United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 21-09-2023, 11:08 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It doesn't look like it.

Rooney was Everton through and through. I never saw him jogging around after he'd lost the ball though.

Pointing to his head like he's some mentality monster.

We're paying Rashford, Sancho and Maguire £1m a week. That's really bad.
*shrugs* in Rashford.

Unread 21-09-2023, 11:35 PM
ZiggyStardust

I’ll tell you what happened with Rashford

When he first started playing for Utd he was full of enthusiasm and energy like any teenage would getting their first taste of first team football

Jose came in and sucked the joy out of his football but he worked hard off the ball
Any wide player under Jose is expected to track back and away against Liverpool and City he was basically another full back

Then Ole was appointed and he brought some joy back into Rashford’s football however he also allowed him not to track back so he could “cheat” and take advantage on counter attacks of the space left by their full backs

Rashford got used to not working hard and tracking back and I’m not sure ETH or anyone manager is going to get him back to that work rate he once had

ETH clearly wants him to as when asked before the Wolves game how Rashford could improve on last season he said pressing without a seconds thought
Under Ole he was allowed to develop this entitled attitude that he doesn’t need to work hard like the rest of the players and I don’t think he can be changed now

Unread 22-09-2023, 12:15 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
It's damning but not the first time we've seen it. Then he'll come good and start banging the goals in. Should have hit the ground running this season but do we give him the benefit because the entire team is out of form? We haven't been able to field our best 11 yet either. But, he's looking like he's played 40 games already.
He's been here in the first team nine years. He's a senior player on a big contract and should be leading by example, not turning into Lingard.

Unread 22-09-2023, 05:51 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It doesn't look like it.

Scored 30+ goals last season representing this fine city on and off the field.....

Oooo he was hogging, ooooo he runs down blind alleys....

Unread 22-09-2023, 07:20 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I bet it isn’t.

Unread 22-09-2023, 07:30 AM
My Name is Heath

Sometimes in a zombie movie even the hero gets infected

He’s a great guy but he has finally caught a severe case of shit@#%&!itis.

Give him early retirement or else he may suffer when we inevitably bayonet the wounded.

Unread 22-09-2023, 07:30 AM
Ethers

1 goal and 2 assists already. So basically responsible for a third of our goals already this season. And this is when he’s not even in top form.

Vital.

Unread 22-09-2023, 07:35 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
We probably could've sold him and got Kane in the summer.

I think he's adjusting to not being the main man. He'll be a better player for it and will score more and assist more than he will trying to do it all himself. He's a huge talent. I think he's self-sabotaging thinking he has to try score wondergoals all the time.

Half the forums heads would have exploded.

Unread 22-09-2023, 08:06 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Sometimes in a zombie movie even the hero gets infected

He’s a great guy but he has finally caught a severe case of shit@#%&!itis.

Give him early retirement or else he may suffer when we inevitably bayonet the wounded.
Again.

Unread 22-09-2023, 08:26 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
1 goal and 2 assists already. So basically responsible for a third of our goals already this season. And this is when he’s not even in top form.

Vital.
Yeah but there's a twitter video of him jogging and he drives an expensive car....

Unread 22-09-2023, 08:50 AM
Stickman

There’s plenty clips from the last 2 games of his token jogging when he’s more than close enough to close the player down at least a little.

Unread 22-09-2023, 08:52 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
There’s plenty clips from the last 2 games of his token jogging when he’s more than close enough to close the player down at least a little.
Huge if true.

Unread 22-09-2023, 09:05 AM
Hyman_Roth

He’s too hit and miss to be a great player. Brilliant when he’s on it and terrible when he’s not. The main reason for that is his mentality imo. He comes across as an entitled sulky @#%&! quite a bit of the time.

Can’t ever remember thinking ‘Rooney’s really sulking today’ or look at RVN’s cob on. I’m sure they both did but Rashford really comes across as being like that too often.

Unread 22-09-2023, 09:24 AM
Coracao

Inconsistent, but capable of scoring or creating a goal. Indifferent and often poor decision making. Defensively a liability as he often pretty much gives up when he loses the ball.

He is playing at his normal level. His form post World Cup is an anomaly when you look at his career overall, until he proves he can deliver that level on a regular basis.

Unread 22-09-2023, 09:46 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Huge if true.
More a moderate concern I’d say.

Unread 22-09-2023, 09:57 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:

Vital.
Lies. Damned lies. Statistics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Yeah but there's a twitter video of him jogging and he drives an expensive car....
You’re better than this Bunks.

That’s like saying Peter Sutcliffe had many days of peaceful, safe trucking.

Unread 22-09-2023, 10:05 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Scored 30+ goals last season representing this fine city on and off the field.....

Surprised you're backing Rashford over Erik on this. You think Erik wants another £350k a week player who won't follow his instructions but is politically difficult to drop or discipline?

Unread 22-09-2023, 10:32 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Vital.
Hope Bunksy wunksy approves

Quote:

Represents the city my arse. Himself. Lingard mkII. State.

Yep. You’ve got it. Still ahead of VdB though.

Unread 22-09-2023, 10:35 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
He’s too hit and miss to be a great player. Brilliant when he’s on it and terrible when he’s not. The main reason for that is his mentality imo. He comes across as an entitled sulky @#%&! quite a bit of the time.

Can’t ever remember thinking ‘Rooney’s really sulking today’ or look at RVN’s cob on. I’m sure they both did but Rashford really comes across as being like that too often.
Agreed. Clearly a great player on his day but doesn't string together too many days like that. Had that incredible run last season when he was banging them in from all angles. And then went totally flat. I'm going being played regularly on the wing will help.

I wonder if Rashford is one of the ones apparently not happy with the signings. Hard to blame him if so tbf.

Unread 22-09-2023, 11:07 AM
My Name is Heath

It’s all a moot point anyway

We struggle with homegrown players

Don’t we need 8 or 9 in the squad?

Rashford isn’t going anywhere