Unread 06-05-2024, 10:55 PM
Stickman

That 4th goal is just a standard catch.

Unread 06-05-2024, 11:10 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers View Post
Completely and utterly £#%&!.

This signing, along with Antony, after having already managed them will do for him.

£130 million on two utter bags of shit.
Not remotely up for debate. Antony’s easily up there as being one of the worst signings in our history. Onana isn’t that far behind too. Both 100% ETH choices. Both unnecessary and massively overpriced when other areas needed strengthening. It’s an appalling charge sheet against him - but also shows an arrogance that he thought these absolute frauds could perform in this league and for this team.

I’d be more sympathetic towards Erik if it wasn’t for both of these - Antony especially. We’d just got rid of an ineffective #@&%! in Lingard and then he saddle’s us with these utter #@&%!s.

Struggle to get £20m for both atm. Shocking business.

Unread 06-05-2024, 11:26 PM
Neo

Cool

We have to remember.

We have to rebuild.

We have to come back stronger.

We have to bring him home.

Unread 06-05-2024, 11:42 PM
Buck

The shot at the end which hit the post is a perfect example of how rooted to the spot his feet are. He ends up watching the ball come off the post crouched down when it was a rising shot.

https://dubz.co/v/p9bzf1

I'm no goalkeeper coach but I don't know how you can change that at his age. It seems like the most basic thing as a goalkeeper to not be flat footed.

Unread 07-05-2024, 12:08 AM
Baron

I can’t stand him, he’s a fraud. Bold football? Playing out from the back and changing the game? The @#%&! can’t even save something in the middle of the goal ffs, let alone this mythical passing quality he hides.

One of the worst signings in our history. Alongside Antony. Dutch frauds run through us, it’s a piss take.

Unread 07-05-2024, 03:13 AM
shenwen

Should have saved at least two of the goals. Even his saves are done badly. One late in the second half that he pushed dramatically out for a corner. 99% of goalies would have just caught it. Was optimistic for a while as he wasn't making as many mistakes but his basic ability as a goalkeeper is pretty shocking.

Unread 07-05-2024, 07:23 AM
jem

barney onanagram.

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:12 AM
ZiggyStardust

Let's be honest he's £#%&!ing shit
Forget his obvious howlers this season, how many shots have just gone past him when you think, wait shouldn't he have saved that

He's meant to be world class with the ball at his feet but he just boots it up the pitch all the time and he doesn't even do that properly

With everything that needs to change this summer he'll probably survive the cull

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:17 AM
armchair

Least of our worries.

It's funny how often he has to hit it aimlessly long, though. That cracks me up.

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:20 AM
Lok

There's a player in there but he seems to lack concentration. One minute he'll pull off a world class save and the next minute it meekly goes through his hands or under his body.

He's clearly not an upgrade on DDG. His ability on the ball was massively overstated in the build up to his arrival. It felt like he was going to come in and give us the ability to play a completely different style of football. We knew he wasn't the best shot stopper but thought his range of passing and calmness on the ball would have enabled us to build and structure our attacks better. The opposite seems true.

More wasted money.

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:38 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lok View Post
there's a player in there but he seems to lack concentration. One minute he'll pull off a world class save and the next minute it meekly goes through his hands or under his body.

He's clearly not an upgrade on ddg. His ability on the ball was massively overstated in the build up to his arrival. It felt like he was going to come in and give us the ability to play a completely different style of football. We knew he wasn't the best shot stopper but thought his range of passing and calmness on the ball would have enabled us to build and structure our attacks better. The opposite seems true.

More wasted money.

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:45 AM
armchair

He's like the T-rex from Toy Story.

Unread 07-05-2024, 11:08 AM
jem

Unread 07-05-2024, 01:21 PM
shenwen

Almost every game this season I've thought the opposition's keeper looked better than Onana Not sure if Henderson fits this theory as I can't remember him even being tested last night.

Unread 07-05-2024, 01:25 PM
magic_cantona

I was genuinely chuffed when we signed this bastard.

How the turntables.

Unread 07-05-2024, 03:08 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
Almost every game this season I've thought the opposition's keeper looked better than Onana Not sure if Henderson fits this theory as I can't remember him even being tested last night.
He's the worst keeper in the league. (Onana not the cap goalie)

Unread 07-05-2024, 03:09 PM
marlo

I told you guys about this in the summer, you didn’t listen!

I think it was me and Jem only against this signing!

Unread 07-05-2024, 03:18 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
I told you guys about this in the summer, you didn’t listen!

I think it was me and Jem only against this signing!
You also said Haaland would struggle. He’s currently top scorer with 25 goals.

Unread 07-05-2024, 03:26 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
You also said Haaland would struggle. He’s currently top scorer with 25 goals.
I would like to say I got that right, too, but... seriously... haaland struggle?

Unread 07-05-2024, 07:00 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
I can’t stand him, he’s a fraud. Bold football? Playing out from the back and changing the game? The @#%&! can’t even save something in the middle of the goal ffs, let alone this mythical passing quality he hides.

One of the worst signings in our history. Alongside Antony. Dutch frauds run through us, it’s a piss take.
beek