United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Speckled Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
river got beat 2-0 last night so need to win 3-0 or better in the second leg to stay up
They only have to win by 2 goals. If its all tied after two legs, the team in the prem stays there.

They started to play better after the ultra pitch invasion last night, so maybe the fear of failure will get them the result. They have a lot of key players suspended though, so it wont be easy.

Unread 23-06-2011, 08:55 PM
dunk

I imagine Serenity is sharpening his barbs, preparing his pie charts and readying his essays mocking poor Grimey instead of doing hs day job atm

Unread 23-06-2011, 09:12 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckled Sod
They only have to win by 2 goals. If its all tied after two legs, the team in the prem stays there.

They started to play better after the ultra pitch invasion last night, so maybe the fear of failure will get them the result. They have a lot of key players suspended though, so it wont be easy.
I'd hate to be them in the return leg at home

Unread 23-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I imagine Serenity is sharpening his barbs, preparing his pie charts and readying his essays mocking poor Grimey instead of doing hs day job atm
I've accepted it. This is the culmination of years of misuse and abuse by JM Aguilar, former River President. The complaints against him are long: he gave the most violent faction of River's Ultras the power to make institutional decisions, he sold players for well below value in order to make payroll, he pimped out the stadium (therefore destroying the pitch) for hundreds of concerts, he battled every manager he hired, etc.

It will take relegation to force River to modernise, slim down (at last count they had something like 53 full professionals on contract!), and start afresh. And anyone thinking they will bounce right back up again is mistaken. They could easily spend a few years in Primera B.

Of course, there's still the chance they'll win by two clear goals in the return leg. But they've only scored twice in a game this season on two occasions, so I expect more of the same: lots of huffing and puffing with no way through.

Unread 23-06-2011, 10:28 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I've accepted it. This is the culmination of years of misuse and abuse by JM Aguilar, former River President. The complaints against him are long: he gave the most violent faction of River's Ultras the power to make institutional decisions, he sold players for well below value in order to make payroll, he pimped out the stadium (therefore destroying the pitch) for hundreds of concerts, he battled every manager he hired, etc.

It will take relegation to force River to modernise, slim down (at last count they had something like 53 full professionals on contract!), and start afresh. And anyone thinking they will bounce right back up again is mistaken. They could easily spend a few years in Primera B.

Of course, there's still the chance they'll win by two clear goals in the return leg. But they've only scored twice in a game this season on two occasions, so I expect more of the same: lots of huffing and puffing with no way through.
£#%&!ing hell In a country where the economy isn't the best, and certainly not in the football World, that's madness. Has Aguilar gone now and been replaced by somebody competent, or is only relegation going to force that?
Closed Thread