United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-03-2019, 03:24 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
He has had some off the field issues for both club and country. Spent time at City as a youth player and ended up at PSG. Now wants out for another payday. Swerve the @#%&!.
Didn't I read here the other week that he got priced out of a move to Barcelona by his own agent and he was pissed off because of it (rightly so). Just saying it might be less him and more his agent.

Unread 08-03-2019, 03:26 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Didn't I read here the other week that he got priced out of a move to Barcelona by his own agent and he was pissed off because of it (rightly so). Just saying it might be less him and more his agent.
His agent was his mum

Unread 08-03-2019, 03:29 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
His agent was his mum
Didnt know that, even less sure what to think now. Funny though.

Unread 08-03-2019, 03:29 PM
TreeFiddy

Exactly. Don’t need any little bitch midfielders with mummy issues.

Unread 08-03-2019, 03:33 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Exactly. Don’t need any little bitch midfielders with mummy issues.
Didn’t do Ronny any harm tbf

Unread 08-03-2019, 03:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
His agent was his mum
Sacked her though

Christmas dinner will be ace this year.

Unread 08-03-2019, 03:38 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Didn’t do Ronny any harm tbf

Unread 08-03-2019, 03:38 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Sacked her though

Christmas dinner will be ace this year.
£#%&! me the plot thickens. If he'd sack his own mum to play for a club with real history then I'm all for it

Unread 08-03-2019, 03:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
£#%&! me the plot thickens. If he'd sack his own mum to play for a club with real history then I'm all for it
Saw his arse because she priced him out of Barca and they bought de Jong instead

How much was she asking that dropping £70m on a fee as well as wages was the better option?

Unread 08-03-2019, 04:00 PM
S/Side.Red

As good as Sancho is, signing him probably blocks the likes of Greenwood.

I’d rather give Greenwood, Chong more chances and focus on a couple of top midfielders as the big priority.

Unread 08-03-2019, 04:12 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

I’d rather give Greenwood, Chong more chances and focus on a couple of top midfielders as the big priority.
Maybe Greenwood or Chong won't end up as good as him but... it's exactly what we mock the berts for, the likes of Sancho getting away because the door to the first team is closed. It's a principle we need to stick by.

Unread 08-03-2019, 04:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Maybe Greenwood or Chong won't end up as good as him but... it's exactly what we mock the berts for, the likes of Sancho getting away because the door to the first team is closed. It's a principle we need to stick by.
Yeah. It’s the age profile of the players we already have too. If we are set up with Martial, Rashy and Pogba already and then add Sancho, you have kinda built the front end of the side and there’s not too much scope for a youngster feeling they’ll force their way in. Perhaps the Douglas Costa type links make more sense.

We also don’t know if we will be able to bin Sanchez yet.

Unread 08-03-2019, 04:31 PM
dunk

Sancho isn't going anywhere this summer anyway, so it's moot.

Still think we need another forward, realistically we need at least 2 options in each role, as we've seen, that isn't currently the case. Lose Martial or Rashford for a period of time and it all looks a bit blunt and pedestrian.

Signing Poborsky didn't stunt Beckham's progression. If the kids are good enough eventually they'll force us to make room for them. As Rashford did.

Unread 08-03-2019, 04:31 PM
AK14

Quote:

Does it

Nothing wrong with having a group of young attackers competing for places tbh. He looks further ahead in his development than what Chong does.

Sell Mata and have Lingard + Sancho competing for a RW place with Chong getting games too.

Unread 08-03-2019, 04:36 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Sancho isn't going anywhere this summer anyway, so it's moot.

Still think we need another forward, realistically we need at least 2 options in each role, as we've seen, that isn't currently the case. Lose Martial or Rashford for a period of time and it all looks a bit blunt and pedestrian.

Signing Poborsky didn't stunt Beckham's progression. If the kids are good enough eventually they'll force us to make room for them. As Rashford did.
Sancho is not Poborsky. He’d cost £100m and you’re buying him as a kid you build the team with. Rashford found a set-up where there were gaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Does it

Nothing wrong with having a group of young attackers competing for places tbh. He looks further ahead in his development than what Chong does.

Sell Mata and have Lingard + Sancho competing for a RW place with Chong getting games too.
If you believe Greenwood is special, how does he fit into a side with Pogba, Rashford, Martial and Sancho? It’s great to just stockpile talent but we need to try and build a team.

I’d rather go all out for De Ligt, Neves and maybe a João Felix type.

Unread 08-03-2019, 04:56 PM
dunk

Poborsky was 24/25 and one of the stand out players at the Euro's and cost a few quid at the time. He wasn't purchased to play 2nd fiddle to Beckham was he..?

Agree on the midfield btw.

City have proven you can't have too much young attacking talent though. [SIZE="1"](Don't cite Sancho you bastard)

Unread 08-03-2019, 05:00 PM
andyroo

Sancho?

Unread 08-03-2019, 05:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Poborsky was 24/25 and one of the stand out players at the Euro's and cost a few quid at the time. He wasn't purchased to play 2nd fiddle to Beckham was he..?

Agree on the midfield btw.

City have proven you can't have too much young attacking talent though. [SIZE="1"](Don't cite Sancho you bastard)
Poborsky was signed from Czech football after a good Euros. Is it the same as signing Sancho for £100m?

But it’s true City stockpiling meant Sancho didn’t feel he had a way through. Don’t get me wrong I’ve been thinking should get him, but seeing the trust Ole has in Chong and the sense that Greenwood is something special, maybe it’s better to back those lads.

If we signed a player like Douglas Costa (or Tadic ) and looked to bring Greenwood on, we perhaps have sufficient attacking talent.

Unread 08-03-2019, 05:06 PM
AK14

Quote:
Sancho is not Poborsky. He’d cost £100m and you’re buying him as a kid you build the team with. Rashford found a set-up where there were gaps.

If you believe Greenwood is special, how does he fit into a side with Pogba, Rashford, Martial and Sancho? It’s great to just stockpile talent but we need to try and build a team.

I’d rather go all out for De Ligt, Neves and maybe a João Felix type.
He’s just turned 17

He can play behind Rashford and Lukaku (in the rotation) while also playing the odd game out wide. If he’s good enough he’d get plenty of games for his age.

Quote:
If we signed a player like Douglas Costa (or Tadic ) and looked to bring Greenwood on, we perhaps have sufficient attacking talent.
I thought we were against signing older players from now on

Unread 08-03-2019, 05:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
He’s just turned 17

He can play behind Rashford and Lukaku (in the rotation) while also playing the odd game out wide. If he’s good enough he’d get plenty of games for his age.

I thought we were against signing older players from now on
Did you?

Re the above, if you have a prodigiously gifted 17 year old, you maybe think twice about signing a prodigiously gifted 18 year old who would occupy similar status or roles in the side. We have Rashford and Martial for the frontline. If you believe in Greenwood then Sancho is a less of a priority.

...............................De Gea......................
Dalot..............De Ligt...Lindelof......Shaw
...............................Neves.............. ...........
...................J Felix/Jesse.....Pogba............
Costa/Rashford/Greenwood/Rom/Martial

Options would be interesting. Perhaps keep Juanito around for cameos.

If Sancho signs I wouldn't be distraught btw
Closed Thread