United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-06-2010, 05:42 PM
RedMenace

Default Re: Tosic sold for £6million

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Who we gonna spend the £6m on then? Interest?
Who's he?.The new Iniesta?.

Unread 15-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Sloane

that takes our net spend for 09/10 to 22million according to the accounts published.
they say we have 25million net to spend every season

Unread 15-06-2010, 05:44 PM
RedMenace

Yeah our £25m "warchest" kicks in after June 30 apparently.

Unread 15-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Sloane

also that 90 million we had in the bank or whatever is already half of our main sponsorship deal for the next 4 years

Unread 15-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Isn't that what we paid? So far we've signed Hernandez for £6m and sold Tosic for £6m. Cracking business but a little over what our net spend should be.
Don't you dare mention those words.

However, Vidic will cover Smalling and then...

Unread 15-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
that takes our net spend for 09/10 to 22million according to the accounts published.
they say we have 25million net to spend every season
What's the net spend over the past 2 seasons? Your figures seem to have missed the fact we sold Ronaldo for £80M.

Unread 15-06-2010, 06:01 PM
safingtons

9.7m euros is more than 6m chaps. £#%&! KFC and his 'sources' spot again. Silly @#%&!.

And we didn't pay £7m for him, £5m and I would imagine it didn;t get to anywhere near that.

Its another significant profit, just like the sale of Foster. We sure do sell well. Still remember the summer we got over £20m for Richardson, Saha and Heinze.

£12m into the club already, Smalling and Chicharito potentially £16m.....Obertan for £3m last summer. Surely saving money for a couple of top drawer players no?

Unread 15-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Coracao

James Ducker from The Times has been 'tweeting'.

Quote:

Zoran tosic, one of the all time worst #mufc buys.Just watch tho, he'll end up being amazing for cologne and have a great career a la forlan
I corrected him that it was CSKA.

Quote:

The whole tosic/ljajic thing is utterly weird. But in the case of tosic, signing smeone, not playing him then selling at loss = terrible buy
Asked him where he got his figures from, regarding selling at a loss...funnily enough he hasn't replied.

From the little info available it is speculated we paid around £5m for him. Which would mean we have made a profit on the transfer...

Unread 15-06-2010, 06:30 PM
marlo

clueless is the word i used to describe.....

Unread 15-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
What's the net spend over the past 2 seasons? Your figures seem to have missed the fact we sold Ronaldo for £80M.
my figures do? how? ronaldo was on 08/09 accounts

Unread 15-06-2010, 06:42 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
9.7m euros is more than 6m chaps. £#%&! KFC and his 'sources' spot again. Silly @#%&!.

And we didn't pay £7m for him, £5m and I would imagine it didn;t get to anywhere near that.

Its another significant profit, just like the sale of Foster. We sure do sell well. Still remember the summer we got over £20m for Richardson, Saha and Heinze.

£12m into the club already, Smalling and Chicharito potentially £16m.....Obertan for £3m last summer. Surely saving money for a couple of top drawer players no?
Surely so, I can't think of any other possible outcome.

Unread 15-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Switching Off

Who was the last "cheap" signing that could be considered a success?

The twins? Or maybe go all the way back to Evra and Vidic?

Cant see any reason why Chico and Smalling and Obertan wont go the same way as Tosic tbf.

Unread 15-06-2010, 06:50 PM
safingtons

Quote:

Cant see any reason why Chico and Smalling and Obertan wont go the same way as Tosic tbf.
Twins cost a couple of mill so them.

Chico looks a good player, £6m for a 21 year old, even if it doesnt work out theres resale value. Smalling is potentially £10m, had big potential and wanted by a couple of the other big teams in England too, you can't consider £10m for a 20 year old centre half 'cheap. Considering a better young talent like Kjaer is starting in the world cup and costs the same(12m euro buyout clause).

Again with the Obertan hate, I think he's done well when given a chance., hes also only 20 and will be no doubt sold for more than the £3m he came in for. I'm happy we're trying to identify stars before they cost the ridiculous £20m+....which is what everyone says when we pay big money for players yet when we try and sign players early we're being cheap and they're shit etc etc.

The club can't ever win.

Unread 15-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Coracao

Quote:

How many 'cheap' signings have we made since the twins?

Hardly a lot to go off is it.

Unread 15-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Twins cost a couple of mill so them.

Chico looks a good player, £6m for a 21 year old, even if it doesnt work out theres resale value. Smalling is potentially £10m, had big potential and wanted by a couple of the other big teams in England too, you can't consider £10m for a 20 year old centre half 'cheap. Considering a better young talent like Kjaer is starting in the world cup and costs the same(12m euro buyout clause).

Again with the Obertan hate, I think he's done well when given a chance., hes also only 20 and will be no doubt sold for more than the £3m he came in for. I'm happy we're trying to identify stars before they cost the ridiculous £20m+....which is what everyone says when we pay big money for players yet when we try and sign players early we're being cheap and they're shit etc etc.

The club can't ever win.
Im just asking, they all look good players. With any luck one will come off but it seems to have been a while since one did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
How many 'cheap' signings have we made since the twins?

Hardly a lot to go off is it.
Answering a question with a question. Clever.

Unread 15-06-2010, 07:14 PM
MUFC One Love

Great, might mean we can sign a player for about £10m or something now then?

Unread 15-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Crumps

We may as well just £#%&!ing kill ourselves, the manager is useless, the players are shit and for some reason we're refusing to spend all our lovely money.

Them Zulubiebers are pecking my £#%&!ing head. Even after the match has gone off it's all I can £#%&!ing hear, I'm gonna grow my nails long and slit my own throat with em.

You £#%&!ing happy Blatter? You £#%&!ing happy you bloated corpse looking @#%&!. £#%&! ypu and £#%&! the £#%&!ing lot of them.

Unread 15-06-2010, 07:44 PM
dunk

I'm sure the fee for Tosic was more like £2.5m, it would rise to about £7m when he won World Player of The Year or something.

The big money in that deal was for Ljajic, who we probably pulled the plug on because Tosic was a big softie. Probably.

Nice profit, shame he was never given a chance.

Unread 15-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Sloane

OliverKayTimes #MUFC have sold Zoran Tosic to CSKA Moscow for undisclosed fee. They signed him for a larger undisc fee 18 months and 5 sub appearances ago

Unread 15-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
OliverKayTimes #MUFC have sold Zoran Tosic to CSKA Moscow for undisclosed fee. They signed him for a larger undisc fee 18 months and 5 sub appearances ago
Hmmm how does he know that? Pally with the likes of Bolingbroke is he? Not sure Kay's that popular at OT so until told/shown otherwise I'll take it he got that 'info' from some bloke in his local - or off here/RIM.
Closed Thread