actually working. He's not a leader, despite his protestations of being so. He's vocal, but that isn't the same. His body language, languid style & need to take too many touches aren't helpful. But then when he's got time on the ball & options you can see him play wonderful passes like the ball to Rashford against Spurs etc.

We need to build a side, the analogy above of him being the bling rims on a shit car is bang on. He's bling, it obviously pisses people off, but if you had proper players & a system that works he's shown that he can be a part of a winning side. We just need Pirlo / Vidal / Marchisio / Kante / Matuidi etc levels with him, and some semblance of structure.

I wouldn't be upset or surprised if he left, but I'm with Siders when it comes to losing quality players ahead of proper shit@#%&!s. We have loads of players who should leave ahead of him, and finding a balanced team that includes Pogba hasn't been beyond Juventus & France at the highest levels somewhat does contradict this edict that he's £#%&! etc.

Unread 14-05-2019, 12:00 PM
Bunker Buster

Played 6 of the 7 games and was hauled off in one.

Gave away a penalty

2 attempts on target, 1 goal.....the whole tournament

8 tackles 2 won (whole tournament) lost tackles 40
Great world cup....

Unread 14-05-2019, 12:06 PM
Baron

Quote:
Played 6 of the 7 games and was hauled off in one.

Gave away a penalty

2 attempts on target, 1 goal.....the whole tournament

8 tackles 2 won (whole tournament) lost tackles 40
Great world cup....
So now you do like stats?

If you watched the tournament you would have seen he was as important to France as any of their players, Mbappe aside.

Unread 14-05-2019, 12:07 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
So now you do like stats?

If you watched the tournament you would have seen he was as important to France as any of their players, Mbappe aside.
I watched every game.......

Said at the time (can search the threads) he was as average as he always was.....

Absolute blagger.

Unread 14-05-2019, 12:10 PM
messhead

He's been here 3 years now and hasn't clocked that trying to showboat 30 yards from your own goal isn't a good idea. Literally every game he will give the ball away 2 or 3 times in that fashion and it's infuriating. I'm full on team £#%&! off now.

Unread 14-05-2019, 12:12 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

can't wait till he and that other moody little #@&%!, martial, are gone. i don't care how good they potentially are, i'm fed up of players phoning it in for us.
Deliver or do one. Pair of dicks are stealing a living. I’d be fuming if I’d contributed so much as a penny to their wages. #boycottpayingtowatchfootball

Unread 14-05-2019, 12:15 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
He's been here 3 years now and hasn't clocked that trying to showboat 30 yards from your own goal isn't a good idea. Literally every game he will give the ball away 2 or 3 times in that fashion and it's infuriating. I'm full on team £#%&! off now.
He's playing too deep. Reminds me of later years Rooney where he'd come deep for the ball and then try a 70 yard pass.

As you say, he takes risks in places that just make no sense. He doesn't seem to be able to sense danger and tries taking on far too many people.

At least 3 times a game he'll get the ball deep, dawdle, allow himself to be surrounded by 2 or 3 players, try something clever to get away and then fall over when disposed. He'll look at the ref for a foul despite the fact it wasn't.

It completely slows down our play and allows teams to get back. If he'd just looked for a quick ball every time we'd be far more dynamic.

It'd be less frustrating if he was just shit. Instead we see glimmers of genius drowning in a sea of lethargic waste.
Closed Thread