Unread 14-12-2019, 04:56 PM
dunk

Leicester

Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Chelsea lose, Villa set to lose.
Frank Lampard's Chelsea losing is a surprise since he invented young players.

My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Chelsea lose, Villa set to lose.
We can move to 2 points of Chelsea tomorrow ffs.

if it weren't for 2 silly results we could be 4th ffs.

Top 4 is ON.

Unread 14-12-2019, 04:58 PM
David Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath

Top 2 is ON.
Corrected

Unread 14-12-2019, 04:58 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Top 4 is ON.
Some of us said this months back...

#BITMAS

Unread 14-12-2019, 05:01 PM
puressence

Be runners up this season not
Ideal but ole leading us forward

Unread 14-12-2019, 05:05 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Be runners up this season not
Ideal but ole leading us forward
"Relegation Form" apparently......

Unread 14-12-2019, 05:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Leicester
Done and done.

Unread 14-12-2019, 05:18 PM
David Crank

Is it weird that it softens the blow that everything they're winning is a formality? No 95th minute winners to win the league on on goal difference.

Unread 14-12-2019, 05:26 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Brent
Is it weird that it softens the blow that everything they're winning is a formality? No 95th minute winners to win the league on on goal difference.

This is as of nothing compared to a head-to-head neck-and-neck title race with City. 2012 was my Vietnam. I知 forever changed. People crying over Liverpool getting a title is just posturing IMHO. I won稚 be arsed at all

TWICI we値l knock them out of the FA Cup to protect the treble; we値l come third; fighting on all fronts next year.

Unread 14-12-2019, 05:38 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers

This is as of nothing compared to a head-to-head neck-and-neck title race with City. 2012 was my Vietnam. I知 forever changed. People crying over Liverpool getting a title is just posturing IMHO. I won稚 be arsed at all

TWICI we値l knock them out of the FA Cup to protect the treble; we値l come third; fighting on all fronts next year.
Great call.

Not excitement in the title, it's going to be horrific but it was always going to happen again one day and this is the least grim way.

Imagine them pipping us in a snide title race?

No - as long as they don't do the treble and we beat them like in 77 in FA Cup final.

Bunks making an early play for sagedom 2020 - you were right.

A good signing in Jan could give us a right boost too.

Unread 14-12-2019, 05:43 PM
David Crank

Quote:
Imagine them pipping us in a snide title race?
That's next season

Unread 14-12-2019, 06:14 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers

definitely. we've put up with a lot of shit these past few years, both with watching us regress as a team, and then seeing city and liverpool winning things and becoming the top two teams in the country.

but nothing, NOTHING, will ever be as bad as that afternoon in may 2012. even during the moyes season, with all the many horrendous results, there was never a point i felt as low as i did that day. "i swear you'll never see anything like this ever again" said martin tyler, well i hope he's right because it was f***ing gut wrenching.

i've accepted it's liverpool's title this season. i wish it wasn't, and i'm not looking forward to the constant fawning over it, but as long as it's a one off i think we'll be fine. we've already seen them winning the cl. all about united on our way back.

Unread 14-12-2019, 06:17 PM
David Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
as long as it's a one off i think we'll be fine
Guess you haven't heard Klopp's there until at least 2024.

Unread 14-12-2019, 07:19 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Imagine
"......no possessions?"

Unread 14-12-2019, 09:29 PM
utd99

Quote:
Guess you haven't heard Klopp's there until at least 2024.
Signed a contract 奏il 2024. Means very little.

Unread 14-12-2019, 10:42 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
definitely. we've put up with a lot of shit these past few years, both with watching us regress as a team, and then seeing city and liverpool winning things and becoming the top two teams in the country.

but nothing, NOTHING, will ever be as bad as that afternoon in may 2012. even during the moyes season, with all the many horrendous results, there was never a point i felt as low as i did that day. "i swear you'll never see anything like this ever again" said martin tyler, well i hope he's right because it was 」#%&!ing gut wrenching.

i've accepted it's liverpool's title this season. i wish it wasn't, and i'm not looking forward to the constant fawning over it, but as long as it's a one off i think we'll be fine. we've already seen them winning the cl. all about united on our way back.
Pretty much how I see it too. 2014 was almost having me in cold sweat as they homed in on it and last year I was bricking a bit too. This year I expected them to win it and the massive lead has made me way less arsed.

Obviously they値l be ecstatic to finally win the league again but having no title race makes for a damp squib (relatively speaking). They値l likely win it 6-7 games early at this rate.
Closed Thread