United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 01-01-2013, 07:13 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
My New Years resolution was to be more nice.
But £#%&! it, and get £#%&!ed you goofy @#%&!.

Unread 01-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Sloppy

Unread 01-01-2013, 07:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
fancy giggs' form and confidence returning over the last few games, who'd have thought it
After about 18 months of looking pretty shite, you mean??

Unread 01-01-2013, 07:26 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Vidic is on a recovery program where the doc* picks his games.

*not the doc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson

Unread 01-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
After about 18 months of looking pretty shite, you mean??
to people who don't know what the £#%&! they're looking at maybe

Unread 01-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
thanks for clearing that one up

Unread 01-01-2013, 07:32 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
thanks for clearing that one up
you're welcome

Unread 01-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
"We knew we were getting a top player who would make a difference to the team," said Ferguson. "That is why we went for him.

"Robin is a completely rounded footballer. He has great international experience, he's played for Arsenal for seven years and he came to us at the very peak of his career.

"His ability to make and take goals is fantastic.

"His play for his first goal was absolutely magnificent, his turn, his balance, no drawback, just side footed it in. It was a really good goal."

Unread 01-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
RvP: Surrounded by champions

Robin van Persie insists he’s loving life at Old Trafford and believes he’s “surrounded by champions” at Manchester United.
The Dutch striker netted his 18th and 19th goals of the season in the Reds’ 4-0 win at Wigan Athletic on New Year’s Day, a result that helped United maintain a seven-point lead at the top of the Barclays Premier League table.

“This is a special team,” he told MUTV. “Everybody wants to help each other. Everybody's keen for everyone to score. Defenders are working their socks off for the midfielders, the midfielders are working for the strikers... everybody wants to run and everybody has one target in their mind.
“We have to look at it game by game but everybody wants to be champions. I feel that I'm surrounded by champions. They know how to win and that makes it really easy for me.”

Against Wigan, van Persie and Javier Hernandez netted two goals each in a game the Dutchman lit up with a number of sublime touches. Best of all was his first goal – a calm finish after he’d wrongfooted the Latics defence with a breathtaking dummy.
“[Javier and I] scored two goals each and he gave a really good pass for my first goal. It was a good goal because every single touch was the right touch, in my opinion.

“The first one was a little behind me and I had to drag it onto my left foot. That was a good touch. Then I waited for the guy to slide in, had a good touch inside and then a quick finish. Three touches but all good touches.”
Van Persie’s second was rather easier and arrived on a plate for the Dutchman following unselfish work by substitute Danny Welbeck inside the penalty area.

That goal – United’s fourth – capped a ruthless performance by the Reds against a Wigan side that slumped to defeat by the same scoreline at Old Trafford back in September.

“It was a very good performance we scored the goals at the right time,” van Persie said. “We've played Wigan twice this year and won 4-0 both times, so that's good for goal difference.

“Everybody's helping each other and everybody wants to share the goals. Look at the last goal – Danny wanted to give the ball to me so I could score. Everybody's like that. I'm like that, Chicha is like that... everybody wants to share the goals and that, in my opinion, is the way to score heaps of goals.

“Hopefully we can keep it going. We’ve had a couple of games where we've had high scores but we want to score even more goals because that could be vital come the end of the season.”

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Fe...1-A8DEAC96939D

Unread 01-01-2013, 07:51 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligiousRed
You know there are pubs around wigan pol ...... early in reds :shakehead: :cozdog:
Get to £#%&!, that was about quarter to you silly @#%&! About as full as the other stand got that

Good atmosphere today, some top reds there. Few of the usual @#%&!s but still.

"What we love most is kicking a blue" for £#%&!ing ages 2nd half

Unread 01-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

with Hernandez in great touch, Young, Welbeck and Giggs all good options, Nani potentially returning and Kagawa involved again... it'll be interesting to see whether Ferguson still insists on playing Rooney when he's available again. The way things are shaping up (with 52 goals so far) it's possible United won't use Rooney dropping into a 5 as the default in the Vermin and Spurs matches, which would then mean, on merit, Rooney doesn't start...

Unread 01-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Bunker Buster

Top away on Imodium and brandy, darts and bed.......Wigan are an embarrassment.

Unread 01-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
My New Years resolution was to be more nice.
But £#%&! it, and get £#%&!ed you goofy @#%&!.
woooorrrr well nawty geezar. Did you "run them" eh? did you "smash 'em"? did you "take their end"?

get home and tell the kids how daddy just beat up the 5ft 6in assistant manager from argos in wigan. ooooh he's a face. got previous. coooooorrrr

Unread 01-01-2013, 08:54 PM
dragflick

Quote:
woooorrrr well nawty geezar. Did you "run them" eh? did you "smash 'em"? did you "take their end"?

get home and tell the kids how daddy just beat up the 5ft 6in assistant manager from argos in wigan. ooooh he's a face. got previous. coooooorrrr

Unread 01-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Wez

Quote:

Unread 01-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Sparky***

Unread 01-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Wez

Unread 01-01-2013, 09:36 PM
elephantstone

Bumped in to a few fredsters, i love Wigan away.

Unread 01-01-2013, 09:38 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
Bumped in to a few fredsters, i love Wigan away.
my youngest (16) has just got back, slightly tipsy

the pegger is giving him stick, hes £#%&!ed off to bed

Unread 01-01-2013, 09:40 PM
elephantstone

I was home for 5 to 6. Great away day.