United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-03-2007, 11:26 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
You want us to be laughed hysterically at by Spaniards? Why?

Rather the spainards laugh at an offer than the Bavarians laughing at us on the way to the bank tbh.

Whales - How much for Wesley, is he interested and would he be bought instead of or as well as Hargeaves ?

Unread 28-03-2007, 11:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Rather the spainards laugh at an offer than the Bavarians laughing at us on the way to the bank tbh.
My only hope is that when we sign him you get over it and accept him. Don't think I can take a 3 month tantrum a la violatior with Carrick last year.

Unread 28-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Some rumours about him a week ago in the papers I think.

Anyway as I keep saying, cows opinion, Hargreaves is on his way. We want him, he wants to join us and he'll only be 4 months off signing a pre-contract to a free transfer come August so Bayern can't stubbornly keep him without losing a fortune.
Hargreaves has a contract with Munich until 2010.

Sneijder's interested in a move to Barca unfortunately. And they are - or were - interested in him.

Unread 28-03-2007, 11:37 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
My only hope is that when we sign him you get over it and accept him. Don't think I can take a 3 month tantrum a la violatior with Carrick last year.
Hey, once he's a United player he's a United player and he has my full and undying support.

Until then, watch me go.

And purleeease, don't compare this to Vio's Totenham/Zokora £#%&! fest summer tour '06'

Unread 28-03-2007, 11:37 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Hargreaves has a contract with Munich until 2010.

Sneijder's interested in a move to Barca unfortunately. And they are - or were - interested in him.
Really, was sure I read otherwise. Either way, we'll end up signing him.

Unread 28-03-2007, 11:38 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Hey, once he's a United player he's a United player and he has my full and undying support.

Until then, watch me go.

And purleeease, don't compare this to Vio's Totenham/Zokora £#%&! fest summer tour '06'

Don't worry, I aint comparing you to the forums resident nappy filler.

Unread 28-03-2007, 11:41 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Really, was sure I read otherwise. Either way, we'll end up signing him.
He'll be a decent signing, virtually no risk at all.

But with such an outlay (And it will be a massive fee) I just can't see there be anymore after him this summer and that's a worry.

Unread 28-03-2007, 11:47 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
He'll be a decent signing, virtually no risk at all.
I think that he'll be better than that, an excellent signing and as you say no risk which is far from true about most others I've heard mentioned.

Unread 28-03-2007, 11:57 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
I just can't see there be anymore after him this summer and that's a worry.
My concern too. We really do need to get a quality striker in, as well as Hargreaves. Left winger would be nice too.

Gudjohnsen is decent enough, but I'd prefer a proper out and out striker, similar to Saha, was brough in.

Unread 28-03-2007, 11:57 AM
tatty

Either Barry Venison or Carlton Plamer to take Scholes spot.

Ronaldo Carrick Venison Giggs

Job done.

Unread 28-03-2007, 11:58 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
My concern too. We really do need to get a quality striker in, as well as Hargreaves. Left winger would be nice too.

Gudjohnsen is decent enough, but I'd prefer a proper out and out striker, similar to Saha, was brough in.
Yep.

If we don't tend to these positions this summer then next we'll be gagging for a striker, a winger and a right back by then too.

Unread 28-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
Yep.

If we don't tend to these positions this summer then next we'll be gagging for a striker, a winger and a right back by then too.
Two wingers IMO.

Unread 28-03-2007, 12:06 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyuiop
Two wingers IMO.
How so ?

Unread 28-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
How so ?
Giggs - needs replacing.
Park - not good enough against the top teams.
Ronaldo.... hmmm. I just dont see him being around in 2/3 years.

Unread 28-03-2007, 12:15 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Giggs - needs replacing.
Park - not good enough against the top teams.
Ronaldo.... hmmm. I just dont see him being around in 2/3 years.
Luxury signings at this point I'd say.

I'd like a summer akin to the one we had back in '91 - Parker, Schmeichel, and Kanchelskis (I know we signed him in Jan, but he didn't figure) a perfect close season imo. Ticked all the boxes.

Unread 28-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
Luxury signings at this point I'd say.

I'd like a summer akin to the one we had back in '91 - Parker, Schmeichel, and Kanchelskis (I know we signed him in Jan, but he didn't figure) a perfect close season imo. Ticked all the boxes.
Whilst we are flying at the moment we are in a position where potentially we might have to replace Scholes, Giggs & Ronaldo in one summer... and that makes me sad and its something I hope SAF is keeping an eye on, especially given the balls up he made of replacing Keane between 2003/05.

Unread 28-03-2007, 12:29 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Whilst we are flying at the moment we are in a position where potentially we might have to replace Scholes, Giggs & Ronaldo in one summer... and that makes me sad and its something I hope SAF is keeping an eye on, especially given the balls up he made of replacing Keane between 2003/05.

Potentially.

But United have the ultimate say so when it comes to Ronaldo leaving. I can't imagine they'd let him go, even if he demanded it if we had yet to get a replacement for Giggs and Scholes.

Still, I agree that now is the time to be looking at strengthening these positions.

Unread 28-03-2007, 01:16 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Hargreaves is a modern day Didier Deschamps so if united cant flush 20 million down the bog on him then why not find a player with similar quality for less. Scott Parker perhaps or Joey Barton. Then give the rest of the money to Ronaldo to not leave.

Unread 28-03-2007, 01:19 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Hargreaves is a modern day Didier Deschamps so if united cant flush 20 million down the bog on him then why not find a player with similar quality for less. Scott Parker perhaps or Joey Barton. Then give the rest of the money to Ronaldo to not leave.
Those comparisons are so idiotic they aren't even worth adressing seriously. You are better than this.

Unread 28-03-2007, 01:19 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Never, ever, ever...
Closed Thread