United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 28-12-2021, 02:24 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
https://twitter.com/utdreport/status...841495552?s=21

Pogba being out the team has put him in the spotlight and it’s just come deep and lob the ball out for goal kicks as his “attacking play”
I actually agree with you in terms of how bad Bruno’s looked this season but where I completely disagree is using his performances to elevate Pogba - who it is never going to happen for here, he’s had multiple managers, squads and positions to prove it by now…

Unread 28-12-2021, 02:30 PM
dunk

Bruno played as a second striker under Ole, no midfield responsibility at all. As a result he managed goals and assists as he had license to push on constantly. He was often the player to be found furthest forward. I did mention this on here months ago and met the usual derision. You need a proper midfield behind him and basically play him as a false 9. The reason he looks shit atm is form/confidence, but also because Ronaldo is now holding the position he wants to be in and he is having to curtail his instincts to accommodate Ronaldo. He could be a playmaker/CAM if he was coached into it, but his natural instinct is to attack at all times, which leads to him rushing/constantly looking for the killer pass, even when a simpler option would be much better.

Still our best player, should probably be looking to build the team to get the best out of him, as Ole did tbh.

Pogba is a fraud, he does nothing and barely tries to do anything.

Unread 28-12-2021, 04:20 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

You have to worry that Herr Ralf won't be able to instil the 'system' with the personnel on offer. Very difficult to play a high press with the slowest CB in the league and the rest of the CBs not being much faster and the guys up front not being able for it or just not up for it.

Also, most of the teams we'll play will defend deep and be happy to surrender possession, which throws up the major problem we have when we are in possession, we are clueless in moving through the lines and don't have the players to do it. The 'movement' of the front four is literally nonexistent.

I hope Ralfie has a plan B because the geggenpress ain't happening with that lot.

Any hope of a top four finish is fading fast, happy new year.

Unread 28-12-2021, 04:27 PM
Bion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Honestly he needs to go. It’s embarrassing that he’s captain and that we paid 80m for him. He should be at a mid-table side, which is exactly what we are right now I suppose.

Will be one of the best days in recent history for the club when he’s gone - a true sign that we will be getting our shit together.
He should go back to Hull or Sheffield United
Where he belongs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Bruno played as a second striker under Ole, no midfield responsibility at all. As a result he managed goals and assists as he had license to push on constantly. He was often the player to be found furthest forward. I did mention this on here months ago and met the usual derision. You need a proper midfield behind him and basically play him as a false 9. The reason he looks shit atm is form/confidence, but also because Ronaldo is now holding the position he wants to be in and he is having to curtail his instincts to accommodate Ronaldo. He could be a playmaker/CAM if he was coached into it, but his natural instinct is to attack at all times, which leads to him rushing/constantly looking for the killer pass, even when a simpler option would be much better.

Still our best player, should probably be looking to build the team to get the best out of him, as Ole did tbh.

So Ole was coaching after all

Unread 28-12-2021, 04:34 PM
Dasilvatwins

Bruno has been bad lately as has everyone. Even then, it was his 40 yard pass to dalot that started our goal. As much as he needs dropping he is the best of a shite bunch.

Maguire is finished . The thing is, he is too slow to be our Cb . He is only going to get slower. You don’t ever get faster . I honestly think he is done at this level .

Varane had his first game back so I’m hoping that’s just down to lack of football and sharpness but maguire is finished. We need a new CB RB and two CMs

Unread 28-12-2021, 05:03 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
And they were all better than Harry Maguire.

Unread 28-12-2021, 05:26 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:

Fernandes to me is nothing but a flat track bully. Scoring great goals against the poorer teams under Ole but not amounting to much in the big games.

His passing is mostly off too, his form has taken a nose dive this season.

The amount of times that somebody lumped up a ball up top last night with nobody on the end of it was shocking.

The team has no cohesion, understanding or anything now.

Finally, Rashford needs sending on loan to League one or something - he's £#%&!ing shit. That attempted cross and all those dribbles that never amount to anything. Play him as a number 9 and let him at least play in his 'strongest' position or don't play him at all... it's all so demoralising.

Unread 28-12-2021, 05:41 PM
AK14

I get we were shit last night and we really really shit there’s no denying it

But this thread is crazy

From over analysing our better players like Bruno, Maguire and Ronaldo to calling Ralf “The German Steve Bruce”.

The guy has been in the job a month, trying to implement a new style, covid hit the squad, players have played under a novice manager for 3 years etc… it’s not going to be a quick fix, Things will get worse before getting better.

Unread 28-12-2021, 05:46 PM
dunk

Frustration and impatience innit.

They’ve not played for near 3 weeks and been wrestling with Covid in that time so haven’t trained regularly, plus are still dealing with low confidence etc. from this season as a whole and the change in regime. Hardly surprising they were shit last night.

