United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-07-2021, 08:46 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
This will happen. Camavinga wont.
I think Cammers will be forced to leave this summer by Rennes. His contract expires in a year. So if the likes of PSG and Madrid dont have him as part of their plans this summer youd imagine we have a great shot. Signing someone like Varane will also boost our status and make it more attractive for others to join.

Unread 14-07-2021, 09:01 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
I think Cammers will be forced to leave this summer by Rennes. His contract expires in a year. So if the likes of PSG and Madrid dont have him as part of their plans this summer youd imagine we have a great shot. Signing someone like Varane will also boost our status and make it more attractive for others to join.
Not a bad way of looking at things.

Unread 14-07-2021, 09:40 AM
MUFC One Love

It's to good to be true. He would be a huge signing.

Wan-Bissaka
Varane
Magure
Shaw

That is a very good defence. Could see a back 3 if we signed Trippier but I can't see us having the funds. If we get Varane I reckon they will have to sell to buy anyone else. They're also sorting a new contract for Fernandes and Shaw.

Unread 14-07-2021, 09:41 AM
AK14

Still think we’ll miss out.

Unread 14-07-2021, 09:55 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Madrid or PSG imo. Murmers he wants to stay in France, if the price is reasonable, Madrid will hock a European Cup for the dough.

Unread 14-07-2021, 10:10 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It's to good to be true. He would be a huge signing.

Wan-Bissaka
Varane
Magure
Shaw

That is a very good defence.
Looks good on paper, but still questions on the goalkeeper position, for me.

De Gea is finished after his craven performance in the Europa League final, and Henderson still looks dodgy at times. He's very short for a top 'keeper.

No idea why we haven't been all over Donnarumma over the last year. I suspect his wage demands, combined with De Gea's current wages, were the problem. PSG, ffs.

Unread 14-07-2021, 10:13 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Looks good on paper, but still questions on the goalkeeper position, for me.

De Gea is finished after his craven performance in the Europa League final, and Henderson still looks dodgy at times. He's very short for a top 'keeper.

No idea why we haven't been all over Donnarumma over the last year. I suspect his wage demands, combined with De Gea's current wages, were the problem. PSG, ffs.
Yeah there's no way you could go for Donnarumma while still having De Gea on the books
De Gea is still probably on a higher wage than Donnarumma

Unread 14-07-2021, 10:47 AM
Pop

You know who is his agent too

Criminal.

Unread 14-07-2021, 06:42 PM
Long tongue phooey

His family will hate it in Manchester and he will leave after a year

Unread 14-07-2021, 07:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long tongue phooey
His family will hate it in Manchester and he will leave after a year
That's the spirit

Unread 14-07-2021, 09:10 PM
MUFCOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
No idea why we haven't been all over Donnarumma over the last year.
Donnarumma's agent is Mino Raiola so thats probably got something to do with it.

Unread 15-07-2021, 08:23 AM
Vedder

Looks like this is going on happen, probably not the player he was but next to Maguire you have to say that looks formidable

Unread 15-07-2021, 11:26 AM
Bunker Buster

Done deal

Unread 15-07-2021, 11:34 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Done deal
Seems so..

Talk we'll go back for Trippier as well and he's going to force the issue.

Lack of midfield links / targets makes me nervous, I don't want to watch another season of McFred by default and Pogba pirouetting himself into a hole

Unread 15-07-2021, 11:43 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Seems so..

https://twitter.com/ElTransistorOC/s...137080835?s=20

Lack of midfield links / targets makes me nervous, I don't want to watch another season of McFred by default and Pogba pirouetting himself into a hole
"united's offer will arrive in a few days."

trippier wants to move to the pl, but can we afford him?

obvs, the midfield is the number one priority. so far.... nothing.

Unread 15-07-2021, 11:51 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Seems so..

https://twitter.com/ElTransistorOC/s...137080835?s=20

There is simply no way we can go into another season not seriously addressing the midfield situation

Unread 15-07-2021, 12:06 PM
jem

depending on who you believe, xhaka is available for €15mm or was just kidding and is going nowhere.

Unread 15-07-2021, 12:09 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
There is simply no way we can go into another season not seriously addressing the midfield situation
Gotta wonder whether he’s thinking 3 at the back and wing backs as a more regular option to take some of the pressure off cm. trippier shaw telles Williams Dalot Wan all pretty well suited to that system. Centre half trio from maguire, varane, lindelof, tuanz, shaw, wan, bailly

Unread 15-07-2021, 12:20 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Gotta wonder whether he’s thinking 3 at the back and wing backs as a more regular option to take some of the pressure off cm. trippier shaw telles Williams Dalot Wan all pretty well suited to that system. Centre half trio from maguire, varane, lindelof, tuanz, shaw, wan, bailly
makes sense. if we had trippier, no need for wan-b to come out of our half. trippier - wan-b - varane - maguire - shaw... as good a back line as you will find anywhere.

however, that still leaves us with a shit midfield. would like to see garner play for us. have a lot of time for mctog. but, if we don't buy midfielder... especially if pogba is either off or dreaming of being off (not that I would count him as a midfielder).... no £#%&!ing excuses.

Unread 15-07-2021, 12:22 PM
dunk

Need at least 1 CM at the absolute minimum. Matic is neither use nor ornament on the actual pitch which just leave Fred and The Scottish Player who actually play in midfield. Awful. Should be buying 2.
Closed Thread