United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-03-2022, 02:20 PM
redhegemony

He's out of form and struggling and fans will forgive that but his body language and effort are awful. He genuinely looks like he doesn't want to be on the pitch

Unread 20-03-2022, 04:34 PM
Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
He's on about 100k a week more than salah currently.
I’ve seen this posted about online.

The market has Rashford and Salah both on £10.4m P.a
£200k per week.

Salah wanting to earn the wage of KdB and Ronaldo.
£400-500 k per week.

Unread 20-03-2022, 10:40 PM
92ToBury

Cheeky bid?

Unread 21-03-2022, 07:50 AM
MUFC One Love

The main issue is he just doesn't look bothered.

A player lacking in confidence and out of form is fine but not running or trying is unforgiveable.

Unread 21-03-2022, 08:19 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
The main issue is he just doesn't look bothered.

A player lacking in confidence and out of form is fine but not running or trying is unforgiveable.
Agree. Looks like he's given up (on United at least)

Still no reason to pile on the lad for ghost writing a book to help kids.

Major tall poppy syndrome kicking in. Really hate social media.

Unread 21-03-2022, 09:42 AM
Hyman_Roth

I agree but I guess that’s the danger of building up a social media profile and brand that arguably is disproportionate to your performances. We live in a world in which people knock you down after they’ve built you up. Not all players feel the need to save the world - kevin de bruyne keeps a low profile for example. I’m personally glad Rashford has done what’s he done with child food poverty - it’s a great example of someone using their profile positively - but I’m not sure he needs to continually search for other saintly causes.

Beckham is the obvious comparison of someone who built up a profile that brought with it massive criticism from opposition fans, united fans and Fergie. But he absolutely worked his arse off for the team - if anything, the adversity drove him on. 99, after the wc in 98 when he was getting pelters from all directions was his best ever season for united.

My biggest issue with Rashford is not his loss of form but his £#%&!ing abysmal attitude. It smacks of someone who believes themselves to be utterly entitled and free from scrutiny.

Him and lingard are both acting liked smacked arses because someone has actually had the temerity to call out their sub standard performances. And I’m staggered that they’ve got so little about them that they go down the sulky route rather than ‘get a grip’ route.

I’d be totally up for keeping him if he wasn’t such a smacked arse. He needs to turn it around immediately - even if there’s nothing to play for - the privileged entitled @#%&!.

Unread 21-03-2022, 10:11 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
I agree but I guess that’s the danger of building up a social media profile and brand that arguably is disproportionate to your performances. We live in a world in which people knock you down after they’ve built you up. Not all players feel the need to save the world - kevin de bruyne keeps a low profile for example. I’m personally glad Rashford has done what’s he done with child food poverty - it’s a great example of someone using their profile positively - but I’m not sure he needs to continually search for other saintly causes.

Beckham is the obvious comparison of someone who built up a profile that brought with it massive criticism from opposition fans, united fans and Fergie. But he absolutely worked his arse off for the team - if anything, the adversity drove him on. 99, after the wc in 98 when he was getting pelters from all directions was his best ever season for united.

My biggest issue with Rashford is not his loss of form but his £#%&!ing abysmal attitude. It smacks of someone who believes themselves to be utterly entitled and free from scrutiny.

Him and lingard are both acting liked smacked arses because someone has actually had the temerity to call out their sub standard performances. And I’m staggered that they’ve got so little about them that they go down the sulky route rather than ‘get a grip’ route.

I’d be totally up for keeping him if he wasn’t such a smacked arse. He needs to turn it around immediately - even if there’s nothing to play for - the privileged entitled @#%&!.
Yep. Beckham a very good comparison. Whatever he did off the pitch, he was always humble and hard working on it. Helped that he had a manager and teammates at United who never indulged him and kept him focused.

Unread 21-03-2022, 12:21 PM
AK14

Quote:

Post.

Unread 21-03-2022, 01:54 PM
Sparky***

I think it speaks a lot to the current generation of footballers. Particularly the English ones.

They are mostly shockingly mentally fragile. And not to sound too much like Piers Morgan but it does appear that we’ve raised a generation, particularly those born near the turn of the millennium, who are completely unable to process criticism.

They take to social media the minute they feel even slightly aggrieved, using twitter and Instagram as some sort of psychiatrist sofa. They seem to take absolutely no personal responsibility for their own sporting development, as if it’s the coaches and managers who are supposed to drag them along at every turn.

Unread 21-03-2022, 01:57 PM
Chopper

Quote:

Nail on the head.

Unread 21-03-2022, 02:26 PM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think it speaks a lot to the current generation of footballers. Particularly the English ones.

They are mostly shockingly mentally fragile. And not to sound too much like Piers Morgan but it does appear that we’ve raised a generation, particularly those born near the turn of the millennium, who are completely unable to process criticism.

They take to social media the minute they feel even slightly aggrieved, using twitter and Instagram as some sort of psychiatrist sofa. They seem to take absolutely no personal responsibility for their own sporting development, as if it’s the coaches and managers who are supposed to drag them along at every turn.

Difference being that for previous generations they could avoid a newspaper for a few days or maybe not watch the football highlights programmes and the criticism would be non existant in thier every day lives, getting pelters from your own supporters after a few shit performance would be easily dealt with.

These days the criticism is every where 24/7, if they get abuse on twitter / insta / whatever other socials it must become a real burden sooner or later, get off the internet some might say? well the mainstream media are behaving just like social networks with the clickbait stories and headlines. Its a complete shitshow how football is covered in this day and age.

For now i'm (maybe naively??) hoping Rasford is just going through a bad spell because of pressure and it isnt a bad attitude, Lingard on the other hand can £#%&! right off

Unread 21-03-2022, 03:42 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
For now i'm (maybe naively??) hoping Rasford is just going through a bad spell because of pressure and it isnt a bad attitude
considering he's been dogshit for two years, thats some bad spell

Unread 21-03-2022, 04:22 PM
Joe Biden

This rashford bad spell started when he lost his pace. That's all he had and its never coming back.

He's never been a good footballer. Ever.

Unread 21-03-2022, 06:27 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Yep. Beckham a very good comparison. Whatever he did off the pitch, he was always humble and hard working on it. Helped that he had a manager and teammates at United who never indulged him and kept him focused.
The same manager who was happy to £#%&! him off because he didn't feel he was as focused as he had been.

Unread 25-03-2022, 03:12 PM
AK14

Will be a hit with the kids

My lad will want it nqat.

Unread 25-03-2022, 03:28 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
https://twitter.com/marcusrashford/s...B5DN5tMNfu5vFw

A book he didn't write but has put his name on?

Cool.

Unread 26-03-2022, 02:51 AM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
https://twitter.com/marcusrashford/s...B5DN5tMNfu5vFw

Looks like Simple Jack in that picture

Unread 26-03-2022, 03:47 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
The same manager who was happy to £#%&! him off because he didn't feel he was as focused as he had been.
A lot of selective memory and people forget that he was going through the motions for the last couple of years and was frequently benched as a result.

Shame really, because his attitude was exemplary before it all changed after that silly bint came along.

Unread 27-03-2022, 11:05 AM
Pop

Might be off to Arsenal if todays rags are to be believed.

How are they under Arteta? Still a club full of fannies or what.

Unread 27-03-2022, 11:16 AM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Might be off to Arsenal if todays rags are to be believed.

How are they under Arteta? Still a club full of fannies or what.
decent side now from being awful at the start of the season. far better than us. seen em quite a bit as its only 20 mins walk from my gaff
Closed Thread