United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-02-2019, 10:14 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
classic paddy

You know what? Just decided to watch the red card again. And I think it was the right call looking at it from a certain angle I can deffo see why he got sent. His foot was high as £#%&! even though there was obviously no intent as he couldn't have known arbeloa was there.

Stupid £#%&!ing rule anyway, but yeah, tinhat times ten
Watching it again, I just don’t see it tbh. He would’ve taken control of the ball if Arbeloa hadn’t beaten him to it by about quarter of a second. Also, Arbeloa came from the side of him, so it’s not like he charged directly at his opponent leading with a high foot.

Yes it was a foul and probably a yellow card, but never a straight red. Also, that ref was an absolute £#%&!ing @#%&! all night. One of the big reasons I fell out of love with European football, the refs are finicky little %@#$&!s who will buy dives all night but not clamp down on the snide shit the European lads have always done so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Straight red though? I could kinda understand a second booking but putting someone out of a game like that?

Easily the toughest European defeat to take since Dortmund/Monaco days for me. We totally had Madrid's number before that red.
You’re right, we did a proper job on them over both legs until the red card. Sounds funny to say it now but it was probably Welbeck’s finest hour for us. He had Ramos shitting himself and gave them absolutely no room to breathe when they had possession. Just a shame our best player had a bloody nightmare.

Ultimately I don’t think it would’ve mattered as either Bayern or Dortmund would’ve beaten us that year imo.

Unread 22-02-2019, 11:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Ultimately I don’t think it would’ve mattered as either Bayern or Dortmund would’ve beaten us that year imo.
You always have a chance in a final as a one off match, unless you are playing Barcelona in 2011 anyway

Unread 23-02-2019, 12:52 AM
est.1878

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Wasn't he a guest on Sky for a City game and then just refused to talk about City

Wasn't asked back
Iirc was our Northampton game and we'd drew city next round but refused to talk about them

Unread 23-02-2019, 01:07 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Iirc was our Northampton game and we'd drew city next round but refused to talk about them
Brilliant

Unread 23-02-2019, 02:02 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZdC7hndmGc

Totally unnecessary dig about the European Cup final
The "'Allo?" at 1:40.
Closed Thread