United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-08-2023, 07:56 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
£100m initial fee, performance related add ons worth £15m and they even negotiated a sell on clause. Brighton have played an absolute blinder.
Shows the desperation of Chelsea, as well as the lack of imagination. He’ll as to the team, no question. Enzo looked good yesterday and will benefit from having this lad next to him. But he’s not going to to turn them into contenders. Not with Sterling and Percy Jackson up front.

Unread 14-08-2023, 07:58 AM
Lok

He's a good player but £115m is mental.

Unread 14-08-2023, 08:08 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I thought they couldn’t do the daft long contract thing anymore?

How on Earth are they getting away with spending this much ?
They exploited a loophole last season with the contracts.

This summer has been driven by player sales. Suspect there will be a few teams with a higher net spend come 1 Sep.

The interesting thing will be what they do when some of these players don't make the grade and they are stuck with lads on 6-8 year contracts, which are apparently back-loaded in terms of wages.

Unread 14-08-2023, 08:13 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
They exploited a loophole last season with the contracts.

This summer has been driven by player sales. Suspect there will be a few teams with a higher net spend come 1 Sep.

The interesting thing will be what they do when some of these players don't make the grade and they are stuck with lads on 6-8 year contracts, which are apparently back-loaded in terms of wages.
They’ll probably just ship them off to Saudi like they did this summer.

Unread 14-08-2023, 08:20 AM
Coracao

Quote:
They’ll probably just ship them off to Saudi like they did this summer.
Very different age profiles though. Those they shipped out were all in their 30s and looking at a final pay off.

The profile of Chelsea's recent signings have tended to be early 20s. Guess some may be tempted by an outrageous wage though, but we haven't really seen those players signing, yet.

Unread 14-08-2023, 08:22 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Very different age profiles though. Those they shipped out were all in their 30s and looking at a final pay off.

The profile of Chelsea's recent signings have tended to be early 20s. Guess some may be tempted by an outrageous wage though, but we haven't really seen those players signing, yet.
I suspect the profile of profile that goes to Saudi will rapidly change in the years to come. Only a matter of time until they start attracting top players at their peak. It’s all rather shit, but this has been coming for a while.

Unread 14-08-2023, 08:43 AM
shenwen

Quote:
I suspect the profile of profile that goes to Saudi will rapidly change in the years to come. Only a matter of time until they start attracting top players at their peak. It’s all rather shit, but this has been coming for a while.
One of the Saudi league heads said as much yesterday. Also said they’ll be looking eventually to compete against the top teams in Europe. Pretty much what I said in the Mbappe thread a few months ago and was told it’d never happen.

Unread 14-08-2023, 09:09 AM
AK14

https://x.com/footballdaily/status/1...A3dB-7-ot5Dfuw

The player turned you down you yellow teeth smelly @#%&!.

Unread 14-08-2023, 09:10 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
One of the Saudi league heads said as much yesterday. Also said they’ll be looking eventually to compete against the top teams in Europe. Pretty much what I said in the Mbappe thread a few months ago and was told it’d never happen.
It’s the same as when some tinpot club gets huge investment. Their success doesn’t happen overnight, but they’ll get some watershed signing that attracts more players and build, bit by bit.

Right now, the appeal is money. Soon, they’ll have the appeal of playing with good players and coaches.

Footballers are simple. They want money, to win things and to play with good players under good coaches. The lack of ‘history and tradition’ won’t matter much.

And the Premier League can’t complain. They started us down this road.

Unread 14-08-2023, 07:05 PM
windy waffles

8 year contract with the option for an additional year...

Unread 15-08-2023, 12:01 AM
marlo

I love things like this..

Unread 15-08-2023, 12:46 AM
Sandman

In two windows they've got Fernandez, Caicedo, & Lavia, that's a midfield full of running, power, and technique. Looks like great work tbh, similar to how Madrid don't £#%&! around.

Unread 15-08-2023, 12:57 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
In two windows they've got Fernandez, Caicedo, & Lavia, that's a midfield full of running, power, and technique. Looks like great work tbh, similar to how Madrid don't £#%&! around.
Enzo (best midfielder in the league imo), lavia and caciedo vs our three.

Unread 15-08-2023, 12:59 AM
Stickman

Fair play to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
I know we've sneered at Chelsea in the past but one thing you have to hand them is that that failure really doesn't sit well with them. They are ruthless.

Unread 15-08-2023, 02:48 AM
BigJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Enzo (best midfielder in the league imo), lavia and caciedo vs our three.
Jesus. Do you ever shut the £#%&! up?

Unread 15-08-2023, 09:13 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim
Jesus. Do you ever shut the £#%&! up?
Take the thong out yo bussy, playa

Unread 15-08-2023, 09:28 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
"My dream is to play for Manchester United," Caicedo said last year, speaking to The Athletic. "Antonio Valencia is an example to follow.

"With his strength and dedication, he was able to get to that level. That motivates me to keep working hard and do the right things."
Closed Thread