United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-04-2018, 11:01 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
The only thing, ONLY thing, his team had to do in that second half was to keep it simple, stay tight and the title was their’s.

Instead, they’re so indoctrinated by this Rainman @#%&!’s desire to teach the football world to sing, they did exactly what they’ve already done at Anfield twice this season. They opened themselves up and allowed an aggressive opponent to bully them into surrender.

It’s what did for Wenger’s “Invincibles”, it did for City last season and, when the rest of the cowards managing in the PL wise up to it, it’ll do for the @#%&! and drive him off the deep end next season.
Repped. So true.

Unread 08-04-2018, 07:45 AM
sub three hours

All in all Guardiola completely destroyed the Berts moment with his team selection in favour of Tuesday's dead rubber and for that I thank him.

Unread 08-04-2018, 08:49 AM
Kangared

City believe their own hype to such a degree they simply don't know how to react when teams have a go at them & score. No coincidence that ithey conceded 3 goals in a short space of time in both games at Anfield & yesterday

The teams who have troubled them are teams who haven't shown them the respect they think they deserve.

Unread 08-04-2018, 08:55 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
City believe their own hype to such a degree they simply don't know how to react when teams have a go at them & score. No coincidence that ithey conceded 3 goals in a short space of time in both games at Anfield & yesterday

The teams who have troubled them are teams who haven't shown them the respect they think they deserve.

Agreed. That's what pissed me off about our first half performance. Why did we go on the offensive only after going 2 down. Why not set-up like that from the beginning ? Perhaps Jose feared that going on the offensive we'd concede goal, but he is OK to attack after we're 2 down because there is nothing to lose.

Unread 08-04-2018, 09:02 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours

Agreed. That's what pissed me off about our first half performance. Why did we go on the offensive only after going 2 down. Why not set-up like that from the beginning ? Perhaps Jose feared that going on the offensive we'd concede goal, but he is OK to attack after we're 2 down because there is nothing to lose.
At HT I was raging. Everything should have been in our favour.We were fresh, no injuries, no midweek games , a full week to prepare against a weakened team & yet we started so slowly. Just as well Sterling kicks like a 5yr old girl . If he could shoot he would be some player

Quote:
All in all Guardiola completely destroyed the Berts moment with his team selection in favour of Tuesday's dead rubber and for that I thank him.
Could well end up with 4 losses in a row. I think Spurs will turn them over next week.

Unread 08-04-2018, 09:18 AM
saffers

Quote:

Yep. Really thought these weird quotes after city v everton last week were potentially dangerous for city going forward. If more of their players feel like de bruyne then their fall is gonna be fast indeed:

“How to describe it? You feel in control. You feel like everything that is happening, you have power over... offensively, defensively. You know that you are in control,” he said.

“The first half especially was the best football we have played this season. I don’t know how to say it. Here, the first half especially, was something different, another level.

“They didn’t know what to do. We controlled it so much, they didn’t know whether to press us, whether to stay, and it was something in-between in the end.

“You could see it in their faces in the first half that they don’t know what is happening... and that’s why you feel in so much control I guess, when you see it on their faces.”

Unread 08-04-2018, 09:33 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Yep. Really thought these weird quotes after city v everton last week were potentially dangerous for city going forward. If more of their players feel like de bruyne then their fall is gonna be fast indeed:

“How to describe it? You feel in control. You feel like everything that is happening, you have power over... offensively, defensively. You know that you are in control,” he said.

“The first half especially was the best football we have played this season. I don’t know how to say it. Here, the first half especially, was something different, another level.

“They didn’t know what to do. We controlled it so much, they didn’t know whether to press us, whether to stay, and it was something in-between in the end.

“You could see it in their faces in the first half that they don’t know what is happening... and that’s why you feel in so much control I guess, when you see it on their faces.”
& you could see the sheer confusion & panic in their faces when first Liverpool & then us went at them.
Lets face it, their backline is average, it just doesn't get tested enough. Otamendi is a gormless ape & kompany is a big old lug .

Pique wasn't good enough to get into our team yet he looked a worldy behind the best midfield ever in Xavi, Iniesta & that annoyingly good dirty ex scouse @#%&! Mascherano.

Unread 08-04-2018, 11:00 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
& you could see the sheer confusion & panic in their faces when first Liverpool & then us went at them.
Lets face it, their backline is average, it just doesn't get tested enough. Otamendi is a gormless ape & kompany is a big old lug .

Pique wasn't good enough to get into our team yet he looked a worldy behind the best midfield ever in Xavi, Iniesta & that annoyingly good dirty ex scouse @#%&! Mascherano.

