United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-05-2019, 04:18 PM
Mr Kaboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Do you think social media now days would make a bigger difference in getting number together?

Many people, including you, know more about what has been done or tried than I ever will. But I’d have thought social media which wasn’t as big in 05 could make things like organising a walk out a lot more realistic these days?
Season ticket renewal date was last Friday, they’ve got next seasons money in already

Unread 05-05-2019, 04:22 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kaboom
Season ticket renewal date was last Friday, they’ve got next seasons money in already
Not really about not renewing as there will always be someone to take up the ticket.

Point is a half empty stadium will bring pressure onto them. It wouldn’t make much difference in the short term but long term it could possibly force them to sell (along with other protests).

Can’t imagine the club sponsors would be that impressed if people stopped turning up to games etc? Which is all the glazers are interested in obviously

Unread 05-05-2019, 04:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Time for Green and Gold II
At least that would be something.

Unread 05-05-2019, 04:31 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
At least that would be something.
That'll be one of our next money making kits

Unread 05-05-2019, 05:05 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
The dark side of Fergie's legacy, sad as it is.

Harder questions should have been asked when we were jettisoning Ronaldo and Tevez and replacing them with Valencia and Owen.

In the years City were signing Aguero and Kompany, we were getting Ashley Young and Chris Smalling.

Those kinds of players have been pivotal in City's dominance, and in our descent into mediocrity.

The "footballers" we have at the club now are the sports' equivalent of disaster capitalists, at what other ambitious club would a player who can't control a football be captain?
An average player signed as squad filler becoming captain and senior pro at united, after 700m has been spent on it. Perfect illustration of the mismanagement of the club.

Unread 05-05-2019, 06:54 PM
AK14

Unread 05-05-2019, 06:57 PM
dunk

Been injured for about 3 of his 5 seasons there, bad ones too. He’s £#%&!ed.

Unread 05-05-2019, 06:57 PM
andyroo

Probably us swapping Rashford for him the way things are going

Unread 05-05-2019, 08:38 PM
20leFraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
The dark side of Fergie's legacy, sad as it is.

Harder questions should have been asked when we were jettisoning Ronaldo and Tevez and replacing them with Valencia and Owen.

In the years City were signing Aguero and Kompany, we were getting Ashley Young and Chris Smalling.

Those kinds of players have been pivotal in City's dominance, and in our descent into mediocrity.

The "footballers" we have at the club now are the sports' equivalent of disaster capitalists, at what other ambitious club would a player who can't control a football be captain?
Alex was complicit in the cover up. No manager, who would be willing to walk off to continental giants, would be willing to trade in what was effectively 450+ future goals for 35 or so future goals.

It was criminal beyond belief. It's why I don't trust a single thing that he's said for close to a decade now.

Unread 05-05-2019, 08:41 PM
puressence

He’s going Ipswich

Unread 05-05-2019, 08:53 PM
20leFraud

Buy Onana from ajax.
Buy Wan Bissaka, Koulibaly, Varane, Ferland Mendy
Buy N'Dombele, Nicolas Pepe, Jadon Sancho

Sell: DDG, Lukaku, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Young, Shaw, Matic, Sanchez, Lingard

Would love to see this XI:

Onana, Wan Bissaka, Koulibaly, Varane, Mendy, N'Dombele, Pogba, Pepe, Sancho, Martial, Rashford

Unread 05-05-2019, 09:50 PM
andyroo

Want: Onana

Get: onanists

Unread 05-05-2019, 10:02 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20leFraud
Buy Onana from ajax.
Buy Wan Bissaka, Koulibaly, Varane, Ferland Mendy
Buy N'Dombele, Nicolas Pepe, Jadon Sancho

Sell: DDG, Lukaku, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Young, Shaw, Matic, Sanchez, Lingard

Would love to see this XI:

Onana, Wan Bissaka, Koulibaly, Varane, Mendy, N'Dombele, Pogba, Pepe, Sancho, Martial, Rashford
Too obvious fuzzy....

Unread 06-05-2019, 08:35 AM
Coracao

If we don't buy a striker the manager may as well hand his resignation in.

Unread 06-05-2019, 08:58 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Not sure about the last bit but it has to be his priority.

Ditch lukaku, ditch Sanchez, retain Rashford but use him as a 2nd striker.

Possibly ditch martial too because he’s poison. Still feel martial might come good though

Unread 06-05-2019, 09:13 AM
shenwen

Like for like replacements to begin. Need to start with new full backs imo. Seriously holding us back. Ditch Young and Shaw.
Think Martial and Lukaku will leave so need direct replacements (same for any of Herrera, Mata, Pogba, De Gea if they do leave)
Aside from that a new right sided player and a CB.

What a mess. Could replace every single player in the team and I wouldn’t bat an eye lid. Not one single first team player aside from Lindelof could make a case worth listening to.

Unread 06-05-2019, 09:15 AM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

Possibly ditch martial too because he’s poison. Still feel martial might come good though
Surely that's a centre back?

I'd rather start with Rashford up front next season than see Smalling, Jones, Rojo ever play again. I'm not overly convinced on lindelof either. He just looks slightly better than the others

Unread 06-05-2019, 09:25 AM
MUFCOK

A brand new central midfield should be the priority and then work from there. Get three new players in the middle of the midfield and the defence and attack will improve too, not to title challengers but it will take the team up levels and from there we can build the defence and attack.

Nicolo Barella should be considered.

Unread 06-05-2019, 09:27 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
Surely that's a centre back?
For me it's midfield we need to address.

Good signs

Unread 06-05-2019, 09:28 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

You still believe in Father Christmas as well pal
Closed Thread