United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-04-2014, 09:45 AM
believe

Football I can see all the top three finishing on 84 points

Liverpool to draw at Palace and win their last game, Chelsea to win their last two and City to draw at Everton and win their last two.

Only problem is that City play before the scousers, so it's going to be a long weekend.

Unread 30-04-2014, 09:46 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Liverpool to draw at Palace and win their last game, Chelsea to win their last two and City to draw at Everton and win their last two.

Only problem is that City play before the scousers, so it's going to be a long weekend.
Tbh, at this point I only care a smidgen, enough to not want the dippers to win it. Moyes has gone, that is all that matters. When this season is mentioned to me in years to come I shall deny it's existence.

Unread 30-04-2014, 09:47 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:

If city beat Everton, I can see Liverpool faltering at Palace. ....but if city leave the door open for them, I think they won't turn down another chance. It all hinges on city v everton, for me.

Unread 30-04-2014, 09:50 AM
Harri Jaffa

This weekend was a tease

liverpool will win the league

Unread 30-04-2014, 10:02 AM
Switching Off

Unread 30-04-2014, 10:03 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

can completely understand folk not wanting to see the 'pool win the league for all the obvious reasons, but to actively hope city win the league is bizarre and smacks of liverpool obsession.

The ootners see their liverpool equivalents as being the 'competition', which they probably are given they are mirror images of each other but for mancs to actively hope to have the town full of gloating taches dancing down deansgate is

Unread 30-04-2014, 10:05 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
can completely understand folk not wanting to see the 'pool win the league for all the obvious reasons, but to actively hope city win the league is bizarre and smacks of liverpool obsession.

The ootners see their liverpool equivalents as being the 'competition', which they probably are given they are mirror images of each other but for mancs to actively hope to have the town full of gloating taches dancing down deansgate is
trips in trying to tell people what to think shocker.

i had a dream last night I could stop liverpool winning the league but it involved killing 3 people in a railway yard with a machete. i can still hear their screams

Unread 30-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Mr Castro

There's a lot of ifs in there. Palace have improved a lot under Pulis but posed City no problems at all. City were very comfortable which makes me think Liverpool will win there if they have to (which is certain). City's most important game is arguably Aston Villa. That's the draw level game.

Chelsea have left themselves too much to do. They'll probably win the last two games but the £#%&! ups at Villa and Palace are fatal.

Unread 30-04-2014, 10:14 AM
HERTS_RED

Thumbs down

Quote:

Bit cringe but this sums it up

I've no doubt Pulis will get them up for it, he always did well against them with Stoke and seems to have a healthy dislike for them

Unread 30-04-2014, 10:20 AM
Zorg

Quote:

But the worst has already happened with city. It can never be as bad as 2012. Plus no-one gave them much credit really, and they won't this time. Richest club in world wins trophy, well whoopee do. They know it's hollow and no-one's going to be praising them too much.

On the other hand, with Liverpool you have all the stuff about them playing the best football, all this 'people's champions' %@#$&!s and the endless references to Hillsborough. Gerrard's only missing medal, Suarez' 'redemption', etc. The football media is full of ex-vermin players and it would be unbearable if they won it. I'd literally rather anyone else won it except them, and that includes city I'm afraid.

Unread 30-04-2014, 10:22 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED
Bit cringe but this sums it up

I've no doubt Pulis will get them up for it, he always did well against them with Stoke and seems to have a healthy dislike for them

Knew that'd be him

Unread 30-04-2014, 10:22 AM
saffers

Quote:

I think City will win at Everton tbh. People forget how well they played at anfield, were robbed that day tbf even without a fit aguero, toure and kompany. Those are all approaching full fitness.

It really will be extraordinary if the scousers dont win the league. Would genuinely piss myself if everton threw the game and let in 2 or 3 goals first half.

City winning it or not, imagine the pain of the dippers? The way they have behaved in the last few weeks ffs.

Unread 30-04-2014, 10:23 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

so herts red and dublin fuzz don't agree, I wonder why that might be.........

Unread 30-04-2014, 10:25 AM
believe

Quote:
so herts red and dublin fuzz don't agree, I wonder why that might be.........
what's your argument for me, zorg and saffers then?

Unread 30-04-2014, 10:29 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
that he is mildly brain damaged?

Unread 30-04-2014, 10:30 AM
saffers

Quote:

Another OOTer here, actually more leeds fans in my vicinity than dippers.(shit you not)

Maybe you just need to accept, manc boy, that even your fellow locals are more hurt by a real club like liverpool winning it as opposed to the plastic taches whose stadium was half full a couple of weeks ago when the goal that is seemingly gonna win them the league was scored.

City are a nothing club. This is more about actively hoping liverpool dont win it. Want them to break their 24 yr duck? Such a top red.

Unread 30-04-2014, 10:34 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Your from wigan are you? isn't saffers swedish?

outside of it being bizarre I'm not sure. I don't know any liverpool fans (not the real kind) so there are no personal issues and I'll pretty much ignore the media, which I mostly do anyway. Anyone who thinks ciddy are not becoming a major force in world footall is kidding themselves and the stuff they are up to in manc, most of it very good tbh, only strengthens their presence and bodes badly for the future. be careful what you wish for.

Unread 30-04-2014, 10:35 AM
believe

Quote:
Your from wigan are you? isn't saffers swedish?

outside of it being bizarre I'm not sure. I don't know any liverpool fans (not the real kind) so there are no personal issues and I'll pretty much ignore the media, which I mostly do anyway. Anyone who thinks ciddy are not becoming a major force in world footall is kidding themselves and the stuff they are up to in manc, most of it very good tbh, only strengthens their presence and bodes badly for the future. be careful what you wish for.
UAE, France and Norway.

Unread 30-04-2014, 10:38 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
UAE, France and Norway.
tbf, these days the biggest clowns in our support come from Manchester. Pretty sure all the 'give him time' mob were local etc. Not surprised they're now pretending that they don't care if Liverpool win it. All part of re-enacting the 80's.

Unread 30-04-2014, 10:42 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
tbf, these days the biggest clowns in our support come from Manchester. Pretty sure all the 'give him time' mob were local etc. Not surprised they're now pretending that they don't care if Liverpool win it. All part of re-enacting the 80's.
Closed Thread