Doesn’t mean we can’t be pissed off.

Unread 28-12-2021, 05:55 PM
AK14

Quote:
Frustration and impatience innit.

They’ve not played for near 3 weeks and been wrestling with Covid in that time so haven’t trained regularly, plus are still dealing with low confidence etc. from this season as a whole and the change in regime. Hardly surprising they were shit last night.

Doesn’t mean we can’t be pissed off.
Definitely.

I’m pissed of like everyone

But the over analysing of every single player is odd imo

Ronaldo has dragged us through much of the season but some now see him as the problem again. Bruno has pretty much played non stop and been our best and most consistent player since football returned after the covid stoppage, but now he’s in a bit of a slump he’s a flat track bully and a luxury player etc.

Unread 28-12-2021, 06:01 PM
dunk

There’s more than a bit of truth in all of it though. If they were all playing well, we wouldn’t notice and we’d be ‘getting away with it’ as we apparently did throughout Ole’s tenure. The arse has fallen out of the lot of them since sometime around Liverpool at OT last season, they’ve got gradually worse ever since with a few flashes of relief. £#%&! knows why

Unread 28-12-2021, 06:21 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

But this thread is crazy

From over analysing our better players like Bruno, Maguire and Ronaldo to calling Ralf “The German Steve Bruce”.

The guy has been in the job a month, trying to implement a new style, covid hit the squad, players have played under a novice manager for 3 years etc… it’s not going to be a quick fix, Things will get worse before getting better.
Stop being sensible FFS!

Unread 28-12-2021, 06:57 PM
Stickman

I do double take a little when people say Maguire is finished….

Like he ever started. Absolute shite bar a few runs of form here and there.

Unread 28-12-2021, 07:18 PM
puressence

Win a game 20 pages max. Draw £#%&! me all hell breaks loose.

Unread 28-12-2021, 07:19 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Win a game 20 pages max. Draw £#%&! me all hell breaks loose.
Not really. Chelsea away most were quite content.

Unread 28-12-2021, 07:46 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

But this thread is crazy

Maguire is done. He makes several mistakes each game. If you couldn’t see how slow was he on the turn and running back last night?! He has always been a slower player. He will be good in a Team that defends deep in numbers as I think he can put his body on the line but give him space and he will be taken to the cleaners.

He will only get slower. He is done.

Unread 28-12-2021, 07:50 PM
Whalefish

Quote:

But this thread is crazy

Agree with this.

Is there any point singing out Rangnick after what, 5mins at the club? That and he won't managing United next season, he'll be advising. I'm not so sure.

That said I don't see him being able to implement any style of play with the current squad members. It's not so much ability for me it's more a lack of attitude and a lack of balance in the squad. It'd be great if he could bring in 2 or 3 players that he knew would understand what he wanted and could lift the others but I just don't see United stumping up any cash for any new players, even if the right ones are cleared out in January.

Also, having currently got COVID, I can say the last thing I fancy doing is running around any sort of pitch for 90mins. Even when passed fit again no idea what the affects are going to be. Also, do Sky et al know what happened at Carrington? Last night they kept inferring the coaching and playing staff have had around 16 days to implement new tactics, system(s) etc. but Carrington was closed for at least 10 of them and when the players were welcomed back initial sessions were light to assess how everyone was post-COVID. It was as if United players and staff hadn't had it, feet up, etc.

Unread 28-12-2021, 08:32 PM
Sparky***

I'm still £#%&!ing seething about this performance tbh.

Should know better really considering I said this about 3 weeks ago...

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...postcount=1387

Unread 28-12-2021, 09:17 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Agree with this.

Is there any point singing out Rangnick after what, 5mins at the club? That and he won't managing United next season, he'll be advising. I'm not so sure.

That said I don't see him being able to implement any style of play with the current squad members. It's not so much ability for me it's more a lack of attitude and a lack of balance in the squad. It'd be great if he could bring in 2 or 3 players that he knew would understand what he wanted and could lift the others but I just don't see United stumping up any cash for any new players, even if the right ones are cleared out in January.

Also, having currently got COVID, I can say the last thing I fancy doing is running around any sort of pitch for 90mins. Even when passed fit again no idea what the affects are going to be. Also, do Sky et al know what happened at Carrington? Last night they kept inferring the coaching and playing staff have had around 16 days to implement new tactics, system(s) etc. but Carrington was closed for at least 10 of them and when the players were welcomed back initial sessions were light to assess how everyone was post-COVID. It was as if United players and staff hadn't had it, feet up, etc.
Postage

Unread 28-12-2021, 09:38 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'm still £#%&!ing seething about this performance tbh.

Should know better really considering I said this about 3 weeks ago...

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...postcount=1387
Same tbh

More or less every bastards turned up and slapped them on their own turf this season yet we barely looked like scoring.