Closed Thread

Unread 16-12-2019, 08:13 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
any

Unread 16-12-2019, 09:20 AM
Cream

Put a shift in. Think he needs a run of goals and players will start looking for him more? Maybe we just don;t have enough quality service and/or maybe his movement isn't up to par. I dunno.

Unread 16-12-2019, 01:33 PM
redredemption77

As good as Rashford has been, Ole comparing him to Ronaldo clearly had an impact- demonstrated frustratingly by Rashfords shoot on sight policy yesterday and consequently Martials performance too. Hope it hasnt gone to his head. Still a young kid so to be expected with those sorts of comparisons.

Rashers didnt seem as interested in linking up with Martial as much as hammering the ball into the top corner from any angle.

Notwithstanding Martial not giving him many opportunites but there were a couple of times he should have played him in early and didnt.

Hopefully rectified and soon.

Also- and mainly- the linkup from Lingard to any of the front three was atrocious.

Feed the Marsh

Unread 16-12-2019, 01:43 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by redredemption77
Feed the Marsh
straight into a wood chipper. Lazy moody £#%&!ing turd we cant afford to be carrying when he cant be arsed.

In the £#%&!ing bin

Unread 16-12-2019, 01:50 PM
Cream

Quote:
As good as Rashford has been, Ole comparing him to Ronaldo clearly had an impact- demonstrated frustratingly by Rashfords shoot on sight policy yesterday and consequently Martials performance too. Hope it hasnt gone to his head. Still a young kid so to be expected with those sorts of comparisons.

Rashers didnt seem as interested in linking up with Martial as much as hammering the ball into the top corner from any angle.

Notwithstanding Martial not giving him many opportunites but there were a couple of times he should have played him in early and didnt.

Also- and mainly- the linkup from Lingard to any of the front three was atrocious.

Feed the Marsh
Whilst Ears' talks a lot of sense, I am minded to agree with you that we need to work better at linking up with the number 9.

Rashford and Lukaku had a good understanding. Maybe Martial is partly to blame through his movement. He was almost found a couple of times by the likes of James, and it is down to the finest of margins at times.

I did like the way we were smashing the ball in to forwards at speed and trying some very quick and fluid passing moves. But you're asking a hell of a lot for them to come off more than 50% of the time. It's Barca 2010 level stuff.

Unread 16-12-2019, 02:17 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

Feed the Marsh
Agree 100%. I thought that when he tried shooting from 25 yards, from the left, with the inside of high foot. Ronaldo-esque but nowhere near technically gifted to do that yet.

Willing to let it slide, however.

Unread 22-12-2019, 05:01 PM
red in cumbria

At his absolute wasteful worst today.

Unread 22-12-2019, 05:17 PM
Sparky***

Another one who we play as a centre forward who isn't a centre forward and is absolute garbage at doing things that should be bread and butter for a top striker.

both him and rashford look miles better coming in from wide areas.

Unread 22-12-2019, 05:24 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Another one who we play as a centre forward who isn't a centre forward and is absolute garbage at doing things that should be bread and butter for a top striker.

both him and rashford look miles better coming in from wide areas.
He'd be better off in Lingard's position.

As would you.

Unread 22-12-2019, 05:35 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
He'd be better off in Lingard's position.

As would you.
We talking beginning or end of the game?

Unread 22-12-2019, 06:28 PM
Vedder

Can’t stand him. He’s utter turd. I’d Swap him for Shane Long

Unread 22-12-2019, 06:29 PM
utd99

Will never, ever, ever be a long term solution for us.

Unread 22-12-2019, 06:30 PM
BoJosRedArmy

Best player on the pitch once pogba entered the game.

Unread 22-12-2019, 06:40 PM
Red Santos

Unreliable. Terrible body language.

I dont think he's all there tbh

Unread 22-12-2019, 07:25 PM
Coracao

I don't think I have seen a lazier player once they lose the ball. Has he ever made an effort to win it back?

Unread 22-12-2019, 07:30 PM
Sparky***

Compare him with that porcelain toothed bastard Firminho who plays for Liverpool and you'll see the total difference. Martial isn't a centre forward as long as he's got a hole in his arse, neither is rashford.

Unread 22-12-2019, 07:39 PM
AK14

Not good enough.

Very much doubt he’ll ever be good enough.

We gave him a 250k a week bumper contract not so long ago.

Unread 22-12-2019, 08:19 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I don't think I have seen a lazier player once they lose the ball. Has he ever made an effort to win it back?
Apparently he’s just languid mate. Some players just look that way....apparently.

Unread 22-12-2019, 08:28 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Apparently he’s just languid mate. Some players just look that way....apparently.
'Smoothness' I believe someone said.

Unread 22-12-2019, 10:04 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
'Smoothness' I believe someone said.

That had to be Siders
Closed Thread