United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-05-2019, 09:28 AM
woody78

So a new striker, defence and midfield is our priority.

Sounds about right tbf

Unread 06-05-2019, 09:29 AM
The Return of Tim

If rumours are to be believed, we will only be signing English players this summer. And they are likely to be Maguire, Trippier and Rice. I'm not sure that's going to help us much?

Thanks

Unread 06-05-2019, 09:29 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
For me it's midfield we need to address.

Good signs
Yeah cos we ve got a super set of full backs and defenders.

Unread 06-05-2019, 09:30 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
So a new striker, defence and midfield is our priority.

Sounds about right tbf
Striker
CB
Right winger
Possible senior holding midfielder.

Can swap the SHM for a right back for me if you're not going to play Dalot.

It's do-able

Unread 06-05-2019, 09:31 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Yeah cos we ve got a super set of full backs and defenders.
Shaw and Lindelof will be starters next season. Be interesting to see if Dalot gets a push at right-back. Big risk.

A leader at the back and a couple of midfielders who aren't scared of the ball changes a lot.

Unread 06-05-2019, 09:36 AM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Striker
CB
Right winger

It's do-able
May as well keep Matic or Herrara for that. If we are buying a midfielder i would rather it be an attacking one who can score /create

The rest i agree with

Unread 06-05-2019, 09:39 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of Tim
If rumours are to be believed, we will only be signing English players this summer. And they are likely to be Maguire, Trippier and Rice. I'm not sure that's going to help us much?

Thanks
And if you believe every rumour your a bigger #@&%! than you seem on the surface.

Thanks.

Unread 06-05-2019, 09:40 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
May as well keep Matic or Herrara for that. If we are buying a midfielder i would rather it be an attacking one who can score /create

The rest i agree with
The SHM swap for RB then.....

:Closes A4 leather binder: let's walk and talk woody..

Unread 06-05-2019, 09:41 AM
The Return of Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
And if you believe every rumour your a bigger #@&%! than you seem on the surface.

Thanks.
Not saying I believe it, just that it is rumoured to be our approach. And really the idea isn't a bad one, it's just the players we're targeting are absolute shit.

Thanks

Unread 06-05-2019, 09:58 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Striker
CB
Right winger

It's do-able
So we keep Shaw? Really?

Unread 06-05-2019, 10:03 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
So we keep Shaw? Really?
For me mate yes, I know he made that huge mistake yesterday but with others in front of him we'd already be up by 2 goals or go on and win 2/3 - 1....

You can't block change a whole defence...

For me.

Dalot. Libdelof. New CB/ Blind buy back.
Shaw

Unread 06-05-2019, 10:50 AM
atticusgrinch

We could bring Welbz back on a free?

Unite master and apprentice up front.

Unread 06-05-2019, 10:55 AM
BouncyCheetah

Unread 06-05-2019, 10:57 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
We could bring Welbz back on a free?

Unite master and apprentice up front.
Only one striker should be returning.......

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw_1bvYD...d=lpm3a2y4hggq

Unread 06-05-2019, 10:58 AM
AK14

Big Axel could save us a few quid on a centre back this summer tbh.

Unread 06-05-2019, 10:59 AM
shenwen

Shaw should go. Or at least be a back up.
His crossing and passing are worse than Young. Shameful when so much play goes through full backs.
We need pace, technique and the ability to do 90 minutes without blowing out of one's arse. Not sure Shaw has any of that.

Keep Dalot, Lindelof and Smalling. These are the only ones we can even begin to justify keeping. Maybe Shaw, like Smalling, as a good squad option.

Unread 06-05-2019, 11:05 AM
AK14

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...&postcount=111

We desperately need someone that can get around 20 goals every season, we just don’t score enough goals.

Unread 06-05-2019, 11:13 AM
Neo

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...&postcount=111

We desperately need someone that can get around 20 goals every season, we just don’t score enough goals.
We need a top, established striker, but the more important issue is that we need to create more chances, and that is down to developing a footballing identity, which this team lacks.

We need creativity from the midfield, attacking impetus from the full-backs, more diversity than simply crossing it aimlessly into a box where the red shirts will always be outnumbered.

If you put Rashford in City’s side he’d be scoring 20+ a season. The problem is, he doesn’t get enough chances, and because of that, when the one chance comes about, like yesterday, he’ll snatch at it and miss. This is also another reason why he takes desperate pot-shots from distance, because he’s hungry to score goals, like any top striker, but isn’t getting the chances. Put Aguero into our side and he’d struggle.

Unread 06-05-2019, 11:20 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

If you put Rashford in City’s side he’d be scoring 20+ a season. The problem is, he doesn’t get enough chances, and because of that, when the one chance comes about, like yesterday, he’ll snatch at it and miss. This is also another reason why he takes desperate pot-shots from distance, because he’s hungry to score goals, like any top striker, but isn’t getting the chances. Put Aguero into our side and he’d struggle.
Absolutely spot on.....but you'll still get #@&%!s ripping into him and thinking about flogging him....

He needs better service nada

Unread 06-05-2019, 11:31 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
We need a top, established striker, but the more important issue is that we need to create more chances, and that is down to developing a footballing identity, which this team lacks.

We need creativity from the midfield, attacking impetus from the full-backs, more diversity than simply crossing it aimlessly into a box where the red shirts will always be outnumbered.

Agree with most of that tbf.
Closed Thread