United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-02-2019, 01:25 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Would say we were luckier in the second leg against Barca, if they'd taken one of their chances late on it would have been curtains. As others have mentioned though, should have had another penalty in the first leg (and them down to 10?)
I don't think we were lucky in that game. We hit them hard early on, got our goal and then played on the break. We could've scored a couple more in the second half via (I think) Tevez & Park.

The only real chance I remember them having was Henry heading straight at Van Der Sar. A very well executed game plan imo.

Rio and Wes at centre half gave perhaps the best defensive partnership performance I've ever seen. They were magnificent

Unread 18-02-2019, 05:31 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Vague memories of one against Ipswich in the run in in 01 where a late dodgy penalty van Nistelrooy put away to scrape a draw was about our only chance
I think that one was actually a win?

Unread 18-02-2019, 05:48 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Bit like this one tbf, just one less goal scored

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30065812

Although iirc Di Maria missed an easy chance late on?
Mcnair, Smalling and Blacket with Felli in midfield and Young and Valencia wing-backs. £#%&! me

Only Arsenal could lose to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
I don't think we were lucky in that game. We hit them hard early on, got our goal and then played on the break. We could've scored a couple more in the second half via (I think) Tevez & Park.

The only real chance I remember them having was Henry heading straight at Van Der Sar. A very well executed game plan imo.

Rio and Wes at centre half gave perhaps the best defensive partnership performance I've ever seen. They were magnificent
Yeah it wasn't luck. Never felt like they were making much progress getting through us tbh.

If you play defensively and then defend well and keep a clean sheet, that isn't luck. Spurs was more fortuitous as we played defensively second half and conceded loads of chances which they proceeded to £#%&! up. Same with Arsenal last season.
Closed Thread