United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-03-2020, 01:50 PM
Switching Off

The @#%&! has penned an OPEN LETTER

Quote:
I don’t think this is a moment where the thoughts of a football manager should be important, but I understand for our supporters they will want to hear from the team and I will front that.

First and foremost, all of us have to do whatever we can to protect one another. In society I mean. This should be the case all the time in life, but in this moment I think it matters more than ever.

I’ve said before that football always seems the most important of the least important things. Today, football and football matches really aren’t important at all.

Of course, we don’t want to play in front of an empty stadium and we don’t want games or competitions suspended, but if doing so helps one individual stay healthy - just one - we do it no questions asked.

If it’s a choice between football and the good of the wider society, it’s no contest. Really, it isn’t.

Today’s decision and announcement is being implemented with the motive of keeping people safe. Because of that we support it completely. We have seen members of teams we compete against become ill. This virus has shown that being involved in football offers no immunity. To our rival clubs and individuals who are affected and to those who later will become so, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

None of us know in this moment what the final outcome will be, but as a team we have to have belief that the authorities make decisions based on sound judgement and morality.

Yes, I am the manager of this team and club and therefore carry a leadership responsibility with regards to our future on the pitch. But I think in the present moment, with so many people around our city, the region, the country and the world facing anxiety and uncertainty, it would be entirely wrong to speak about anything other than advising people to follow expert advice and look after themselves and each other.

The message from the team to our supporters is only about your well-being. Put your health first. Don’t take any risk. Think about the vulnerable in our society and act where possible with compassion for them.

Please look after yourselves and look out for each other.

You’ll Never Walk Alone,
Jürgen

Unread 13-03-2020, 01:55 PM
AK14

Quote:
None of us know in this moment what the final outcome will be, but as a team we have to have belief that the authorities make decisions based on sound judgement and morality.
What a massive @#%&!..

Football doesn’t matter, but they’d better be fair and give us the league championship after all this blows over.

#@&%!.

Unread 13-03-2020, 01:55 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

Quote:
This virus has shown that being involved in football offers no immunity
What a bizarre thing to say

Unread 13-03-2020, 01:58 PM
dunk

'Thoughts and Prayers'

Just £#%&! off.

Unread 13-03-2020, 01:58 PM
shenwen

Liverpool
Morality League Champions 2019/2020

I can live with that

Unread 13-03-2020, 02:07 PM
Ethers

Jesus Christ, I thought it was a wum

What an absolute freak.

Making out line he’s been forced to do it because everyone was desperate to hear what he had to say on the matter

Bizarre bloke

Unread 13-03-2020, 02:15 PM
My Name is Keith

‘Yes (dramatic pause), I am the manager of this team and club..’

Unread 13-03-2020, 02:18 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

Must spread etc

Unread 13-03-2020, 02:23 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

Unread 13-03-2020, 02:26 PM
75Red

Quote:
The c*** has penned an OPEN LETTER

He totally gets them, laaaa

Unread 13-03-2020, 02:29 PM
Pop

Quote:

Couldn't finish that, wasn't able to see the monitor through the floods of tears. What a man, a man of class, dignity and above all humbleness. Jurgen will NEVER walk alone. JFT96.

Unread 13-03-2020, 02:35 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
The c*** has penned an OPEN LETTER

Unread 13-03-2020, 02:38 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:

Doesnt that go against everything Bill Shankly said that "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Jurgen the bastard has caused Bob Paisley to spin in his Standard Chartered sponsored grave. The fat @#%&!.

Unread 13-03-2020, 02:40 PM
goldfinger II

He's a very sick boy, IMO. So £#%&!ing fake.

Unread 13-03-2020, 02:45 PM
Cream

Quote:

'Put your £#%&!ing hands away!! Are you £#%&!ing stupid?'

Unread 13-03-2020, 02:53 PM
Dr Stranger

That is embarrassing even for them.

Doesn't it just sum them up though?

Boring, waffling, sanctimonious, grandstanding £#%&!ers. We'll take the moral high ground and we'll also kick off if we don't get our's.

Robert Webb says something in Peepshow about Justice like

"There. Justice is served. Well, not really justice, but what I wanted to happen, which is basically the same thing".

Most clubs have released a succinct statement with no subtext or suggestion of anything other than 'we accept this. See you soon'.

Of course, they are different. They are special.

Honestly, if the league is abandoned..... with liverpool 84 points clear, going after their first title in 30 years...... but then deadly virus swoops in and wipes out football conveniently until August, it would, hands down, be the funniest £#%&!ing thing to ever happen. Ever.

Unread 13-03-2020, 02:55 PM
ZiggyStardust

The chants next season if this season is voided

Unread 13-03-2020, 03:08 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
That is embarrassing even for them.

Doesn't it just sum them up though?

Boring, waffling, sanctimonious, grandstanding £#%&!ers. We'll take the moral high ground and we'll also kick off if we don't get our's.

Robert Webb says something in Peepshow about Justice like

"There. Justice is served. Well, not really justice, but what I wanted to happen, which is basically the same thing".

Most clubs have released a succinct statement with no subtext or suggestion of anything other than 'we accept this. See you soon'.

Of course, they are different. They are special.

Honestly, if the league is abandoned..... with liverpool 84 points clear, going after their first title in 30 years...... but then deadly virus swoops in and wipes out football conveniently until August, it would, hands down, be the funniest £#%&!ing thing to ever happen. Ever.
It's the fact their fans both want and need to hear from him which feeds it, I couldn't give a flying £#%&! what Ole thinks about a global pandemic any more than I care what Sonya from Eastenders thinks about a fiscal stimulus package but their demented fanbase hangs off his every word like the evangelicals they are. Immortalising shit, throwaway phrases like "mentality monster" on flags, 'roundtable' discussions etc.

The longer this suspension goes on the more damage it will do to them, even if they end up winning it they will have been robbed of the opportunity to ram it down everyones throats which is why they obsess with trophies and records, it's a platform to moralise and lecture.

Unread 13-03-2020, 03:18 PM
goldfinger II

Quite like the idea, if they must win it, of doing so in an empty stadium, though.

It would ruin the pictures. They'd have to postpone the parade too.

Unread 13-03-2020, 03:27 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
It's the fact their fans both want and need to hear from him which feeds it, I couldn't give a flying £#%&! what Ole thinks about a global pandemic any more than I care what Sonya from Eastenders thinks about a fiscal stimulus package but their demented fanbase hangs off his every word like the evangelicals they are. Immortalising shit, throwaway phrases like "mentality monster" on flags, 'roundtable' discussions etc.

The longer this suspension goes on the more damage it will do to them, even if they end up winning it they will have been robbed of the opportunity to ram it down everyones throats which is why they obsess with trophies and records, it's a platform to moralise and lecture.
TBF if they aren't told at least once a week they might start thinking they have to walk alone.
Closed Thread