United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-08-2023, 07:14 AM
AK14

Default Caicedo to the dippers for 111m

Unread 11-08-2023, 07:43 AM
Mr_Ed

Ha ha was just about to post the same tweet.

Unread 11-08-2023, 07:44 AM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs down

As a trusted midfield expert, I can safely say this is bad news.

Him and McAllister have played a lot with each other :titter: and that other lad looks handy too

The scousers have upgraded sadly

Unread 11-08-2023, 07:46 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Looks a good player but would be fuming if we’d spent over 100m on him. Anyway he hasn’t signed and it’s all just click bait shite so I’m not even commenting …

Unread 11-08-2023, 07:52 AM
Dasilvatwins

I love how when it’s a United manager the £#%&!ers are quick to put out how much he has spent but when it’s klopp for a guy who’s spent 200 million on nunez and Caicedo the media likes to turn a blind eye.

Love how klopp has changed the the way liverpool do transfers with shrewd signings

Saying that I hope both Brighton lot fail to replicate it it on a stage with more scrutiny and twice a week football. The left back Chelsea signed from them turned out to be a flop so maybe there’s room for two more

Unread 11-08-2023, 08:03 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Looks a good player but would be fuming if we’d spent over 100m on him. Anyway he hasn’t signed and it’s all just click bait shite so I’m not even commenting …
I'd absolutely love it if Chelsea matched the bid because that's where he wants to go apparently.

Unread 11-08-2023, 08:04 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

He’ll go to Chelsea. They’ve only done it because Chelsea bid for @#%&!.

Unread 11-08-2023, 08:16 AM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
As a trusted midfield expert, I can safely say this is bad news.

Him and McAllister have played a lot with each other :titter: and that other lad looks handy too

The scousers have upgraded sadly
They've replaced Fabinho, hes no worse or no better than Fabinho at his best, McAllister & the other fella are decent replacements for Thiago & Henderson but all that isnt going to change the fact that VVD is finisherd and the other defenders cant defend.

Unread 11-08-2023, 08:27 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
They've replaced Fabinho, hes no worse or no better than Fabinho at his best, McAllister & the other fella are decent replacements for Thiago & Henderson but all that isnt going to change the fact that VVD is finisherd and the other defenders cant defend.
Agreed. They had a few seasons with a portion of the team that just picked itself, including a front three that just worked. Now two of them have gone and Salah is past the peak of his powers. They've still got a lot of potential talent up front but can't see it working the same as it did in those few seasons where Salah, Mane and Firminho just worked. Their backline is a bit all over the place and over-reliant on VVD who's not looked the same post injury.

That new midfield is going to have to be picking up a lot of slack in attack and defence this season. Reckon they'll be struggling for top 4 at the end of the season.

Unread 11-08-2023, 08:29 AM
My Name is Heath

I pray you 2 fellow sages are correct

Unread 11-08-2023, 08:29 AM
Dr Stranger

It’s a cracking signing. They needed new midfielders and that’s what they’ve done. The defence was fine when they had a proper midfield and I expect it will be again.

Can’t see them reaching the 90 points + mark like they were doing in recent years, but I expect a considerable improvement.

They’ll be charging round like mad bastards again this season nqat.

Unread 11-08-2023, 08:42 AM
Jethro

Desperate to play for Arsenal.
Desperate to play for Chelsea.

Reeks of bad news and I'm all for it

Unread 11-08-2023, 09:00 AM
dunk

We need to sign Brighton’s negotiation team.

Unread 11-08-2023, 09:01 AM
Mr_Ed

Unread 11-08-2023, 09:02 AM
armchair

Brilliant player. Would've been thrilled with us signing him. Bit of an uncut gem for the money though so hopefully it will go badly wrong. Will get sent off more than Casemiro this season.

Unread 11-08-2023, 09:05 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Brilliant player. Would've been thrilled with us signing him. Bit of an uncut gem for the money though so hopefully it will go badly wrong. Will get sent off more than Casemiro this season.
Not playing for Liverpool he won’t. Fabinho was -3 for red cards last season for some absolute shockers.

Unread 11-08-2023, 09:09 AM
jem

not worried about caicedo. massively overrated for a player with not much sense or talent. for that money, they could have had bellingham. then, it would be a worry. amrabat is a better player.

Unread 11-08-2023, 09:36 AM
marlo

Liverpool needed midfielders are signed 3 midfielders. Idiots

Don’t they know….

We needed a strikers and are going into the season with martial as our senior striker while our other striker is an injured inexperienced 20 year old.

Anyway Christmas let’s see what’s happened and how things have transpired

Unread 11-08-2023, 09:40 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Liverpool needed midfielders are signed 3 midfielders. Idiots

Don’t they know….

We needed a strikers and are going into the season with martial as our senior striker while our other striker is an injured inexperienced 20 year old.

Anyway Christmas let’s see what’s happened and how things have transpired

We needed a midfielder to replace eriksen yet all you do is piss and moan that we signed mount?

We needed a goalkeeper who isn't afraid of the ball to replace DDG and yet all you do is piss and moan that we signed Onana?

We needed a striker and signed a 20 year old prospect that PSG wanted to replace Mbappe with and all you do is piss and moan.

If you're that enamoured with the dippers signings then please, do us all a favour and go and support them

Unread 11-08-2023, 09:40 AM
larry

marlo thinks our transfer activity is complete for the summer
Closed Thread