United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-03-2007, 10:22 AM
24hr Leavesey

Default And if Hargreaves doesn't join United ?

Then what ? Consider this scenario.

United have £20m to spend on the midfield dept. Where do they turn ?

Unread 28-03-2007, 10:24 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Where do they turn ?
Round and round in circles til they get dizzy and fall over?

(Sorry, dunno.)

Unread 28-03-2007, 10:25 AM
suedeshoes

Give Everton £2m for Phil Neville and spend the rest on Berbatov.

Unread 28-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Then what ? Consider this scenario.

United have £20m to spend on the midfield dept. Where do they turn ?
Wait....or

Convert Heinze and buy a seasoned guy al la Cantona/Sheringham.

Unread 28-03-2007, 10:28 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Round and round in circles til they get dizzy and fall over?

(Sorry, dunno.)

Unread 28-03-2007, 10:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

Well I have been told time after time on here that Reo-Coker's a far better player than Hargreaves so presumably we'd turn to him.

Or we could go after another forum fave who would not fit in at the club due to his style of play in Makoun.

Anyway, it's an overly negative cows opinion as the one thing I'm certain of is that we'll get Hagreaves in the summer.

Unread 28-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Well I have been told time after time on here that Reo-Coker's a far better player than Hargreaves so presumably we'd turn to him.

Or we could go after another forum fave who would not fit in at the club due to his style of play in Makoun.

Anyway, it's an overly negative cows opinion as the one thing I'm certain of is that we'll get Hagreaves in the summer.
Hargreaves will be captain 2008/09.

Unread 28-03-2007, 10:35 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
It'll leave a sour taste if United shell the reported amount of spondoolicks on Hargo.

He has to be a roaring success for that amount of money and I don't think he'll justify it. He isn't a Makelele and he sure as hell isn't an Essien.

Unread 28-03-2007, 10:36 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyuiop
Hargreaves will be captain 2008/09.
Maybe, has that sort of quality about him but tbh Rio will stillbe at the club and will probbly be captain.

Unread 28-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
Maybe, has that sort of quality about him but tbh Rio will stillbe at the club and will probbly be captain.
That'll please pure

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
It'll leave a sour taste if United shell the reported amount of spondoolicks on Hargo.

He has to be a roaring success for that amount of money and I don't think he'll justify it. He isn't a Makelele and he sure as hell isn't an Essien.
Don't agree, all the whining about Carricks fee last summer has been shown to be stupid and pointless, he's had a good first season and we're probbly on our way to some silverware. That's all you can ask of Hargreaves in my opinion, play well, improve the team and help us to get in position to wein things. Harking on about fees is a waste of time.

suedeshoes

Reo-Cokers shite.

Unread 28-03-2007, 10:40 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Reo-Cokers shite.
I know he is, unfortunately his Fredster pimps disagree.

Unread 28-03-2007, 10:42 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyuiop
That'll please pure
bad rep

Unread 28-03-2007, 10:57 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Don't agree, all the whining about Carricks fee last summer has been shown to be stupid and pointless, he's had a good first season and we're probbly on our way to some silverware. That's all you can ask of Hargreaves in my opinion, play well, improve the team and help us to get in position to wein things. Harking on about fees is a waste of time.
A waste of time maybe, but you'll have to indulge me because it is £#%&!ing important. More important than ever before too.

Carricks fee, however outrageous, didn't annoy me in the slightest.

Not sure why because it was more out of line than the fee United will reportedly stump up for Hargreaves.

Still, £20million ?

Twenty million pounds sterling ?

There's shrewder signings to be had I'd say.

Unread 28-03-2007, 11:00 AM
antonin jablonsky

And there we have it eh Leavesy, the actual reason behind the thread. You don't rate Hargreaves and don't want us to sign him. Now that's fair enough but you could've been more honest from the start. Also from that position, isn't it incumbant on you to come up with viable alternatives.

Unread 28-03-2007, 11:15 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
And there we have it eh Leavesy, the actual reason behind the thread. You don't rate Hargreaves and don't want us to sign him. Now that's fair enough but you could've been more honest from the start. Also from that position, isn't it incumbant on you to come up with viable alternatives.
I was interested to see if any else is looking beyond the very real possibility of Hargreaves not signing.

Come on, consider.

a) If there's one team in world football stubborn enough to keep Hargreaves, it's Bayern.

b) Who's to say United have this amount to spend anyway ? There was and still is a lot of rumour that United were just appeasing the supporters by making these enquiries. I'm not ready to subscribe to this therory but it is plausable.

I rate him as a tidy player but I certainly don't rate him to the tune of approx £20million. Try 8-10m and we're getting somewhere close. I know the market dictates but jesus wept.

Who do I want ? Fernandes. Pipe dream ? probably.

Hell, why not bid £20m for Xavi and see what reception we get ?

Unread 28-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Whalefish

Wesley Sneijder mother£#%&!ers.

He had the grand tour of Carrington last Summer.

Unread 28-03-2007, 11:17 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Hell, why not bid £20m for Xavi and see what reception we get ?
You want us to be laughed hysterically at by Spaniards? Why?

Unread 28-03-2007, 11:20 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Wesley Sneijder mother£#%&!ers.
Some rumours about him a week ago in the papers I think.

Anyway as I keep saying, cows opinion, Hargreaves is on his way. We want him, he wants to join us and he'll only be 4 months off signing a pre-contract to a free transfer come August so Bayern can't stubbornly keep him without losing a fortune.
Closed Thread