United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-07-2009, 11:50 AM
redrose

Default Pre-Season Tour Squad

Why no Rafael? Good to see Wes tho...

From ManUtd.com

Sir Alex Ferguson will have a strong squad at his disposal on Saturday, when he names the line-up for United's first Asia Tour match against Malaysian XI.

All bar two of the 22 players on board the flight from Manchester to Kuala Lumpur are full internationals, the exceptions being Brazilian left-back Fabio da Silva and Italian striker Federico Macheda.

New signing Michael Owen is in contention for his first appearance in a United shirt, having joined fellow strikers Wayne Rooney, Dimitar Berbatov and young Macheda on the plane.

Travelling squad: Edwin van der Sar, Tomasz Kuszczak, Ben Foster; Jonny Evans, Patrice Evra, Rio Ferdinand, Gary Neville, Wes Brown, John O’Shea, Fabio da Silva; Nani, Zoran Tosic, Darren Fletcher, Anderson, Darron Gibson, Paul Scholes, Michael Carrick, Ryan Giggs; Michael Owen, Dimitar Berbatov, Federico Macheda, Wayne Rooney.

Unread 16-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Sloppy

Is this on mutv only?

Unread 16-07-2009, 11:52 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose
Why no Rafael? Good to see Wes tho...

From ManUtd.com

Sir Alex Ferguson will have a strong squad at his disposal on Saturday, when he names the line-up for United's first Asia Tour match against Malaysian XI.

All bar two of the 22 players on board the flight from Manchester to Kuala Lumpur are full internationals, the exceptions being Brazilian left-back Fabio da Silva and Italian striker Federico Macheda.

New signing Michael Owen is in contention for his first appearance in a United shirt, having joined fellow strikers Wayne Rooney, Dimitar Berbatov and young Macheda on the plane.

Travelling squad: Edwin van der Sar, Tomasz Kuszczak, Ben Foster; Jonny Evans, Patrice Evra, Rio Ferdinand, Gary Neville, Wes Brown, John O’Shea, Rafael da Silva; Fabio da Silva; Nani, Zoran Tosic, Darren Fletcher, Anderson, Darron Gibson, Paul Scholes, Michael Carrick, Ryan Giggs; Michael Owen, Dimitar Berbatov, Federico Macheda, Wayne Rooney.
He's there

Unread 16-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Is this on mutv only?
yep.

i hate these tours to the far east. they're completely pointless from a footballing point of view.

Unread 16-07-2009, 11:56 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
yep.

i hate these tours to the far east. they're completely pointless from a footballing point of view.
Agree. But everyone knows we don't go there for footballing reasons. It must be a right @#%&! for the players too, playing against vastly inferior teams.

Unread 16-07-2009, 11:57 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
yep. i hate these tours to the far east. they're completely pointless from a footballing point of view.
Absolute rubbish. The Asian opposition are perfect for us. Technically excellent, physically tough, very fast and a real, stern test. I, for one, would be relishing playing Loveyoulongtime FC.

Unread 16-07-2009, 11:58 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Absolute rubbish. The Asian opposition are perfect for us. Technically excellent, physically tough, very fast and a real, stern test. I, for one, would be relishing playing Loveyoulongtime FC.
Racist & reported.

Do you ever £#%&!ing learn? You need to nip this racism in the bud.

Unread 16-07-2009, 12:00 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Racist & reported. Do you ever £#%&!ing learn? You need to nip this racism in the bud.

Hardly racist, that.

Unread 16-07-2009, 12:01 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas

Hardly racist, that.
Doesn't matter. I know you were thinking racist thoughts.

Unread 16-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Racist & reported.

Do you ever £#%&!ing learn? You need to nip this racism in the bud.

Unread 16-07-2009, 12:02 PM
redrose

You lot are so busy slagging the tour off you actually haven't spotted that there is no Valencia, Rafael, Valencia, Vidic, Obertan...!!!

Unread 16-07-2009, 12:03 PM
wiganste

Quote:
You lot are so busy slagging the tour off you actually haven't spotted that there is no Valencia, Rafael, Valencia, Vidic, Obertan...!!!
The Valencia twins haven't travelled

Unread 16-07-2009, 12:03 PM
koppas

Quote:
Incorrect. I was too busy being racist to notice.

Unread 16-07-2009, 12:04 PM
redrose

Quote:
The Valencia twins haven't travelled
Sorry, I meant Park! Far East tour and no Park! I predict a riot!

Unread 16-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Jez Quigley

Default no

Welbeck or Grimes either

Unread 16-07-2009, 12:08 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Sorry, I meant Park! Far East tour and no Park! I predict a riot!
He's at Villa agreeing personal terms.

Unread 16-07-2009, 12:09 PM
In 76 now this is true

The published squads are never complete anyway, loads of times they put a squad on manutd.com for a game, with player X or player y missing, only for them to feature the next day.
The squad doesnt list Vidic either.

Orbertan is not travelling as he has a slight injury.
Valencia is not travelling as he is still on holiday following games for Ecuador.
Wellbeck is on England under 19 duty (As are one or two of the youth team).

Unread 16-07-2009, 12:15 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by In 76 now this is true
The published squads are never complete anyway, loads of times they put a squad on manutd.com for a game, with player X or player y missing, only for them to feature the next day.

Valencia is not travelling as he is still on holiday follwoing games for Ecuador.
Here's the voice of the club.

Unread 16-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Here's the voice of the club.
Where?

Unread 16-07-2009, 12:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by In 76 now this is true
The squad doesnt list Vidic either.

Valencia is not travelling as he is still on holiday following games for Ecuador.
Wellbeck is on England under 19 duty (As are one or two of the youth team).
Erm, he's been at Carrington training all this week.
Closed Thread