United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 03-11-2023, 10:30 AM
NedKelly

‘Balanced squad’ you say, Ange? How about a squad where your only midfielders are a fat Brazilian, a reanimated corpse and the dullest man in the world? And are you alright with just the one, sole striker to rely on? He’s only 12 too, so still a bit rough around the edges. And how about a centre back who will be injured for months at a time, meaning you might get a chance at starting Jonny Evans; yep, that’s right, Jonny Evans, the man who wasn’t good enough a decade ago is back at the age of 43 and he’s definitely good enough now. And what about our goalkeeper we bought for his distribution, who can’t distribute?

How about it, Ange?

Unread 03-11-2023, 10:31 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
He's started well but, tbf, you can't use success at celtic as a barometer of how good a manager is

He'd have the same issue ETH is anyway; trying to communicate to a group of players who by and large believe they are bigger than the club and have all the power.
Neil Lennon won 5 Scottish leagues as manager and Steven Gerard 1.

Nft.

Unread 03-11-2023, 10:49 AM
Stickman

Way too early to be saying he’s “best in class” : passthesickbucket:

But

He definitely knows how to implement attacking football. It’s the small things like insisting his teams take their throw ins rapid I quite like it anyway.

Unread 03-11-2023, 10:55 AM
Dr Stranger

Journalists:

Postegoglu: “Mate…”

Unread 03-11-2023, 11:04 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
‘Balanced squad’ you say, Ange? How about a squad where your only midfielders are a fat Brazilian, a reanimated corpse and the dullest man in the world? And are you alright with just the one, sole striker to rely on? He’s only 12 too, so still a bit rough around the edges. And how about a centre back who will be injured for months at a time, meaning you might get a chance at starting Jonny Evans; yep, that’s right, Jonny Evans, the man who wasn’t good enough a decade ago is back at the age of 43 and he’s definitely good enough now. And what about our goalkeeper we bought for his distribution, who can’t distribute?

How about it, Ange?
The narrative is changing .

Spurs who lost their striker and best player and finished outside the European places are a better more balanced squad that the team that finished 3rd

Just admit ange is getting more out of an inferior squad ffs and spend the little money he is giving better.

Unread 03-11-2023, 11:07 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
The narrative is changing .

Spurs who lost their striker and best player and finished outside the European places are a better more balanced squad that the team that finished 3rd

Just admit ange is getting more out of an inferior squad ffs and spend the little money he is giving better.
I’ve said for ages I think Spurs have a more balanced squad. I’ve also said I’d take several of their players. Cheers.

Unread 03-11-2023, 11:19 AM
AK14

Spurs have a DOF (or DOG as some put it) don’t they?

Unread 03-11-2023, 11:53 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Had no idea this guy was Australian until about 2pm yesterday.

He’s getting a load of stick for this on Twitter. Apparently it’s negative body language and awkward….maybe a bit, but I’ll take that over @#%&!s like Arteta and Pep who make it all about them. Just seems like a fairly normal bloke making an announcement. Not a stanky leg dance in sight.

https://twitter.com/stoolfootball/st...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ
What on earth is wrong with that?

Unread 03-11-2023, 11:55 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
He's doing OK and is flavour of the month.

The type of thinking that suggests he's top level is why modern football has the attention span of a 5 year old.
This.

Mate.

Unread 03-11-2023, 12:13 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
What on earth is wrong with that?
Absolutely nothing. And it’s now what people are praising him for. People are £#%&!ers. HTH.

Unread 03-11-2023, 02:07 PM
My Name is Heath

Am I missing something?

He’s at the top of the table, playing nice football and delivers an excellent answer to a journos question.

Beyond being a Kangaroo Dodger, why is he bothering people?

When we won the treble Butt, Blomqist started v Bayern in the final. Cruyff scored some vitally important goals and tats what he’s saying here surely?

Apologies if I’m missing the boat on this….

Unread 03-11-2023, 02:10 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
He's doing OK and is flavour of the month.

The type of thinking that suggests he's top level is why modern football has the attention span of a 5 year old.
not talking about him for united but it's a bit unfair to say he's flavour of the month just cos it's the first time we've heard of him. won stuff in three different countries, club and international, with different age groups.

winning the league in a country where you don't speak the language not to be sniffed at.

he won it in japan as well...

