United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 20-12-2020, 08:01 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer
3 assist and won a pen.

Some disturbed individuals in this thread.

Thankfully ole picks the team not you guys.
Turned on Pogba pal?

Welcome.

Unread 20-12-2020, 08:01 PM
Danoli

He played really well today

Unread 20-12-2020, 08:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
if he was late 30s we'd be calling for him to retire.
Most outfield players do by that age

(or am I being whooshed here?)

Unread 21-12-2020, 04:49 AM
shenwen

One of his best games for a while. Did very well with the ball. Lots of running Should have bagged at least one though.

Did I notice a bit of a sulk when he got pushed to the wing?

Unread 21-12-2020, 06:44 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
One of his best games for a while. Did very well with the ball. Lots of running Should have bagged at least one though.

Did I notice a bit of a sulk when he got pushed to the wing?
I've never been totally convinced by him but his attitude and energy this week has been top notch .Finishing could have been better but if he applies himself like today then his confidence grows and with it the goals

Honestly didn't notice the scowls and thought he was actually smiling too much

Unread 21-12-2020, 10:55 AM
NedKelly

Top reds have always backed big Tone.

Unread 21-12-2020, 11:02 AM
Vedder

His overall game was good tbf but he misses so many chances, didn’t cost us yesterday but it will going forward. Let’s give Greenwood a run of games upfront or Cavani

Unread 21-12-2020, 11:13 AM
Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
His overall game was good tbf but he misses so many chances, didn’t cost us yesterday but it will going forward. Let’s give Greenwood a run of games upfront or Cavani
Did you see cavani when he come on

Unread 21-12-2020, 11:21 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Cavani is lacking game time and therefore sharpness. Think he will play

Williams axel Bailey telles
Pogba matic
Mata vdb greenwood
Cavani

In the carabao cup, that’s still a decent team too . Hope he doesn’t play full strength . Focus on the league

Unread 21-12-2020, 11:30 AM
Bunker Buster

Love the guy, but he's never a #9

Unread 21-12-2020, 11:34 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Love the guy, but he's never a #9
Or a winger

Very talented but after almost five years still not sure what his best positions is.

Unread 21-12-2020, 11:39 AM
believe

Quote:
Or a winger

Very talented but after almost five years still not sure what his best positions is.
So he's no good at any of the positions we bought him to play in but he's very talented?

Unread 21-12-2020, 11:42 AM
NedKelly

He’s a bit of this, a bit of that. He works very well with Rashford. Even during his goalless run he was still contributing and making chances for himself and others. A wonderful player, criminally underrated sadly.

Unread 21-12-2020, 11:48 AM
triple sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
So he's no good at any of the positions we bought him to play in but he's very talented?
Don't know what you watching if you think he's no good

Unread 21-12-2020, 01:31 PM
shenwen

Quote:
He does have a lot of natural talent. We saw that yesterday. The problem is how he uses it. He's definitely not a natural striker. He doesn't appear to a natural wide player, or a No 10.

Question is not does he have talent, but is he making best use of the talent he does have. Right now I'd say not, but if he can maintain some consistency (history says he can't) then that could change.

Unread 21-12-2020, 01:34 PM
believe

Quote:
He does have a lot of natural talent. We saw that yesterday. The problem is how he uses it. He's definitely not a natural striker. He doesn't appear to a natural wide player, or a No 10.

Question is not does he have talent, but is he making best use of the talent he does have. Right now I'd say not, but if he can maintain some consistency (history says he can't) then that could change.
I was being slightly facetious and have always said he’s got talent. However, talent means £#%&! all when your attitude stinks as much as his does.

Taking out Everton in the cup has he ever made an impact in a game other than scoring in games we’ve won comfortably?

Unread 21-12-2020, 01:39 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
I was being slightly facetious and have always said he’s got talent. However, talent means £#%&! all when your attitude stinks as much as his does.

Taking out Everton in the cup has he ever made an impact in a game other than scoring in games we’ve won comfortably?
He kept Mourinho in the job for about 3/4 extra months winning us some scrappy games 1-0 when no one else seemed to be able to score, despite Mourinho hating him.

Also, and this isn’t snide or wumming, why do people think he has a bad attitude? I think at worst he’s a confidence player and his shoulders slump when he’s not on form. I get the criticism, as said I’m not trying to wum with this post, I just genuinely think his attitude is fine - always is available for the team, never ever complains in the press via agents etc, even under Mourinho I don’t think he moaned once, and even in bad games he seems to get 1 or 2 good chances. Its just a shame his finishing has been woeful this season.

Unread 21-12-2020, 01:57 PM
Palmer

Quote:
I was being slightly facetious and have always said he’s got talent. However, talent means f*** all when your attitude stinks as much as his does.

How does his attitude stink?

I've never heard a peep out of him or his agent, the other players seem to like him a lot especially rashford. The manager seems to like him. I don't get how his attitude stinks?

Unread 21-12-2020, 01:58 PM
NedKelly

There an echo in here?

Unread 21-12-2020, 02:18 PM
utd99

Like him or loathe him I’ve never once seen Martial’s off field activities used to justify criticism of his attitude so why is it suddenly being used as a defence? We all know where the reservations about Martial come from; it doesn’t need to be complicated by straw man arguments.