United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Hall of Fame

Unread 27-04-2020, 12:36 PM
Coracao

Newcastle too. Tho no idea if Beckham was fit or not.

Unread 27-04-2020, 01:33 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Newcastle too. Tho no idea if Beckham was fit or not.
He was well fit I reckon - even a heterosexual man like me can admit that.

Unread 27-04-2020, 01:37 PM
ScarFace

Thumbs up

Love Beckham.

How he's stayed married to that thing when he could have had the pick of of the worlds female population, is insane.

Unread 27-04-2020, 01:50 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Love Beckham.

How he's stayed married to that thing when he could have had the pick of of the worlds female population, is insane.
This.

Like going to The World's Best Buffet and filling your plate with Iceland own brand turkey twizzlers.

Unread 27-04-2020, 02:03 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
This.

Like going to The World's Best Buffet and filling your plate with Iceland own brand turkey twizzlers.
I am sure he has been no angel, let's be honest....

Rebecca Loos was probably one of many.

Unread 27-04-2020, 04:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Love Beckham.

Never mind Becks not being the best midfielder at United (yes for me Scholes has the edge, just) but he didn't even marry the best looking Spice Girl.

Unread 27-04-2020, 04:23 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Never mind Becks not being the best midfielder at United (yes for me Scholes has the edge, just) but he didn't even marry the best looking Spice Girl.
Horrific take, she was easily the best spice girl at that time...

Unread 27-04-2020, 07:28 PM
redhegemony

Beckham's game for England v Greece in 2001 is probably the most single handed effort i can remember of any one player, he literally won the game for England despite his team mates. there was a touch of the Robson about him - the way he drove the team forward. Astonishing performance.

Unread 27-04-2020, 07:30 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Beckham's game for England v Greece in 2001 is probably the most single handed effort i can remember of any one player, he literally won the game for England despite his team mates. there was a touch of the Robson about him - the way he drove the team forward. Astonishing performance.
One of the few comparable instances I can recall is Keane for us at Juventus 21 years ago.

Unread 27-04-2020, 07:46 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
One of the few comparable instances I can recall is Keane for us at Juventus 21 years ago.
good call.

Unread 27-04-2020, 07:59 PM
Mr_Ed

Easy to forget how good he was... he was a great player for us.

Unread 27-04-2020, 09:11 PM
Pancho77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
UK's best ever midfielder.....won us the treble, should have won England a world cup...(arsed)

A genuine world class player .
This

Unread 28-04-2020, 06:41 AM
Marvel7

Quote:

Agree with all that, except the game was a draw.

Unread 28-04-2020, 07:40 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
Wasn’t it felt at the time he tried harder for England than United?

Unread 28-04-2020, 07:47 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Nedved v Holland Euro 2000.

Unread 28-04-2020, 07:48 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Wasn’t it felt at the time he tried harder for England than United?
I think it’s more he had to turn into a complete workhorse for England as it seemed he was the one player putting in effort for them back then. Unbelievable really, that team on paper had a real chance at winning things, and yet they never got close.

Unread 28-04-2020, 07:48 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Remember it well

Unread 28-04-2020, 07:54 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Zidane vs Brazil '98

Messi vs Madrid '07

Pogba vs City '18 here bunksy wunksy

Unread 28-04-2020, 08:02 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
There was an Ireland game that I ended up watching back in the day pretty much by chance, this one against Holland I think, where Keane was just incredible, not just in the usual way he was, he did absolutely everything, his passing and drive was amazing.

Obviously at United he was part of an amazing midfield, without knowing the rest of the team Ireland had out that game, it probably wasn't quite Beckham, Scholes, Keane & Giggs, so he seemed to take on the responsibility himself.

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/ro...ireland-162781

Unread 28-04-2020, 08:12 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
yeah the win was qualifying