United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 03-12-2023, 01:52 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Sake, he could be loaning about anything let’s not put words in his mouth. He’s been an absolute £#%&!ing hero off the pitch, showed in one season what he is capable of.

Now… he is what, 80-90% responsible for himself? But his manager is equally responsible. You’re not performing, out of the side. But he’s played “out of position” & does less than zero effort wise. So drop him? Coach him. Motivate him. Whatever it takes but FFS we’re just pandering to the same old heads. St Marcus is & can be a banger of a player but his head is a mess now. Sancho’s is a mess. Anyone else? Varane? Not great but if they need £#%&!ing off then they go, he lives or dies by his decisions but £#%&! me does ETH procrastinate & waffle on about effort when we see £#%&! all.

I’d let Rashford go to PSG for mega bucks personally, can’t keep a player who can’t lay off a 5 yard pass on his money. Same for Sancho. But I’d also bin Antony who couldn’t pass it to 30 yards of space for Rassers and Mount because he’s shit.

ETH either needs to identify his men or get on his bike. He’s as half arsed as Rashford is in all honesty.

Unread 03-12-2023, 01:59 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade

Worse than Solskjaer. Bins Ronaldo while tolerating cheerleading an even lower effort level, worse attitude and worse performances from a player who's repeatedly quit on the team and won £#%&! all.
The thing is he's backed himself into a corner, he can't start a new front with Rashford when he has Sancho/Varane as outcasts on the back of previously having Maguire/The Scottish Player there.

There is simply no excuse for Rashford's performances in particular the lack of effort, he had his best season under ETH and signed a whopping contract on the back of it. He is badly letting the club and the manager down and I can forgive the poor performances because he's just not that good but the effort levels are inexplicable and inexcusable.

Unread 03-12-2023, 02:35 AM
Sparky***

He couldn’t give a £#%&!. Imagine a player doing this a Fergie side

Unread 03-12-2023, 03:49 AM
Dacter

Quote:
Don’t worry Marcus, the rest of us were asking the same question all game.

Look at him, not a drop of perspiration on him.

@#%&!.

Unread 03-12-2023, 06:00 AM
Coracao

PSG our only hope.

Unread 03-12-2023, 06:16 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
PSG our only hope.
They won't be interested now unfortunately

Unread 03-12-2023, 07:10 AM
magic_cantona

Him and Martial are probably the only players in the squad that I wouldn't be arsed if they had long term injuries.

Unread 03-12-2023, 07:11 AM
westcoastvan

A lot of the veteran players are picking up the habits of perpetual losers. (Whining, not tracking back, blaming the ref)

Joel Glazer has facilitated a losing culture at this club. I doubt Real Madrid, City or Bayern would want to bring either Rashford or Fernandez into their team for this reason.

If Ten Hag gets fired Rashford will be on his 6th manager in 8 years!

If he was playing for Liverpool he would just have one (Klopp)....says it all really.

Unread 03-12-2023, 07:39 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
A lot of the veteran players are picking up the habits of perpetual losers. (Whining, not tracking back, blaming the ref)

Joel Glazer has facilitated a losing culture at this club. I doubt Real Madrid, City or Bayern would want to bring either Rashford or Fernandez into their team for this reason.

If Ten Hag gets fired Rashford will be on his 6th manager in 8 years!

If he was playing for Liverpool he would just have one (Klopp)....says it all really.
Suspect he may have had more than one as Klopp would have funked him off

Unread 03-12-2023, 07:44 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Sake, he could be loaning about anything let’s not put words in his mouth. He’s been an absolute £#%&!ing hero off the pitch, showed in one season what he is capable of.

Now… he is what, 80-90% responsible for himself? But his manager is equally responsible. You’re not performing, out of the side. But he’s played “out of position” & does less than zero effort wise. So drop him? Coach him. Motivate him. Whatever it takes but FFS we’re just pandering to the same old heads. St Marcus is & can be a banger of a player but his head is a mess now. Sancho’s is a mess. Anyone else? Varane? Not great but if they need £#%&!ing off then they go, he lives or dies by his decisions but £#%&! me does ETH procrastinate & waffle on about effort when we see £#%&! all.

I’d let Rashford go to PSG for mega bucks personally, can’t keep a player who can’t lay off a 5 yard pass on his money. Same for Sancho. But I’d also bin Antony who couldn’t pass it to 30 yards of space for Rassers and Mount because he’s shit.

ETH either needs to identify his men or get on his bike. He’s as half arsed as Rashford is in all honesty.
New to the definition of equally responsible pal?

Unread 03-12-2023, 08:08 AM
RedNick80

Boom or bust for ETH now, has to drop him. Doesn’t matter what happened with Sancho or Varane, if he keeps playing him then he’ll be sacked.

Him and Martial FFS - we are genuinely playing with 9.5 players.

If ETH doesn’t see this then sorry to say but it’s his own fault.

Unread 03-12-2023, 09:33 AM
Ethers

Quote:
It doesn’t look like he says that at all

Unread 03-12-2023, 10:26 AM
Zorg

Is it possible he has a play every league game clause?
It’s just that he clearly despises the club, the fans and football itself.

Unread 03-12-2023, 10:31 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Well he's definitely got other clauses in his contract:

Don't have to run after ANYONE.

Must lose ball at least 30 times a half.

Waving arms around and blaming others is a must.

This lazy @#%&! is our top earner isn't he? Jesus

Unread 03-12-2023, 10:31 AM
waynes ear's

if he's so good off the field maybe he just just £#%&! off and do that full time

dogshit overhyped, overpaid, self absorbed and thick as £#%&! @#%&!

Unread 03-12-2023, 10:35 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

This. Putting my generous hat on and looking from afar, I’d say he was chronically depressed. If so, he shouldn’t be playing. But given the word on the street is that he’s a massive self important #@&%!, my money’s on him simply sulking. Whilst receiving £350k a week for kicking a ball around and playing for supposedly one of the best club’s in the world.

He was best mates with Lingard for a reason. They’re both massive self indulged #@&%!s.

We need to £#%&! him off at the earliest opportunity. Erik is absolutely mental for playing him.

Unread 03-12-2023, 10:58 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
100% agree. Felt Rooney had one too.

Unread 03-12-2023, 11:15 AM
pc6090

Looks like he’s sulking because he didn’t get the “I’m a celebrity get me out of here gig”

Unread 03-12-2023, 11:23 AM
Danoli

There is no chance of selling him because no one will be paid the wages he is on now. However, he can be dropped and hopefully a spell with the stiffs will reinvigorate him.

No player in the club’s history has got away with the lack of form, lack of effort and poor attitude over such a long period of time and not be dropped.

If Ten Hag doesn’t drop him then it’s a dereliction of his duty and he too will then need to be shifted.

Unread 03-12-2023, 11:56 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

This. Putting my generous hat on and looking from afar, I’d say he was chronically depressed. If so, he shouldn’t be playing. But given the word on the street is that he’s a massive self important #@&%!, my money’s on him simply sulking. Whilst receiving £350k a week for kicking a ball around and playing for supposedly one of the best club’s in the world.

He was best mates with Lingard for a reason. They’re both massive self indulged #@&%!s.

We need to £#%&! him off at the earliest opportunity. Erik is absolutely mental for playing him.
Agree with all of that. I think a big part is also self motivation. Earning in excess of a million pounds per week regardless. Unless you absolutely love playing/love the club, what's driving you? I notice he didn't have any trouble putting effort in when his contract was up for negotiation.