United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-04-2019, 09:19 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You can see why these modern day managers like Guardiola and Klopp stay in one place for about 4-5 years then leave. They are exhausting characters to be around, they must be. The histrionics on the touchlines, the rabid swivel eyed intensity. Is it any wonder by the end of Klopp's reign at Dortmund they were in freefall, they were probably all exhausted from being around him.

I wonder will they change their ways as they get old and adapt, as only the great managers can? Or will they have their 10 years in the limelight and then sort of just £#%&! it all off?
I could see Pep winning a few more trophies at city and then £#%&!ing off to some place like China or the Middle East?

Unread 14-04-2019, 09:19 PM
Coracao

Quote:
You can see why these modern day managers like Guardiola and Klopp stay in one place for about 4-5 years then leave. They are exhausting characters to be around, they must be. The histrionics on the touchlines, the rabid swivel eyed intensity. Is it any wonder by the end of Klopp's reign at Dortmund they were in freefall, they were probably all exhausted from being around him.

I wonder will they change their ways as they get old and adapt, as only the great managers can? Or will they have their 10 years in the limelight and then sort of just £#%&! it all off?
I thought for the first paragraph you were describing yourself on a standard match thread.

Carry on.

Unread 14-04-2019, 09:22 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I thought for the first paragraph you were describing yourself on a standard match thread.

Carry on.
Thank you. I will.

Unread 14-04-2019, 09:29 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

don't forget guardiola already had a hiatus. the soft bastard.

Unread 14-04-2019, 09:54 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

I certainly hope so
Can’t take too many years of Pep’s City winning virtually every game
Hopefully next season is his last

Unread 15-04-2019, 07:03 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Can I request it be electric?
If I was starving and the choice was between anything you usually cooked for your squaddie mates in afghanistan or an electric fence the choice is easy pal....

Unread 15-04-2019, 07:34 PM
The Return of Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I certainly hope so
Can’t take too many years of Pep’s City winning virtually every game
Hopefully next season is his last
He needs to stick around for as long as Klopp does otherwise we're looking at Liverpool walking the league every year.

We're too shit to stop it.

Thanks

Unread 15-04-2019, 07:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Don't think it's the case with Klopp. He's 200 games in at Liverpool and they're only getting better.

Simeone has done 8 years at Atleti doing his madman act. I suspect they're a little more nuanced than they portray.

Unread 15-04-2019, 08:26 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Don't think it's the case with Klopp. He's 200 games in at Liverpool and they're only getting better.

Simeone has done 8 years at Atleti doing his madman act. I suspect they're a little more nuanced than they portray.
Yep.

I wanted Klopp when Fergie left and nothing since has changed my mind

Unread 15-04-2019, 09:42 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Yep.

I wanted Klopp when Fergie left and nothing since has changed my mind
I’d quite like to see him shot through both kneecaps, unfortunately looks like we’re both set to be disappointed

Unread 15-04-2019, 09:43 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
I’d quite like to see him shot through both kneecaps, unfortunately looks like we’re both set to be disappointed
Oh I want that now

Unread 16-04-2019, 08:58 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
If I was starving and the choice was between anything you usually cooked for your squaddie mates in afghanistan or an electric fence the choice is easy pal....
Better food than in the UK, you cheeky @#%&!.

Unread 16-04-2019, 04:51 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of Tim
He needs to stick around for as long as Klopp does otherwise we're looking at Liverpool walking the league every year.
This campaign, however it ends, is an unrepeatable peak for them. They will be highly competitive for the foreseeable future, but the above will not happen whatever Pep does.
Closed Thread