United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 12-03-2013, 02:49 AM
Barcabal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
I think we were good in the 1st half. Despite scoring United hadn't really got going in the 2nd when the red card came. Thanks to the referee we'll never know now whether we could've soaked it up and hit them for a 2nd, or whether they'd have forced us to open up by equalising. The equaliser looked the most likely scenario to me though at that stage.
You bloody bastard! You know we we were doing it until the decision. fraggestein had got it right.

An equalizer against ten men, with one of the greatest ever lived against us, was £#%&!ing nay on impossible to prevent with the team he selected.

I disagree with that, we were still attacking aggressively and being dangerous from the start of the second half. They had to come to us and we attacked well.

Unread 12-03-2013, 09:19 AM
Zorg

Quote:
just before the sending off there's a stat on the ITV coverage that says Real had had 68% of 2nd half possession and 64% overall
I saw that, but it was pretty meaningless - most of that possession was on the halfway line, as United were doing a brilliant job of forcing them back. It shows how overstated the importance of possession percentages alone can be. Real repeatedly tried to find inroads going forward, only to be gradually pushed all the way back, and United were happy to let that carry on. There is simply no need to go haring after the ball in those circumstances. It was all under control, but it was very finely balanced so the red card sent the entire plan down the toilet and I agree with those saying the reaction to it should have been better.

Unread 12-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Mr Castro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I saw that, but it was pretty meaningless - most of that possession was on the halfway line, as United were doing a brilliant job of forcing them back. It shows how overstated the importance of possession percentages alone can be. Real repeatedly tried to find inroads going forward, only to be gradually pushed all the way back, and United were happy to let that carry on. There is simply no need to go haring after the ball in those circumstances. It was all under control, but it was very finely balanced so the red card sent the entire plan down the toilet and I agree with those saying the reaction to it should have been better.
This. The possession Real had wasn't damaging to us.

Unread 12-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
extremely well put sir

Unread 12-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
All very true sort of - from our point of view we were in control of what we wanted to do

From their point of view they were doing what they needed to do as well, namely keep the ball and probe away for an equaliser whilst guarding against the counter

The Higuain ball across the box was clearly a set move they'd worked on and it brought the winner as well

I don't think we were as well set as we were in the Barcelona game tbh, but yeah no question that the referee wrecked what was a top class knife-edge head-to-head

Given another 10 minutes at 1-0 the game would have completely opened up for us and then we could have seen something spectacular from United on the counter (which btw is often when we turn the ball over sloppily and are at our most vulnerable) - the ref wrecked the match, but I'm not sure he definitely changed the outcome is all.

I would still put the Scholes disallowed goal in 2004 high up on a hill of shit decisions that have £#%&!ed United over in Europe - but that @#%&! the other night, the @#%&! who singled out Rafael, that Rothlisburger cheat and the Barca paid refs in the 94/95 CL group are right up there as well.

Unread 12-03-2013, 02:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
All very true sort of - from our point of view we were in control of what we wanted to do

From their point of view they were doing what they needed to do as well, namely keep the ball and probe away for an equaliser whilst guarding against the counter

The Higuain ball across the box was clearly a set move they'd worked on and it brought the winner as well

I don't think we were as well set as we were in the Barcelona game tbh, but yeah no question that the referee wrecked what was a top class knife-edge head-to-head

Given another 10 minutes at 1-0 the game would have completely opened up for us and then we could have seen something spectacular from United on the counter (which btw is often when we turn the ball over sloppily and are at our most vulnerable) - the ref wrecked the match, but I'm not sure he definitely changed the outcome is all.

I would still put the Scholes disallowed goal in 2004 high up on a hill of shit decisions that have £#%&!ed United over in Europe - but that @#%&! the other night, the @#%&! who singled out Rafael, that Rothlisburger cheat and the Barca paid refs in the 94/95 CL group are right up there as well.
Higuain being moved to the right at H/T is something we never quite got to grips with tbh.

Unread 12-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Mr Castro

Rio will face no action from the FA after bitch slapping Torres.

I think he did that anyway.

Unread 12-03-2013, 05:56 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Castro
Rio will face no action from the FA after bitch slapping Torres.

I think he did that anyway.
I don't remember that but glad he did it

Unread 12-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
I don't remember that but glad he did it

As if that was enough to make Torres go crashing to the ground ffs

Unread 12-03-2013, 06:39 PM
£#%&! KFC

loved the way Rio grabbed the ladyboy @#%&!o off the deck as well

been fantastic for us this season Rio hope he signs a new deal

Unread 12-03-2013, 08:00 PM
red in cumbria

So the media shit-stirring failed on this occasion - 2C

Unread 13-03-2013, 06:11 AM
Stickman

Quote:

Looked like a pulled shot to me for the goal.

Unread 13-03-2013, 06:24 AM
Stickman

Quote:

Unread 13-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
It was.

Higuain is shite.