United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 07-08-2021, 05:15 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
So, what you said about 4 posts ago then, before you weirdly started to suggest I want United players to fail.

Cool 👍

Really good responses to my points though equating to “you’re wrong” and “we’ll see”

Still holding out hope we will shift him and it’s all a bluff
I didn’t suggest anything, you said you’d be happy to see him do well on the pitch for someone else, the implication being you weren’t fussed about him doing well if he plays for us. You then realised how this came across and made a swift edit, no?

Sorry I can’t be arsed writing essays on Jesse Lingard though. I summed up my thoughts in a few lines, you should try it one day.

Unread 07-08-2021, 05:21 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I didn’t suggest anything, you said you’d be happy to see him do well on the pitch for someone else, the implication being you weren’t fussed about him doing well if he plays for us. You then realised how this came across and made a swift edit, no?

Sorry I can’t be arsed writing essays on Jesse Lingard though. I summed up my thoughts in a few lines, you should try it one day.
That wasn’t the implication. That was you misunderstanding a very simple point that I’d already expressed: I don’t want him at the club.

I edited to expand on the point.

No essay required, you can reply as succinctly as you like, but it is, ya know, a forum where we discuss things, and simply writing “you’re wrong” doesn’t do much for your side of the discussion.

Unread 07-08-2021, 05:23 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Goodbye/good buy. Potato/potarto.
Love to see what his 'following' would be when he's at west brom or Ipswich. The fake should be cast off, there's no more a player in him then there is in his videos

Unread 07-08-2021, 06:26 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Love to see what his 'following' would be when he's at west brom or Ipswich. The fake should be cast off, there's no more a player in him then there is in his videos
Never rated him - seems a once in a while good hit keeps him going sort. Works had but not in a Three Lung Park way, just runs a lot. Opposition are never concerned when he comes on as a sub, which says enough about the threat he poses.

Unread 07-08-2021, 07:37 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
And there we have it, a person creating a brand before they have even a hint of product - he really should jack it in and become a full time 'influencer' he seems to have more interest in that than football and the world of frauds is right down his street.

How any player could even consider making videos while they can't get near the squad tells us everything we need to know about the good Mr Lingard or your J-Lingz
Tom Cleverley was the original and "best" there tbf.

Unread 07-08-2021, 07:39 PM
20LEgend1999

Did he create the brand before or after he won us the FA Cup?

Unread 07-08-2021, 07:41 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Did he create the brand before or after he won us the FA Cup?
Lee Martin ‘won us an FA Cup’ once too. Don’t remember him Beanz beanz beanzing it up five years later, offering less and less on the pitch.

Unread 13-08-2021, 11:47 PM
Pop

The Jesse 2.0 project...

https://mol.im/a/9892059

I wish he'd just £#%&! off.

Unread 13-08-2021, 11:49 PM
armchair

for the love of god please someone sign him.

Unread 14-08-2021, 12:26 AM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
for the love of god please someone sign him.
That's your problem you see.
You want to be praying to Allah so he can get them rich Arabs to sign him

Unread 14-08-2021, 12:27 AM
ScarFace

Give him time, he's only young. It would be different if he was 29 in 4 months.

Unread 14-08-2021, 12:37 AM
tatty

If we can’t shift him then fine, leave him as a squad player or loan him out again.

As long as he doesn’t get a new contract.

Unread 14-08-2021, 07:45 AM
AK14

Have we actually sold anyone this summer?

Sick of this ‘protecting our assets’ shit

Just don’t give them a new contract and let them £#%&! off, not like we sell any of these duds.

Unread 14-08-2021, 02:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Have we actually sold anyone this summer?

Sick of this ‘protecting our assets’ shit

Just don’t give them a new contract and let them £#%&! off, not like we sell any of these duds.
I think we've actually been trying to shift some this summer, but that runs into the wages they are on here amongst other things. More brilliant business from football genius woowar.

Unread 15-08-2021, 10:40 PM
20LEgend1999

West Ham's 3rd keeper:

Unread 16-08-2021, 12:26 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
West Ham's 3rd keeper:

Unread 16-08-2021, 12:28 AM
armchair

wh are right idiots not snapping him up immediately. 20 mil, a bargain.

He made them a much better side.

Unread 16-08-2021, 07:43 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
wh are right idiots not snapping him up immediately. 20 mil, a bargain.

He made them a much better side.
Yeah this. I'm absolutely gagging to get rid of him, but West Ham would have to be mad to not sign someone that makes them better, wants to move and is at a club that actively wants to sell.

I did hear while watching coverage over the weekend (can't remember where) that West Ham owners may be looking to sell, and that could by why they've not put up the money to sign him. Probably more likely the owners are shite, but could have some merit.

Unread 16-08-2021, 07:45 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
West Ham's 3rd keeper:
Looks like we’re signing another keeper

Unread 16-08-2021, 08:13 AM
waynes ear's

Whilst you jest, he’s worse than Lee Grant

#value