United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-08-2012, 04:33 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Correct. Which is why the Chinese, Japanese and Korean players will take on an even more prominent role in the years to come.
Yes, even better because they have a good attitude AND some can actually play.

I think this Kagawa lad is going to be immense.

Unread 08-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney Red
There was a time when players were excited about being linked to United. They knew we were the best team in England and would be challenging for all the major trophies. Now it's just about the £#%&!ing money and waiting for enough players to be bought and being paid exorbitant wages to win a trophy!

The games completely and utterly £#%&!ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
i dont think this is 100% true, if the money was even. I think the very best players would choose a club with prestige over money.

history counts for an awful lot. a lot of people are snobs, and we are the better brand of club there is no doubt about that.

if pound for pound kia and ferrari ( we are ferrari) made the exact same car at the same price, you would choose the ferrari because of the history and appeal of the brand.

But it's not which is kinda my point. It's like choosing the Kia, and oh by the way here's a shitload more cash as well.

throb yeah I agree it's a shame, but that's the way of most in the football world I'd say. I absolute love players like Ole, Scholesy because they at least appear to have some integrity and love the club. But it's still about the two base factors for the top players, chance of trophies and money. And at the moment, particularly in terms of the PL, City have just as much chance of winning the league as we've seen, but they can also pay a shitload more.

Unread 08-08-2012, 05:34 PM
celtbion

Can't get over this:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/jessicas-go...081656518.html

I think you guys are just way too soft on kids these days.

Unread 08-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Switching Off

Sao Poalo confirmed it and their website crashes

Unread 08-08-2012, 06:32 PM
The Watcher

Unread 08-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Rhodzy

Always been a smokescreen.

Unread 08-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Switching Off

Well we had a good look but in the end the lad wanted to play for PSG

Unread 08-08-2012, 06:36 PM
plopborsky

BREAKING NEWS on skysports

Unread 08-08-2012, 06:42 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
BREAKING NEWS on skysports
Well, they are a bit short at the moment

Unread 08-08-2012, 06:51 PM
djsst

Bob's giving twitter a miss tonight . :shakehead:

Unread 08-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Pop

Seriously, who gives a flying £#%&!? Most of us never even heard of the little #@&%! a month ago. Let him £#%&! off to £#%&!ing Paris and may the @#%&! fall off the £#%&!ing Eiffel Tower.

Unread 08-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Gashman

Thank £#%&!. Move on. Sahin thread now please!

Unread 08-08-2012, 07:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Ronaldo will always be one of a kind in my eyes. He was already playing in Europe and showed way more on the ball than I have seen on Lucas (on youtube) Seems pointless comparing them. An expensive gamble we can't afford to take.
Ronaldo was an expensive gamble too tbf. Just doesn't look like it now.

Fergie obviously wanted another wide player with a bit of unpredictability, probably sick of knowing exactly what's going to happen whenever Young or Valencia gets the ball. Tried Hazard and Lucas and were gazumped by Billionaires for both. There aren't many players of that ilk about, so it's disappointing.

Unread 08-08-2012, 07:35 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Ronaldinho.
Now, maybe.

Unread 08-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Ashley's Grime

Top quality dawdling (sp) by United.

NVITM.

Unread 08-08-2012, 07:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Ronaldo cost £12 million, not £30 million. Him and Quaresma were known of before that friendly.
Lucas was 'known of' before we bid for him.

Ronaldo cost approx. 50% of what Beckham want for, Lucas was less than 50% of what Ronaldo went for...

Unread 08-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Sparky***

Lock

this

pile

of

shit

Unread 08-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Ronaldo was an expensive gamble too tbf. Just doesn't look like it now.

Fergie obviously wanted another wide player with a bit of unpredictability, probably sick of knowing exactly what's going to happen whenever Young or Valencia gets the ball. Tried Hazard and Lucas and were gazumped by Billionaires for both. There aren't many players of that ilk about, so it's disappointing.
Ronaldo wasn't an expensive gamble, he was cheap as chips bargain basement bullshit in a summer of djemba and kleberson being swapped for Beckham and United trouserd the Veron bonus money.

Unread 08-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Ashley's Grime

^ Don't forget Liam Miller and David Bellion.

Unread 08-08-2012, 08:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Ronaldo wasn't an expensive gamble, he was cheap as chips bargain basement bullshit in a summer of djemba and kleberson being swapped for Beckham and United trouserd the Veron bonus money.

I have no idea if you mean that or are being sarcastic
Closed Thread