South Melbourne
National Soccer League Premiership: 1997–98
National Soccer League Championship: 1997–98, 1998–99
Oceania Club Championship: 1999

Australia U17
OFC U-17 Championship: 2001, 2003, 2005

Australia U20
OFC U-20 Championship: 2001, 2002, 2005
AFF U-20 Youth Championship: 2006

Brisbane Roar
A-League Premiership: 2010–11
A-League Championship: 2010–11, 2011–12

Australia
AFC Asian Cup: 2015

Yokohama F. Marinos
J1 League: 2019

Celtic
Scottish Premiership: 2021–22, 2022–23
Scottish Cup: 2022–23
Scottish League Cup: 2021–22, 2022–23

Unread 03-11-2023, 02:23 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Am I missing something?

He’s at the top of the table, playing nice football and delivers an excellent answer to a journos question.

Beyond being a Kangaroo Dodger, why is he bothering people?

When we won the treble Butt, Blomqist started v Bayern in the final. Cruyff scored some vitally important goals and tats what he’s saying here surely?

Apologies if I’m missing the boat on this….
His two goals that season (Southampton, Derby) will live long in the memory

Unread 03-11-2023, 02:33 PM
92ToBury

Ah, the halcyon days of Ole’s first few months in charge. Let’s see how his whole season goes first.

That said, our bunch of £#%&!ers are more than capable of downing tools for anyone and have a history of doing so. Seems like most of them can’t handle any criticism.

Unread 03-11-2023, 02:39 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
not talking about him for united but it's a bit unfair to say he's flavour of the month just cos it's the first time we've heard of him. won stuff in three different countries, club and international, with different age groups.

winning the league in a country where you don't speak the language not to be sniffed at.

he won it in japan as well...

South Melbourne
National Soccer League Premiership: 1997–98
National Soccer League Championship: 1997–98, 1998–99
Oceania Club Championship: 1999

Australia U17
OFC U-17 Championship: 2001, 2003, 2005

Australia U20
OFC U-20 Championship: 2001, 2002, 2005
AFF U-20 Youth Championship: 2006

Brisbane Roar
A-League Premiership: 2010–11
A-League Championship: 2010–11, 2011–12

Australia
AFC Asian Cup: 2015

Yokohama F. Marinos
J1 League: 2019

Celtic
Scottish Premiership: 2021–22, 2022–23
Scottish Cup: 2022–23
Scottish League Cup: 2021–22, 2022–23
Well you can discount absolutely everything he did in Australia, so basically he’s won the league in Japan, and done pretty well in Scotland.

It’s hardly a CV that would have had clubs clamouring for him, hence why he’s ended up at Spurs. Certainly doing a good job there so far, but it’s certainly early days to read too much into it.

For perspective, Spurs have 3 more points than at the same stage last season.

Unread 03-11-2023, 02:49 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Well you can discount absolutely everything he did in Australia.
I’m team ange

It’s still a league

Unread 03-11-2023, 02:49 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Well you can discount absolutely everything he did in Australia, so basically he’s won the league in Japan, and done pretty well in Scotland.

It’s hardly a CV that would have had clubs clamouring for him, hence why he’s ended up at Spurs. Certainly doing a good job there so far, but it’s certainly early days to read too much into it.

For perspective, Spurs have 3 more points than at the same stage last season.

Unread 03-11-2023, 03:02 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Not sure it matters what country - you’ve won the league against equals. Same as Erik. Same as Fergie before coming here.

Plus doing it at different clubs and environments definitely counts for something. Loads of coaches just bluffing it after inheriting a great squad or recruitment team or whatever structure then unable to recreate elsewhere.

He could be an absolute flop at spurs- way too early to tell but I think his background stands up.

Unread 03-11-2023, 03:11 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
I’m team ange

It’s still a league
Nah, absolute joke league, managing Erinsborough Rovers with Alf Stewart in nets and Madge Bishop up front. £#%&! that.

Unread 03-11-2023, 03:13 PM
Jethro

I recall Ole's league win being routinely laughed at on here.