United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-09-2022, 10:11 PM
Sapien

Scored a brilliant overhead kick from the edge of the box for QPR once.

Unread 14-09-2022, 10:16 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Not sure he understands the concept of social media. Or much else.
I love his little defiant rant "i'm going to stand by what I say".... except for when i get my knuckles rapped by talksport and I post a grovelling insincere apology and delete the post.

Unread 14-09-2022, 10:16 PM
goonlooca

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Or he’s been told he’s not going back on TalkSPORT
Have they made any official statement about the bloo @#%&! yet?

Unread 14-09-2022, 11:24 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I love his little defiant rant "i'm going to stand by what I say".... except for when i get my knuckles rapped by talksport and I post a grovelling insincere apology and delete the post.
Or "I'm still racist but my timing is shit. I get it from my football career."

Unread 15-09-2022, 08:17 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien
scored a brilliant overhead kick from the edge of the box for qpr once.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=momkygxpudw
alway love the barnsley fans fume when it flies in

Unread 15-09-2022, 10:15 AM
Parlabane

I Went to school with him or more accurately I was at the same school as him, he was always popular as he was the best footballer by miles, fast as anything and generally known to be hard as £#%&! so nobody messed around with him and everyone wanted to be his mate.

Remember this was back in the early 80's and he had a nickname ( think Jim Davidson ) that would be considered massively racist in today’s age and even back then people should have known better but everyone called it him - not in a mean abusive way it was just what he was known by and he on the face of it accepted it.

I'm not saying what he tweeted was right but I can understand why he feels he needs to crusade against racism ( he is strident about it on Talkshite as well ) as it is something he has lived with all his life even to the point as a kid you were known by a name associated with the colour of your skin and Im sure growing up he encountered a lot worse.

If this was a kid who was good at sport, popular and hard as £#%&! being on the end of racism ( however low level we thought at the time ) he will have seen others far worse affected by it and probably feels he has a platform to call it out.

Other than that he has grown up to be a complete #@&%!, but I can understand his feelings on racism

Unread 15-09-2022, 10:17 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
I Went to school with him or more accurately I was at the same school as him, he was always popular as he was the best footballer by miles, fast as anything and generally known to be hard as £#%&! so nobody messed around with him and everyone wanted to be his mate.

Remember this was back in the early 80's and he had a nickname ( think Jim Davidson ) that would be considered massively racist in today’s age and even back then people should have known better but everyone called it him - not in a mean abusive way it was just what he was known by and he on the face of it accepted it.

I'm not saying what he tweeted was right but I can understand why he feels he needs to crusade against racism ( he is strident about it on Talkshite as well ) as it is something he has lived with all his life even to the point as a kid you were known by a name associated with the colour of your skin and Im sure growing up he encountered a lot worse.

If this was a kid who was good at sport, popular and hard as £#%&! being on the end of racism ( however low level we thought at the time ) he will have seen others far worse affected by it and probably feels he has a platform to call it out.

Other than that he has grown up to be a complete #@&%!, but I can understand his feelings on racism
This is probably the non partisan truth

Unread 15-09-2022, 12:41 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane

I can see where that would come from, but I don't think most school kids saw these names as a pejorative - the ginger kid got called carrot or duracell, the one with glasses got called Joe 90 or speccy, the fat kid got called Roly (Grange Hill reference for the young ones) and so on.

It was probably the generation before that were the more racist, possibly enabled by the Enoch Powell Rivers of Blood speech (old blokes in the pub claiming Enoch was right when seeing West Brom's team and so on ).

Still not sure how much the Queen knew about Trevor's nickname though.

Unread 15-09-2022, 01:26 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
I can see where that would come from, but I don't think most school kids saw these names as a pejorative - the ginger kid got called carrot or duracell, the one with glasses got called Joe 90 or speccy, the fat kid got called Roly (Grange Hill reference for the young ones) and so on.

It was probably the generation before that were the more racist, possibly enabled by the Enoch Powell Rivers of Blood speech (old blokes in the pub claiming Enoch was right when seeing West Brom's team and so on ).

Still not sure how much the Queen knew about Trevor's nickname though.
The royal family had a great chance to lead by example with Meghan tbf, and made a pigs ear out of it.

Unread 15-09-2022, 01:38 PM
wiganste

That's because they're @#%&!s

Would love a bash on her tbf

Unread 15-09-2022, 02:19 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Go on, tell me she's not. Demands privacy, then signs a Netflix deal and does an interview with Oprah.

Unread 15-09-2022, 02:23 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
He's spot on tbf.

You can't tell me she doesn't want to be the most famous woman in the world ffs?

Unread 15-09-2022, 02:27 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
He's spot on tbf.

You can't tell me she doesn't want to be the most famous woman in the world ffs?
She will dump Harry when he is bald and moody and lost all his mates.

She will marry then a Netflix exec or a member of the MCU. Possibly the next Rock? I bet she's eyeing up Roman Reigns as we speak.

Unread 15-09-2022, 02:39 PM
windy waffles

Genuinely believe she will run for President one day.

Unread 15-09-2022, 03:01 PM
Joe Biden

I genuinely thought she was white

Unread 15-09-2022, 03:09 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
I genuinely thought she was white
She's whiter than most of the orange girls in HR where I work

Unread 15-09-2022, 03:37 PM
NedKelly

One thing you have to give to Meghan is she’s always kept a dignified silence.

Unread 15-09-2022, 06:27 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
She's whiter than most of the orange girls in HR where I work

Orange face with lip fillers and painted on eyebrows will go down in history as a stark stain on human history.. .

Unread 15-09-2022, 07:07 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878

Orange face with lip fillers and painted on eyebrows will go down in history as a stark stain on human history.. .

Genuine Oompa Loompa chic.

Girls in my daughters class do it. Mental.

Unread 15-09-2022, 07:38 PM
RARAMSES

Is Sinclair dead yet
Closed Thread