United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Kim Jong-il

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim887
If the worst comes to the worst, we should draw lots to see who has to borrow a shitload of money at ludicrous rates of interest to buy FC, then immediately transfer all the debt onto the club. The other fans will stop going in protest, and have to set up another club for something to do on a Saturday afternoon. Loads of money will be raised in initial donations, and everything will be OK for another couple of years. Apart from the new Glazer bloke who will have to do a Captain Oats and fall on their sword. Admitedly survival will mean a never-ending cycle of boom and bust, and constantly setting up new clubs. And it'll probably get to the point that you can't even remember who you £#%&!ing support any more, but hey it's survival.
Hey thats got legs that idea, Christy Brown's legs

Unread 27-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Sparky***

I hate threads like this.

Unread 27-03-2007, 12:18 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
I hate threads like this.
This one hasn't been so bad, it made it to 40 posts before the forum shithouse got involved, I don't think that is too bad.

Unread 27-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Kim Jong-il

To be fair 26K is £#%&! all. Its entry level for my Job in London. If you're a Chief Exec its a pittance.

Unread 27-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
This one hasn't been so bad, it made it to 40 posts before the forum shithouse got involved, I don't think that is too bad.
I agree - it was a civil discussion up to this point.

In fact, why don't I just stick the @#%&! on ignore?

Edit: Done. That's better.

Unread 27-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Gigg Lane is too big and too costly for sure.

We should try to buy out Flixton FC then build their ground up, not sure if the owner of Flixton would go for it but it's a great little location and if it had stands all the way around it could easily hold 8-10k which would be perfect for a good few years.

I wouldnt be opposed to some sort of merger down the line either, as long as we can keep our name and identity.
yeah, £#%&! the fact flixton have been around for years, have managed to get their own ground, run their own club and attract their own fans. as long as fc get to keep their name and identity

ffs, talk of buying out other, more established clubs for their own ends? that's more right wing than andrei kanchelskis.

what do other fc fans think of that idea? seems to go against the principals the club stand for, surely?

Unread 27-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Zorg

You know, it's something I still don't get about message boards: just taking a look at Fred now I see threads about Michael Schumacher, the Libertines and the Rolling Stones, none of which I am really arsed about. There are also frequent rugby and cricket threads - I don't know anything about them either. I imagine that these conversations carry on perfectly well without what would be my knowledge-free and therefore pointless and embarrassing input. So I just don't open them, and the world stays the same. Surely it's no more complicated than that, is it?

Unread 27-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
yeah, £#%&! the fact flixton have been around for years, have managed to get their own ground, run their own club and attract their own fans. as long as fc get to keep their name and identity

ffs, talk of buying out other, more established clubs for their own ends? that's more right wing than andrei kanchelskis.

what do other fc fans think of that idea? seems to go against the principals the club stand for, surely?
Yes. Sorry, Lou, but taking over another club is an abhorrent idea.

Unread 27-03-2007, 12:40 PM
suedeshoes

FCUM shouldnt and wouldnt attempt to merge or buy out another club. Leigh RMI floated this idea at the very beginning but FCUM turned it down as ...as Jack Duckworth has pointed out...its against the ethos of the club.

Unread 27-03-2007, 12:44 PM
nei

As shoes and others have said.

Unread 27-03-2007, 12:45 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
There's also the United factor, .

Unread 27-03-2007, 12:48 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Jong-il
. . If you're a Chief Exec its a pittance.

Unread 27-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater

Unread 27-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Child of Darkness

lets just clarify some things here;

the loss made this year is small - easily covered by the profit of last year

this year attendences are down as are revenues from merchadise (novelty factor wearing off spose plus very few saturday home games- strangely)

next year we will be in the unibond - which should ggnerate higher gate reciepts and we are also releasing a new kit (which the members voted for)

the commercial side of things will bring in more and more revenue the higher up the ladder we go.

This year we started a reserve team and a youth team both of which had set up costs .

Yes its costs too much at bury

YES we want to be more central long term

Yes we need our own ground

But with 40% of attendees under 21 - the future is very bright for fc

As to whether we will struggle next year- time will tell but we played Warrington town from unibond 1 last month and spanked them 5-1 on there own pitch.......

Agreed on the midfield thing tho- need a keane like monster.

Unread 27-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Kim Jong-il

Quote:
What? My company is prob a similar size to FC we have about 100 personnel. I can guarantee you our Chief Exec doesn't earn 26K.

Unread 27-03-2007, 12:52 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Gigg Lane is too big and too costly for sure.

We should try to buy out Flixton FC then build their ground up, not sure if the owner of Flixton would go for it but it's a great little location and if it had stands all the way around it could easily hold 8-10k which would be perfect for a good few years.

I wouldnt be opposed to some sort of merger down the line either, as long as we can keep our name and identity.
Unibond will be tough and IMO could be the ultimate undoing of FC - We could get stuck there for years...

Unread 27-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Ed Sullivan

Thumbs down

Quote:

Unread 27-03-2007, 01:00 PM
suedeshoes

Violator...you're a £#%&!in coward sunshine...the kind of kid who stands round the outside shouting "fight, fight..." then £#%&!ing off on your toes if anyone looks at you. If youve got summat to say, say it...instead of just putting childish faces on the comments of those willing to defend their positions.

Unread 27-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Violator...you're a £#%&!in coward sunshine...the kind of kid who stands round the outside shouting "fight, fight..." then £#%&!ing off on your toes if anyone looks at you. If youve got summat to say, say it...instead of just putting childish faces on the comments of those willing to defend their positions.

Unread 27-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
it's true what he said though.
Closed Thread