United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-01-2013, 11:12 AM
Baron

As mentioned earlier, Pato to Corinthians almost done - £#%&!ing peanuts, quite incredible that a player they turned down £30m+ for just 18 months ago is leaving to go back to Brazil for a third of that now. I know the Brazilian league is getting stronger & they want to shine domestically to get in the World Cup squad but I honestly saw Pato as an elite striker, I'd £#%&!ing sell Rooney for £35m & buy him & a midfielder, he's only 23 ffs

Unread 03-01-2013, 11:15 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
As mentioned earlier, Pato to Corinthians almost done - £#%&!ing peanuts, quite incredible that a player they turned down £30m+ for just 18 months ago is leaving to go back to Brazil for a third of that now. I know the Brazilian league is getting stronger & they want to shine domestically to get in the World Cup squad but I honestly saw Pato as an elite striker, I'd £#%&!ing sell Rooney for £35m & buy him & a midfielder, he's only 23 ffs
has as many bad games as good ones and is perma-injured

Unread 03-01-2013, 11:17 AM
The Watcher

Injuries have ruined Pato

An obscene talent, rediculously gifted player. That performance at the Bernabeu a couple of seasons ago :mmmonkey:

Unread 03-01-2013, 11:21 AM
dragflick

Quote:

Jeeesus BvM, you're normally one of the ones who talk sense on here

There's a reason they're selling him for that much. He's gone shit and he's never fit.

Unread 03-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
has as many bad games as good ones and is perma-injured
Whilst I wouldn't want to put my faith in our medical team to fix him, the fact is he's available for comparative peanuts compared to his talent level. Twice top scored for Milan in his time there, still only 23... van Persie used to be injury prone as well, shocked no one in Europe is jumping all over this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Injuries have ruined Pato

An obscene talent, rediculously gifted player. That performance at the Bernabeu a couple of seasons ago :mmmonkey:
Could still happen for him... he's tended to have muscular issues, thigh & hamstrings. The right training regime etc he could sort it out. Sensational footballer.

Unread 03-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Harri Jaffa

Pato should have been more nurtured when he came over to europe.

ferie would've looked after him fwiw imho

Unread 03-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Jeeesus BvM, you're normally one of the ones who talk sense on here

There's a reason they're selling him for that much. He's gone shit and he's never fit.
Was (only) a touch tongue in cheek tbf... he's a gloriously talented player & at 23 has everything ahead of him. If he was able to sort his fitness he'd be back to being a £30m-40m player. I'll be honest re. Rooney, I think he's on the way downhill with his Hatton-esque lifestyle & inability to trap a football a lot of the time... might take a little while before he actually falls apart but I'm not overly hopeful. Hope I'm badly wrong obviously!

Unread 03-01-2013, 11:35 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Could still happen for him... he's tended to have muscular issues, thigh & hamstrings. The right training regime etc he could sort it out. Sensational footballer.
True, but if the quacks at Milan Lab couldn't fix him, imagine the state he'd be in after a visit to the Carrington abattoir

Unread 03-01-2013, 11:37 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
True, but if the quacks at Milan Lab couldn't fix him, imagine the state he'd be in after a visit to the Carrington abattoir
Milan medical can't see a problem with him they reckon it's all in his head.

Our medical team would go one step further and remove the head. :shakehead:

Unread 03-01-2013, 11:37 AM
guerreiro

File alongside Saviola

Unread 03-01-2013, 11:38 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa

Don Silvio let Pato chuck one up his daughter ffs

Unread 03-01-2013, 11:39 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa

he came for a trial at carrington that never worked out. I can remember SAF saying "I must admit i was a clown to be messin around, but that doesnt mean that u have to leave town"

Unread 03-01-2013, 11:47 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
he came for a trial at carrington that never worked out. I can remember SAF saying "I must admit i was a clown to be messin around, but that doesnt mean that u have to leave town"

Quote:
Don Silvio let Pato chuck one up his daughter ffs
£#%&!ing hell

Unread 03-01-2013, 12:43 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Juve in talks with Llorente. (Good signing that)

Also buying Moussa Sissoko (Not the ex-Liverpool)

Unread 03-01-2013, 12:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Juve in talks with Llorente. (Good signing that)

Also buying Moussa Sissoko (Not the ex-Liverpool)
Sissoko the midfielder? Good job, they're well short in midfield

Agree with BvM on Pato btw, and Rooney to a large extent needs to have a long hard look at himself does our Wayne.

Unread 03-01-2013, 06:44 PM
forwardirektion

Fryers has signed for spurs from liege

Cheeky £#%&!ers

Unread 03-01-2013, 06:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Fryers has signed for spurs from liege

Cheeky £#%&!ers
Thought he had to stay there 2 years?

Unread 03-01-2013, 06:47 PM