United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Sloane

Default Re: Tosic sold for £6million

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Hmmm how does he know that? Pally with the likes of Bolingbroke is he? Not sure Kay's that popular at OT so until told/shown otherwise I'll take it he got that 'info' from some bloke in his local - or off here/RIM.
definetly he can be very ABU

Unread 15-06-2010, 07:57 PM
dunk

Thumbs up Re: Tosic sold for £6million

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
definetly he can be very ABU
Get him posting on here, he'd fit right in.

Unread 15-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Ginners

who cares if he sold for a profit or not, our scouts are a joke!

Unread 15-06-2010, 08:00 PM
RedMenace

Kay seems to be mainly a Liverpool fan or seems to spend most of his time worrying about them anyway and talking about "the word from Anfield". I'm not sure any of the journos have much of an inside track on United these days. Danny Taylor hears a few things but his sources mainly seem to be at City as regards any transfers etc.

Unread 15-06-2010, 09:17 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Who was the last "cheap" signing that could be considered a success?

The twins? .
Djemba Djemba was shit

Unread 15-06-2010, 09:48 PM
magic_cantona

Thumbs up Re: Tosic sold for £6million

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
All those mongs from the times are terribly ABU, thank £#%&! they're gonna start charging money for their useless site.

The prices touted for Tosic around the time we were signing him were as low as £3m in some places, if the club had paid a big fee for him he would have gotten a chance. Simple as.

Yeah because kids never get a chance at United. £#%&! me the doom on here is pathetic.
I'm liking your style of late.

Unread 15-06-2010, 10:02 PM
jem

tosic was and always will be dogshit.

Unread 15-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
tosic was and always will be dogshit.
what did i say all along?

clearly he isnt dog shit as he has proved max.

Unread 15-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Twins cost a couple of mill so them.

Chico looks a good player, £6m for a 21 year old, even if it doesnt work out theres resale value. Smalling is potentially £10m, had big potential and wanted by a couple of the other big teams in England too, you can't consider £10m for a 20 year old centre half 'cheap. Considering a better young talent like Kjaer is starting in the world cup and costs the same(12m euro buyout clause).

Again with the Obertan hate, I think he's done well when given a chance., hes also only 20 and will be no doubt sold for more than the £3m he came in for. I'm happy we're trying to identify stars before they cost the ridiculous £20m+....which is what everyone says when we pay big money for players yet when we try and sign players early we're being cheap and they're shit etc etc.

The club can't ever win.
youre big malc's dream fan. well done karsten

Unread 15-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
youre big malc's dream fan. well done karsten
Nice use of #@&%!ernee rhyming slang there Parters.

Unread 15-06-2010, 10:52 PM
S/Side.Red

Don't understand why so many people are pissed off at this. Surely we didn't pay £7m for him, so we've turned a profit on someone who patently wasn't good enough. Seems a good deal.

Unread 15-06-2010, 10:55 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Don't understand why so many people are pissed off at this. Surely we didn't pay £7m for him, so we've turned a profit on someone who patently wasn't good enough. Seems a good deal.
Dont let that get in the way of it being a huge conspiracy though.

Unread 15-06-2010, 11:02 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
How do we know he isn't? Also, how does the above account for Gibson playing, then? He's not good enough - why's he playing?

Unread 15-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
dont think anyone is pissed off tbf. He has hardly played so we have done well to get 7m for him. Not bad for a lad who supposedly cannot kick a ball.

Just think it's hilarious that shite like obertan and diouf get the odd game and tosic didnt get a sniff yet looked excellent in germany in the 2nd half of the season. People saying obertan is a cut above reserve level (an he might well be) but tosic looked five times above that level.

The club is all over the place at the minute. I just find it bizarre that people that have been fans for so long cant see it. I'm 28 and have been going 20 years and I can see it. Why can't some of you others.

I have never felt so alienated from the club. Don't think I'm suggesting there is a conspiracy re tosic or anything I'm just worried that's all.

Unread 15-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
How do we know he isn't? Also, how does the above account for Gibson playing, then? He's not good enough - why's he playing?
wouldnt have used gibbo as the example but i totally take your point. tosic looks a far better player yet gibson is getting games. It's absolutely bizarre.

Unread 15-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Whalefish

Tosic didn't look that great in some of the reserve games I saw, which was a worry, noted he struggled physically. Stood out in a few towards the end before his loan move. He had a decent end to his season with Cologne. Slow(ish) start but didn't look too bad.

Red News have been saying since his loan move that a permanent deal was in the offing somewhere since the lad hadn't settled in Manchester and was really struggling. Cologne's chairman (or manager) said today that the move worked out for both clubs - helped keep them up, got the player to the World Cup and got Utd the fee they were looking for. Hope he does well at CSKA, decent club.

As for Gibson, in a three man midfield the lad is a goal threat. Which is more than I can say for (most) of the other central midfielders. He isn't a problem that needs fixing IMO.

Unread 15-06-2010, 11:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Tosic didn't look that great in some of the reserve games I saw, which was a worry. Stood out in a few towards the end before his loan move. He had a decent end to his season with Cologne. Slow(ish) start but didn't look too bad.
Yeah, but scoring a few goals against Bochum, Freiburg and Hannover is a world away from playing for United. Clearly, he has some degree of ability, but I suspect Fergie saw enough from training to believe he wasn't going to cut it at United. I remember seeing him against Valencia at Old Trafford during last pre-season and I thought he looked extremely nervous. Didn't he also say he wanted to stay at Cologne after his loan spell expired? You would expect him to be desperate to get back to United and prove people wrong. There could be some aspects to the deal we don't know about, but I can't help but think United was just probably way too big for him and they didn't even need to put him out on the pitch to see it.

Unread 15-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Appletango

Our midfield is shocking.

Wouldn't be too bothered who is sold out of them all as long as it means replacements are being bought.

Unread 15-06-2010, 11:27 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Tosic didn't look that great in some of the reserve games I saw, which was a worry, noted he struggled physically. Stood out in a few towards the end before his loan move. He had a decent end to his season with Cologne. Slow(ish) start but didn't look too bad.
Agree with that he never really imposed himself on any games I saw him in, he has a decent strike on him but got pushed off the ball a fair bit. He was certainly nowhere near five times the level Obertan was at in the Reserves. Tosic was a better finisher but Obertan had some excellent games.

Unread 15-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Yeah, but scoring a few goals against Bochum, Freiburg and Hannover is a world away from playing for United. Clearly, he has some degree of ability, but I suspect Fergie saw enough from training to believe he wasn't going to cut it at United. I remember seeing him against Valencia at Old Trafford during last pre-season and I thought he looked extremely nervous. Didn't he also say he wanted to stay at Cologne after his loan spell expired? You would expect him to be desperate to get back to United and prove people wrong. There could be some aspects to the deal we don't know about, but I can't help but think United was just probably way too big for him.
he was very good in that game

look people on here have their own views, agendas etc. I don't think tosic would be getting written off here as much if he was some brazilian yougster would he.

Anyway tosic aside united are in massive trouble. How can people not see it?!
Closed Thread