United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-03-2016, 02:01 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Quote:
Jose Mourinho has identified the Tottenham striker Harry Kane as his priority target for Manchester United this summer, if the Portuguese is confirmed as the next manager at Old Trafford, potentially setting up the transfer saga of the next window.

The 22-year-old Kane has hit 53 goals in 93 matches for Spurs since the start of the 2014-15 campaign, and Mourinho is a huge fan of the player’s intensity and pace, seeing those qualities as key to revitalising United from the front. There is a growing expectation that the former Chelsea manager will replace Louis van Gaal in the close season, with Mourinho cryptically telling BT last week that he expects to be back in work by July, and he is known to be confident of the appointment.

The Independent on Sunday revealed in January that the 53-year-old coach had put together a forensic dossier outlining his detailed ideas for the United team should he get the job, and his transfer plans involve bringing in almost half a first team. Mourinho would want a mobile main striker, a fast right winger, a commanding central midfielder and two defenders.

It is Kane who Mourinho wants above all, however, as he values highly the manner in which the English striker marries relentless running with a fine scoring rate. If Mourinho does get the United job, his admiration for the striker could lead to one of the transfer battles of the summer.
This could be one hell of an article.

Unread 20-03-2016, 09:16 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist
Wow we're gonna see some cardies slitting their wrists tonight.
You seem to think that people are as infantile as you and won't support and give time to the manager whoever he is.

Unread 20-03-2016, 09:34 AM
S/Side.Red

Vintage Mou when he wants a job to outline all his plans and tell the club where they're going wrong etc. So I can believe he's told them what changes he'd make. Bit strange this notion that United would sign this pre-contract with these staged break clauses. He's got nowhere else to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
You seem to think that people are as infantile as you and won't support and give time to the manager whoever he is.
Indeed. The point I've been trying to make recently is that the perspective is wider than this season and who the manager is. I'm happy about United moving forward with these young players. I'm not convinced Mou is the right man in that respect and still doubt he's got the job yet, but I'll look forward to finding out if he's appointed.

Some of these lads desperate for Mou didn't even like him a few months ago. Not sure they'll ever be fully happy tbh.

Unread 20-03-2016, 10:11 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Indeed. The point I've been trying to make recently is that the perspective is wider than this season and who the manager is. I'm happy about United moving forward with these young players. I'm not convinced Mou is the right man in that respect and still doubt he's got the job yet, but I'll look forward to finding out if he's appointed.

Some of these lads desperate for Mou didn't even like him a few months ago. Not sure they'll ever be fully happy tbh.
Problem for Mourinho is he'll have to fix things IMMEDIATELY for these lads.

Unread 20-03-2016, 10:58 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Every time they have to qualify it with "Fergie and Charlton aren't sure about him".
It's absolutely bizarre. What those two think should have no bearing on anything at all.

Unread 20-03-2016, 11:05 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
It's absolutely bizarre. What those two think should have no bearing on anything at all.
I don't think it's actually that bizarre. The club is run by Woodward and the Glazers. They don't have a clue about the game. It doesn't surprise me at all that Ferguson, having made every football decision at the club for over two decades, still has an influence.

It's not ideal, but it's grimly inevitable.

Unread 20-03-2016, 11:15 AM
saffers

TWICI

Unread 20-03-2016, 11:19 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Problem for Mourinho is he'll have to fix things IMMEDIATELY for these lads.
No way, surely the mourhino kids will give him two full season, at the very least....

Oh, we're not dripping in trophies and 4-0 wins...

Oh.

Unread 20-03-2016, 11:26 AM
saffers

LvGistas throwing their toys out of the pram as it gets closer.

Vg2c.

Unread 20-03-2016, 11:31 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I don't think it's actually that bizarre. The club is run by Woodward and the Glazers. They don't have a clue about the game. It doesn't surprise me at all that Ferguson, having made every football decision at the club for over two decades, still has an influence.

It's not ideal, but it's grimly inevitable.
Yes, fair point.

Unread 20-03-2016, 11:35 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
TWICI

First four look far more LvG shopping list than Mou's.

If Mourinho's response to an inexperienced side lacking leaders was to sign a further batch of kids I'd be surprised. Pleasantly so, but surprised. I think he's more likely to want at least two or three senior heads. That CB pairing

Unread 20-03-2016, 12:22 PM
Jethro

All seems legit

Unread 20-03-2016, 12:44 PM
Swagger

Will be the managerial equivalent of Cantona.

Unread 20-03-2016, 01:21 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
LvGistas throwing their toys out of the pram as it gets closer.

Vg2c.
What like constantly changing their mind, losing in every poll, announcing, flouncing and then creeping back on again? If you say so Twinkle.

Unread 20-03-2016, 01:21 PM
silv

In your element Aren't you you £#%&!ing little virgin

Unread 20-03-2016, 01:41 PM
Tumescent Throb

personally i think it's absolutely bizarre that arguably the greatest manager in football history, and the most successful in united's history, has the ear of people at the top of united...

not surprised his critics - people who actually think they could actually have run united better than he actually did for years (more than 20 actually) - think these reports should stop being so fergie-centric...

Unread 20-03-2016, 01:58 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
In your element Aren't you you £#%&!ing little virgin
Alright pal, give me a break FFS.

Unread 20-03-2016, 02:11 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
personally i think it's absolutely bizarre that arguably the greatest manager in football history, and the most successful in united's history, has the ear of people at the top of united...

not surprised his critics - people who actually think they could actually have run united better than he actually did for years (more than 20 actually) - think these reports should stop being so fergie-centric...
Yes, but you forget, Moyes was his third choice to replace him, that automatically means his years of knowledge and expertise are worthless.

On a side point, if Giggs was going to be the next manager they would have made the move by now.

Unread 20-03-2016, 02:17 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Yes, but you forget, Moyes was his third choice to replace him, that automatically means his years of knowledge and expertise are worthless.

On a side point, if Giggs was going to be the next manager they would have made the move by now.
wha wha what!?!?!?!?

Unread 20-03-2016, 02:21 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

Closed Thread