Unread 08-04-2018, 11:10 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

And like any sport, it's half in the head.

You see it in individual sports too.

Teams and players are beaten before it starts. They're passive and allow themselves to be bullied.

It's not to say City aren't good, ofcourse they are.... but it's compounded by their confidence and the lack of confidence from the opposition. That comes from winning, momentum and the comfort of a big lead..

We've seen it with Leicester and Chslesa the last two seasons before: a bit of momentum, a few breaks and you're up and away.

This happened to City around November time and we needed something like what happened this week to happen to them about the time they were winning late against Huddersfield and Southampton.

As soon as we fluffed our lines against them, that was it. Everyone knows it. And everyone starts to play like it. The legend builds and @#%&!s like De Bruyne start to buy in to it.

Its not next level stuff. It's a very good team playing with huge confidence.

Then along come a team like Liverpool, who for all their flaws, play without fear and all they do is just show a total lack of respect for the 'idea' of city and play to their own strengths.

And they're 3 up in half an hour.

Hell, even Wigan and Bristol City got some joy but just having a go.

They probably shouldn't have lost the game yesterday, but we saw their weaknesses and we exploited it. It was only a fifteen minute spell, but it brought 3 goals and won the game.

That's the third time that team has folded and shipped 3 goals in a short spell this season.

Great sides don't fold like that.

And Pep, who we all very very lucky to have on our green earth, has no response to any of it.

Teams need to take note for next season.

Unread 08-04-2018, 11:10 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
\

Could well end up with 4 losses in a row. I think Spurs will turn them over next week.

I do hope so.

It's been apparent all season that Sterling couldn't finish a sentence.

Unread 08-04-2018, 11:26 AM
dunk

Quote:

I do hope so.

It's been apparent all season that Sterling couldn't finish a sentence.
21 goals.. he was our best player yesterday though nqat.

Unread 08-04-2018, 11:30 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
21 goals. Good for him. He's still a terrible finisher. Fluffs chances week on week and usually scores 1 as his team scores 3 or 4.

Unread 08-04-2018, 12:27 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
And how many would he have if he weren’t playing for a side that lays tap-ins on a plate for him every week.

I’d fancy myself to get 10 just standing in the 6 yard box waiting for a square pass.

Unread 08-04-2018, 12:38 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Roses are red
violets are blue
If it wasn’t for the oil
Bert’s d be in league 2
Manchester is red
Bitters are blue
Etc

Unread 08-04-2018, 12:50 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
And how many would he have if he weren’t playing for a side that lays tap-ins on a plate for him every week.

I’d fancy myself to get 10 just standing in the 6 yard box waiting for a square pass.
Wasn’t it Sterling that got all the late winners early in the season?

Think he had a bit of hard luck yesterday, 1st chance bobbled and span up on him, 2nd was always tough it running away from him and away from goal, he knew £#%&! all about the one that hit the post. He has a good day and we’re utterly £#%&!ed. Thankfully he had a mare.

You don’t score 21 goals if you’re shit tbf.

Unread 08-04-2018, 12:53 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Wasn’t it Sterling that got all the late winners early in the season?

Think he had a bit of hard luck yesterday, 1st chance bobbled and span up on him, 2nd was always tough it running away from him and away from goal, he knew £#%&! all about the one that hit the post. He has a good day and we’re utterly £#%&!ed. Thankfully he had a mare.

You don’t score 21 goals if you’re shit tbf.
God you give him some slack there.....

He’s shite...

Most strikers in the league would have hit the target

Unread 08-04-2018, 12:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
God you give him some slack there.....

He’s shite...

Most strikers in the league would have hit the target
He isn’t a striker tbf.

Unread 08-04-2018, 01:14 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
He isn’t a striker tbf.
Don’t care....

Hope the three chances roll on loop round his stupid little brain every night before he sleeps...

Unread 08-04-2018, 01:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Don’t care....

Hope the three chances roll on loop round his stupid little brain every night before he sleeps...
Oh definitely. Hope it absolutely ruins him.

Unread 08-04-2018, 04:02 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Perhaps Jose feared that going on the offensive we'd concede goal, but he is OK to attack after we're 2 down because there is nothing to lose.
Perhaps the players lost the fear. Or gained the fear of an absolute drubbing at half time. Like smalling said they didn’t want to be the clowns. A phrase mourinho has used when Chelsea beat Liverpool to stop them winning the league, and clearly related to what he said at half time.

It’s a mental issue with the United players, has been for years. Something mourinho mentioned his first few weeks in the job and had a real go at a few weeks ago. It’s what he’s been battling to sort out since day one.
Closed Thread