United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-09-2023, 04:21 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Real hero of the treble....

Winning that corner... And think was involved in 1 in 3 goals over whole season....
Great points well-made

Unread 27-09-2023, 07:00 PM
puressence

Brilliant player who engineered his move like everything else he does.

Unread 27-09-2023, 07:02 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWickstaff
His goal in league decider V Spurs was stunning. Bent it in right footed from right side of pitch. Not seen anyone do it since. Stunning.
he scored a few free kicks like that as well, and his goal against arsenal in the semi final replay

a genuinely world class player at his peak

Unread 27-09-2023, 08:23 PM
Chris Quayd

Absolutely love Becks but there is some revisionsim going on. He was on the way a year before he left with that nonsense one year contract extension that took 9 months. The circus was getting bigger, particularly after he was made captain of England and he wanted to play in the middle more often. He didn't want to be the '99 Becks and he was never going to displace Keane or Scholes in midfield.

It's possible things might have turned out different if he hadn't married someone so famous but then that wasn't an accident either. Thanks for the memories and I wouldn't bet against him becoming a part owner of the club whenever we finally bin the Glazers.

Unread 27-09-2023, 10:57 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
He was insane for us in the treble season.
But not as good as David Ginola….. apparently

Unread 28-09-2023, 09:19 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
But not as good as David Ginola….. apparently
If aliens came and saw that, they would nuke as as we are beyond redemption

Unread 28-09-2023, 09:44 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
I can’t fully put into words how disappointed I’d be if aliens showed up in a flying saucer that could defy everything we know about Astro physics, with the capability break the speed of light, bend time and withstand the force of gravity and, when they arrived, decided to ‘nuke’ us.

To be not even worthy of a decent zapping. Humiliating, to say the least.

Unread 29-09-2023, 05:05 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Just had a look at winners since mid-70s.

15x Liverpool players
6x United
6x Tottenham

Tony Book. Emlyn Hughes. Steve Perryman.

No Denis Law. No David Beckham.

Unread 29-09-2023, 05:28 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Just had a look at winners since mid-70s.

15x Liverpool players
6x United
6x Tottenham

Tony Book. Emlyn Hughes. Steve Perryman.

No Denis Law. No David Beckham.
Law stopped playing in 74 so it’s not that surprising.

Unread 29-09-2023, 06:35 AM
MUFC One Love

Fantastic player and criminally underrated.

He was far more than just crosses and free kicks.

Unread 29-09-2023, 07:04 AM
Patty_b

My idol as a kid. He was outside Old Trafford before a game signing autographs for kids before he broke into the first team, he genuinely looked giddy as £#%&! to be there and being swamped by people. I didn't get my shirt signed because it would come out in the wash, and it wasn't like I could just get a new shirt to wear instead. Regret No.1.

Unbelievable player, although I think his desire for fame off the pitch heavily contributed to how under-rated he was on the pitch.

Also think he left at the right time, technically still had bags to offer the team but mentally the club wasn't his number one priority anymore.

Unread 29-09-2023, 09:07 AM
magic_cantona

Incredible player, top human being, £#%&! England. Loved/love him.

But, Ole played in his position for his last season and a bit and not only wanted it more, but was better there than Beckham. He obviously wanted out (100% down to Posh) and, like with other legends, it was sad how it ended.

Unread 29-09-2023, 09:11 AM
Whip Hubley

Greatest right winger of all time imo....

Not winning the balloon door in 99 was criminal tbh, he was absolutely ridiculous.

Shame how it ended between him and fergie really. Should have been a giggsy (in terms of staying until the end of his career, not slapping his mrs about).

£#%&!ing hell we were lucky.

Unread 29-09-2023, 10:37 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Incredible player, top human being, £#%&! England. Loved/love him.

But, Ole played in his position for his last season and a bit and not only wanted it more, but was better there than Beckham. He obviously wanted out (100% down to Posh) and, like with other legends, it was sad how it ended.
Ole really showed his football brain in that position. I couldn’t quite believe how consistently well he did there. Brilliant decision making.

Trailer looks quality for this.

Unread 29-09-2023, 12:09 PM
Jack Duckworth

One of my favourite ever United players. His work rate was phenomenal and he was never afraid to get stuck in either. Best crosser of a ball I've ever seen.

Unread 29-09-2023, 07:24 PM
Neo

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Greatest right winger of all time imo....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...affection.html

Quote:
David Beckham shared a video in which he kissed his daughter Harper, 12, on the lips while she applied his make-up during Paris Fashion Week on Thursday.

As the pair prepared for matriarch Victoria's fashion show in the French capital, the footballer posted the video in which he kissed his daughter.

For many years the Beckhams have sparked widespread discussion over their affections, with David dividing fans by sharing images showing him kissing his daughter - yet he has always remained defiant.
Not sure why he keeps persisting with this oddball activity, tbh.

Weird family.

Unread 29-09-2023, 07:34 PM
Bunker Buster

Oh no, he's kissed his daughter again.....

Unread 29-09-2023, 08:33 PM
Ethers

I’m presuming it’s because he doesn’t give a £#%&! what anyone else thinks about the way he shows affection to his daughter, and rightly so.

Imagine actually being arsed about it ffs

Unread 29-09-2023, 10:38 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I’m presuming it’s because he doesn’t give a £#%&! what anyone else thinks about the way he shows affection to his daughter, and rightly so.

Imagine actually being arsed about it ffs
Its one of the weirdest stories ever....

Unread 29-09-2023, 10:46 PM
Stickman

First i’ve heard of this. Why the £#%&! is he getting stick for that?!
Closed Thread