United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-08-2012, 01:07 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
It was a cover for Neymar. hahahahahahha
It was a cover for Fergie to have a few more days off on the piss.

Unread 08-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
It was a cover for Fergie to have a few more days off on the piss.
i'd say he thinks we're all mugs, laughs at us while he's trying to balance himself at a table, shirt untucked, bobby C in tears laughing, gill ordering another three gins. :shakehead:

Unread 08-08-2012, 01:32 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
i'd say he thinks we're all mugs, laughs at us while he's trying to balance himself at a table, shirt untucked, bobby C in tears laughing, gill ordering another three gins. :shakehead:
"Charge it to 'Red Football' garcon"

Unread 08-08-2012, 01:33 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
gill ordering another three gins. :shakehead:
Then a glass of wine each for himself and bobby.

Unread 08-08-2012, 01:55 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

You need to snap out of that dream real £#%&!ing quick, pal. Gill and Fergie are probably working around the clock to find a way of £#%&!ing up any chance United have of bringing in Sahin or Martinez.
Where is that bastard Gill this summer anyway?? You usually can't shut him up this time of year - "We're still competitive in the transfer Market. Signings?..there might be 1 or 2 but it's difficult"

IHWWIG tonight :crystalball:

Unread 08-08-2012, 01:56 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Where is that bastard Gill this summer anyway?? You usually can't shut him up this time of year - "We're still competitive in the transfer Market. Signings?..there might be 1 or 2 but it's difficult"

MIA with Fergie.

Unread 08-08-2012, 02:02 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

Lazy @#%&! was at Olympics the other night. :shakehead:

Unread 08-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Tumescent Throb

Sad news about PSG. Apparently the player reckons Manchester is boring as £#%&! and United's fans are moaning @#%&!s

I was certain signing Moura would enable United to finally break through into the big-time as well

Unread 08-08-2012, 02:09 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Sad news about PSG. Apparently the player reckons Manchester is boring as £#%&! and United's fans are moaning @#%&!s

I was certain signing Moura would enable United to finally break through into the big-time as well
Yep, that is exactly what people are saying Throb. Well done for managing to change an argument to cover for Joel and the boys, again.

Unread 08-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Yep, that is exactly what people are saying Throb. Well done for managing to change an argument to cover for Joel and the boys, again.
you appear to have imagined the bit between what I posted and what you replied.

Unread 08-08-2012, 02:43 PM
utd99

Quote:

When you hear a boy is taking life advice from Robinho you might just have dodged a bullet.

Unread 08-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Tronics

Even that Ki from South Korea who plays for Celtic would improve us and he would cost a fraction of Moura's fee but SAF thinks we need another winger

Unread 08-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Tronics

Quote:

What a collosual top red wannabe you are

Unread 08-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
What a collosual top red wannabe you are
nope. sorry. i cannot decipher your post.

Unread 08-08-2012, 03:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
for four years. I love the 70's united fans who talk like they had to endure sexton all their childhood. you have the doc and ron atkinson either side of sextion who were hardly tame.
Docherty got us relegated. Atkinson blew what remains our best ever start in the league. It wasn't all roses

Unread 08-08-2012, 03:37 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
I know, I know, people have no interest in this really but if you're an Irish sports follower such as myself, you spend the summer watching amateur lads in hurling demonstrating unbelieveable commitment on and off the field for NO money and then you switch back to watching gooballs like Moura, Nani, Anderson, Ravel Morrison, it's hard to take for at least four to six weeks.

It's no wonder so many very very average Irish lads can make a career in football just with a decent attitude.
Correct. Which is why the Chinese, Japanese and Korean players will take on an even more prominent role in the years to come.

Unread 08-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney Red
There was a time when players were excited about being linked to United. They knew we were the best team in England and would be challenging for all the major trophies. Now it's just about the £#%&!ing money and waiting for enough players to be bought and being paid exorbitant wages to win a trophy!

The games completely and utterly £#%&!ed.
Slightly contradictory post, if you don't mind me saying.

Can I just ask, why are people so outraged at the likes of City, PSG buying up the top players? They're doing it with cash, the same way we've always bought players (at least until recently ). The only difference is, in modern day terms, we 'built' our empire through shrewd marketing etc that plays very well on the history of the club.

Can someone name the players we've bought since the early 90's who came to us because of our history? Because it's a load of shit. Players go where:

A) The money is

and

B) Where they have the biggest chance of getting a trophy

And it's been that way since Sky/EPL

So of course they'll 'choose' (via their agent) the likes of city, PSG. They're getting a whopping, obscene amount of money and the chance to win trophies. It's never been about history ffs, that's just a convenient statement for the press when they've just signed. Players like suarez going on about the 'history' of liverpool £#%&! off.

about 0.00000000001% of players think like we do. They're in a business in which they're the commodity, the asset. Like they care about history Football's been '£#%&!ed' in that sense for years and yet people are still shocked when we don't end up with the top name players.

Unread 08-08-2012, 03:54 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Am_Paul_Parker

Can I just ask, why are people so outraged at the likes of City, PSG buying up the top players? They're doing it with cash, the same way we've always bought players (at least until recently ). The only difference is, in modern day terms, we 'built' our empire through shrewd marketing etc that plays very well on the history of the club.

Can someone name the players we've bought since the early 90's who came to us because of our history? Because it's a load of shit. Players go where:

A) The money is

and

So of course they'll 'choose' (via their agent) the likes of city, PSG. They're getting a whopping, obscene amount of money and the chance to win trophies. It's never been about history ffs, that's just a convenient statement for the press when they've just signed. Players like suarez going on about the 'history' of liverpool £#%&! off.

about 0.00000000001% of players think like we do. They're in a business in which they're the commodity, the asset. Like they care about history Football's been '£#%&!ed' in that sense for years and yet people are still shocked when we don't end up with the top name players.
Truth.

Unread 08-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

A) The money is

and

the key point though is that when a top player signs for a top club like United they know it has history and tradition, they know they'll have the chance to play with other top players and they know they'll be expected to compete at he top of the sport. and they also know that with that comes a top wage and commercial opportunities. these are all givens.

what's happened is that the going rate has been hugely distorted and some of the traditional top sides are resisting matching it. bayern reached the CL final twice in the last 3 seasons, United 3 times in the last 5. players still have a decision to make between absolute top wgaes possible and a more traditional package of high earnings and career fulfullment.

the problem with all this cynicism is that it corrodes the soul - people find it almost impossible to see past the cynical pov. Not everyone in life is so cynical and that must hold true in football as well. Some people will always move jobs for more money, whilst others will accept a more realistic top wage in return for greater quality of life.

i feel a bit sorry for people who've lost sight of this truth tbh.

Unread 08-08-2012, 04:30 PM
silv

Quote:

A) The money is

and

i dont think this is 100% true, if the money was even. I think the very best players would choose a club with prestige over money.

history counts for an awful lot. a lot of people are snobs, and we are the better brand of club there is no doubt about that.

if pound for pound kia and ferrari ( we are ferrari) made the exact same car at the same price, you would choose the ferrari because of the history and appeal of the brand.
Closed Thread