United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-11-2019, 09:15 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Are you suggesting 9 goals in the last 10 games isn't very good?
8 in our last 4

Unread 09-11-2019, 09:16 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
8 in our last 4
I was talking about league games pal

Unread 09-11-2019, 09:18 PM
Singy211291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Are you taking the piss?
Not in the slightest. We are still used to and expect us to be shipping 3/4 goals a game. Reality is we dont have the goal scoring prowess we once had. BUT, we do have the potential to once again have that.

Tell me how you dont see Rashford, Martial, Greenwood forming a very good partnership? Ones 18, ones 21 and then others 23, plenty of time to gel and form chemistry.

Unread 09-11-2019, 09:19 PM
Ethers

Quote:
I was talking about league games pal
Which is fair enough.

I think there’s been enough signs in recent games though to suggest that our very poor goal scoring return in the league was a bit of an anomaly. We’re not great, but we’re not that bad either

Unread 09-11-2019, 09:20 PM
Coracao

Quote:
8 in our last 4
Decent stat if we are including teams like Partizan who would probably struggle to stay up in the championship and Norwich who will likely go down, being bottom. PL stat is obviously a more realistic estimate of our adequacy. I.E. £#%&!ing woeful.

Unread 09-11-2019, 09:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Which is fair enough.

I think there’s been enough signs in recent games though to suggest that our very poor goal scoring return in the league was a bit of an anomaly. We’re not great, but we’re not that bad either
We don't have a good enough squad to miss Martial AND Pogba for 2 months. It's killed us.

We're now asking boys to do men's jobs, and it shows.

Promising signs midweek though

Unread 09-11-2019, 09:22 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singy211291
Not in the slightest. We are still used to and expect us to be shipping 3/4 goals a game. Reality is we dont have the goal scoring prowess we once had. BUT, we do have the potential to once again have that.

Tell me how you dont see Rashford, Martial, Greenwood forming a very good partnership? Ones 18, ones 21 and then others 23, plenty of time to gel and form chemistry.
I only see Greenwood as being a long-term answer.

I have seen saying for the last 2 years we need a top centre forward. In fact, we need a new front 3.

Unread 09-11-2019, 09:22 PM
Singy211291

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He played the game. He knows the game. And he says Maguire can play. "He can play, the boy" he said iirc. And Jamie would know.
He did and will obviously have a better insight than the majority of us, but that is a statement from one football to another, professional comment. Hes not gonna come out and say hes shit and comment like we all are. Hes not arsed at the end of the day, doesn't bother him if we play shit and he turns out garbage lol.

Also sounds like a comment straight from geezer Harry himself Haha. We will see

Unread 09-11-2019, 09:24 PM
red in cumbria

He is better than what we had before, which given some of our recent signings is a good argument for him in itself.

Unread 09-11-2019, 09:25 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Decent stat if we are including teams like Partizan who would probably struggle to stay up in the championship and Norwich who will likely go down, being bottom. PL stat is obviously a more realistic estimate of our adequacy. I.E. £#%&!ing woeful.
I think it’s somewhere between the two tbh. 20ish goals between Rashford, Martial, James and Greenwood at the beginning of November isn’t utterly horrific tbf and suggests there is promise there.

Unread 09-11-2019, 09:25 PM
Soviet

Quote:

I dont agree. We've conceded 9 goals in 17 games, in all competitions (after a quick look at our results, correct me if im wrong).

Our midfield and attack is lacking.

Unread 09-11-2019, 09:26 PM
Singy211291

Quote:
We don't have a good enough squad to miss Martial AND Pogba for 2 months. It's killed us.

We're now asking boys to do men's jobs, and it shows.

Promising signs midweek though
We deffo missed Martial and Pogba. For all the stick Pogba has been given, its just proved without him have zero creativity

Unread 09-11-2019, 09:26 PM
Coracao

Quote:
I think it’s somewhere between the two tbh. 20ish goals between Rashford, Martial, James and Greenwood at the beginning of November isn’t utterly horrific tbf and suggests there is promise there.
We have scored 13 goals in 11 league games.

You can dress it up and defend it is as much as you want, that is £#%&!ing nowhere near good enough.

Unread 09-11-2019, 09:28 PM
Ethers

Quote:
We have scored 13 goals in 11 league games.

You can dress it up and defend it is as much as you want, that is £#%&!ing nowhere near good enough.
Course it isn’t, not going to deny that. Pretty confident that we won’t be looking at that kind of return after 38 games though

Unread 09-11-2019, 09:29 PM
Singy211291

Quote:
I only see Greenwood as being a long-term answer.

I have seen saying for the last 2 years we need a top centre forward. In fact, we need a new front 3.
Where would they go and get the game time they are here? And also improve their chances of trophies?

Any big teams and they would either be part players or shipped after the first season if they dont deliver.

Look at Hazard and Coutinho for example. One doing awful and the other sold in probably record time 😂

Unread 09-11-2019, 09:29 PM
Tiberian

Can we attempt to play higher up the pitch with Maguire at CB? Does his lack of pace and bus like turning not limit the defensive set ups he can be successful in? Is there any proof he makes a team stronger defensively?

Unread 09-11-2019, 09:30 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Course it isn’t, not going to deny that. Pretty confident that we won’t be looking at that kind of return after 38 games though
You were pretty confident Martial and Rashford would score plenty of goals in the league too IIRC, or at least our forwards outscoring what we did last season...

Won't be holding my breath personally

Quote:
Where would they go and get the game time they are here? And also improve their chances of trophies?

Any big teams and they would either be part players or shipped after the first season if they dont deliver.

Look at Hazard and Coutinho for example. One doing awful and the other sold in probably record time 😂
What are you going on about? They get 'game time' here as we have £#%&!ing zero options and absolutely nobody near world class ability as an attacker, which is criminal for a club like United.

Unread 09-11-2019, 09:33 PM
Singy211291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
I dont agree. We've conceded 9 goals in 17 games, in all competitions (after a quick look at our results, correct me if im wrong).

Our midfield and attack is lacking.
Midfield is lacking only In creativity i think.
Attack is lacking In goals which is largely down to the lack of chances being presented to them. How many times have we scored with only a few chances? I'm sure the conversion rate to chances created is decent.

Unread 09-11-2019, 09:36 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Midfield is lacking only In creativity i think.
Attack is lacking In goals which is largely down to the lack of chances being presented to them. How many times have we scored with only a few chances? I'm sure the conversion rate to chances created is decent.
It is a complete misnomer. Your strikers are also responsible for chances created by making the correct runs and their all round ability on the ball. How many times has a ball gone across the face of the goal and our strikers are in £#%&!ing la-la land. No chance - yet a striker with nous gets a goal.

Stop paying attention to stats and concentrate on the actual play.

Unread 09-11-2019, 09:37 PM
Red Santos

Martial and Rashford will be lucky to get anywhere 20 goals.

Post Fergie we've been £#%&!ing shit going forward creating chances. That aint gonna change this season

13 goals in 11 games says it all. In fact we've got worse every year
Closed Thread