United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-12-2007, 05:18 AM
sharath

Thumbs down I predict us finishing fourth!

I don't like the look of liverpool and arsenal... few teams will live with their fast attacking style of play. And arsenal were with there best 2 players out... fabregas and persie.

teams just roll over and die.

I feel liverpool will beat us on dec 16th and finally in years mount a realistic title challenge and dissapointing that we will not be challenging.

ALthough I hope grimson, rhodzy or someone can bump this thread in May and laugh at this. Cos that will mean we will have won the league and liverpool wouldn't have been in the title race.

Unread 03-12-2007, 06:21 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

dont be so full of doom, united will be in the top 3 it's nailed on.

Unread 03-12-2007, 06:25 AM
Enjoying Insanity

I thought I was the biggest @#%&! on here until I read this......

I will place a bet Sharath, and have it laid on Betfai by yourself that we will finish ahead of the Dippers....

What a £#%&!ing #@&%!.

(And strangely he only mentioned fourth behind two teams ?????)

Unread 03-12-2007, 06:26 AM
Grimson

Good result for Arsenal at Villa, but there's still the African Cup of Nations taking important players from both them and Chelsea. Liverpool might be losing their manager soon. I still see United being as much a favourite as anyone.

Unread 03-12-2007, 06:28 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Good result for Arsenal at Villa, but there's still the African Cup of Nations taking important players from both them and Chelsea. Liverpool might be losing their manager soon. I still see United being as much a favourite as anyone.
Liverpool are as consistant as my shit after a Chicken Madras.

Agree about the African Nations too.

Unread 03-12-2007, 06:48 AM
borsuk

arsenal were well-beaten by seville and got very lucky against villa. they looked tired in the second half and i think their very thin squad will find them out over time. liverpool still don't strike me as consistent enough to win the league, despite some impressive form, and are very reliant on torres to stay fit and in form. chelsea will be our closest challengers by season's end. but we'll win it.

Unread 03-12-2007, 07:29 AM
shenwen

sharath wakes up in his bedsit on Monday morning, looks at the league table after the weekend's games and declares: 'I predict us finishing fourth!'

one of history's great eureka moments.

Unread 03-12-2007, 09:13 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
sharath wakes up in his bedsit on Monday morning, looks at the league table after the weekend's games and declares: 'I predict us finishing fourth!'

one of history's great eureka moments.
I did watch the match...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
I thought I was the biggest @#%&! on here until I read this......

I will place a bet Sharath, and have it laid on Betfai by yourself that we will finish ahead of the Dippers....

What a £#%&!ing #@&%!.

(And strangely he only mentioned fourth behind two teams ?????)
I think chelsea will be ahead of us too and hence 4th. only mentioned arsenal and liverpool as many think they aren't good enough.

I am looking at arsenal fixtures... boro away and newcastle away. 6 points easy.

Unread 03-12-2007, 10:51 AM
The Return of JC

I agree with the sentiment about Arsenal's squad and Liverpool's reliance on Torres (and Gerrard) but my concern is the six point gap.

We've got Liverpool in a bit and we can't allow that gap to stretch to 8 or 10 points going into the new year. If Arsenal have that kind of advantage and we're still only level or behind the other the two then we have a serious problem on our hands.

I still believe we'll win it, but I think it's very important we are still only 6 points behind after 'Grand Slam Sunday'.

Last week's defeat was really £#%&!ing sloppy when you consider the competition we're facing. Silly silly silly defeat.

Unread 03-12-2007, 10:53 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
I feel liverpool will beat us on dec 16th and finally in years mount a realistic title challenge and dissapointing that we will not be challenging.
Never has a '' been more appropriate.

Unread 03-12-2007, 11:11 AM
MUFC One Love

One of the funniest thing I've seen on the forums. If Sharath stuck by this from the start fair enough, even though he would still be an idiot because it's clear we will be challengeing, but what makes him more of an idiot is he raves about our players and team then after a defeat suddenly our team is rubbish (except Ronaldo) and we won't even challenge.

What has changed in the last 3 league games? We was the better team at Arsenal and drew, we beat Blackburn then had 1 of them days at Bolton, I wasn't happy with the selection but it was just 1 of them days.

It makes me laugh how evn some of our fans gets sucked into the Liverpool "title challenge" myth. They beat 1-2 rubbish teams a home by a few goals and suddenly they will challenge. It's a shock to see Liverpool win 4-0 at home against anyone, that says it all, doesn't it. If we win 4-0 tonight it will barely be mentioned. Not only that Anelka missed a sitter at 1-0, it may have been a different game then so stop getting carried away. Liverpool will drop points as usual, more than us. Arsenal have a thin squad and will miss players at the African nations when there's loads of games, as will Chelsea.

I think Chelsea will be our biggest threat.

Shrath proves we have a few fickle glory hunters.

Unread 03-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Mr_Ed

What is concerning is that teams seem to raise their game against us and role over for the other teams. That's all good and well as it usually happens but what is worrying is that we're losing to the odd team (Notlob being the case in point)...

Unread 03-12-2007, 12:43 PM
El Calafate

get a life. nft.

Unread 03-12-2007, 12:48 PM
wiganste

Congratulations Sharath - you've made my ignore list.

£#%&!ing idiotic @#%&!.

Unread 03-12-2007, 12:52 PM
denis lawless

i think our biggest threat is fergie £#%&!ing about with resting players and underestimating the shite sides....

pick our best 11 for every match (rest players if we're 3-0 up at half time) ...and we'll walk it !!

Unread 03-12-2007, 12:53 PM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Congratulations Sharath - you've made my ignore list.

£#%&!ing idiotic @#%&!.
I am honoured

Unread 03-12-2007, 12:54 PM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
i think our biggest threat is fergie £#%&!ing about with resting players and underestimating the shite sides....

pick our best 11 for every match (rest players if we're 3-0 up at half time) ...and we'll walk it !!
The problem is we have had too many injuries around.

I can confidently say that only rio, evra and ronaldo won't be injured if you ask me now... rest are all a bit vulnerable. For ex if rooney and saha get injured then what will we do? tevez upfront alone?

Unread 03-12-2007, 01:52 PM
borsuk

Quote:
I can confidently say that only rio, evra and ronaldo won't be injured if you ask me now... rest are all a bit vulnerable. For ex if rooney and saha get injured then what will we do? tevez upfront alone?
not understand do i this strange put together sharath is sentence

the only injuries we have atm are those of neville, park and scholes (rooney is back tonight according to fergie). so what are you on about? are rio, evra and ronnie somehow immune to injuries? do you have a crystal ball? what are you talking about?

Unread 03-12-2007, 02:04 PM
razzle

Quote:
The problem is we have had too many injuries around.

what on earth does this mean??

you really are a complete trevor jesty (© billy baroo)

Unread 03-12-2007, 02:16 PM
sharath

for those who didn't get it, I said "If anyone asks me at the start of the season, which players of united will stay injury free, I will name ronaldo, rio and evra. All others are a bit injury prone!!". nft.
Closed Thread