Question Juan Sebastián Verón

Thoughts?

Unread 06-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

amazing player.

gutted he didn't work out for us

Unread 06-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Cantona's collar

Fasntastic player, we sold him too soon.

rebelcountyred

i thought he was a classy player, was disappointed when he left as i would have given him one more season.

ethelred

He's left chelski.

Unread 06-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Part 36 Offer

Probably the technically most gifted player i've seen but he just couldn't cut it in the Premiership at the time-for us or Chelsea.

We did well to get half our money back.

Unread 06-07-2007, 10:30 AM
puressence

brilliant player ..shite manager who didnt know how to get the best out of him

Unread 06-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Father Christmas

Would he have succeeded if the team had been built around him rather than just trying to fit him in? Or was he always doomed to fail in England?

Unread 06-07-2007, 10:31 AM
El Calafate

legend. nft.

Unread 06-07-2007, 10:33 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
brilliant player ..shite manager who didnt know how to get the best out of him

Ranieri has just been made manager of Juventus, he can't be that bad

Unread 06-07-2007, 10:35 AM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
Would he have succeeded if the team had been built around him rather than just trying to fit him in? Or was he always doomed to fail in England?
I think he would of been outstanding if we had built a team around him but we had a midfield 4 that where practically undroppable.
I can't understand why we bought a £28million player that we had no need for, the plan seemed to be to try and shoehorn him in and hope it worked, what it resulted in was a formation that confused not just the fans but the players too.
Fergie's antics with Veron not only £#%&!ed Veron up but Scholes too, neither of them had the foggiest where they were supposed to be at any one time.

Unread 06-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Part 36 Offer

[quote=Cantona's collar;422866]I think he would of been outstanding if we had built a team around him but we had a midfield 4 that where practically undroppable.
I can't understand why we bought a £28million player that we had no need for, QUOTE]

Europe.

Unread 06-07-2007, 01:03 PM
banquo's cat

[quote=Carrick;422900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar
I think he would of been outstanding if we had built a team around him but we had a midfield 4 that where practically undroppable.
I can't understand why we bought a £28million player that we had no need for, QUOTE]

Europe.
well that worked didnt it!

Fergie being a little optimistic about a team being able to keep its shape and impetus while being swapped and changed every 2 weeks...

fantastic player, just wrong place wrong time
and he couldn't tackle.

Unread 06-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Lok

My mate who's a city fan reckons that Sven is going to bring him to city. Can't see it myself just passing on the news.

Unread 06-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Stickman

Brilliant technically.

doesnt like it up him.

Therefore not suited to the Premiership.

Lazy.

Great vision.

Unread 06-07-2007, 02:33 PM
thatsfuctit

[quote=Carrick;422900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar

Europe.

I agree, our midfield had been sussed in Europe by the better teams, and he was supposed to provide the guile - and we saw his best performances in the CL, I was amazed when we let him go in the same summer as Beckham.

Unread 06-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Whip Hubley

never have and never will be as excited as any signing with seba. should have become a legend. one of the few things that fergie has got glaringly wrong in his career imo

he's the most talented player i've ever seen play - including cantona

Unread 06-07-2007, 02:43 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

can't believe we got rid of him just after Beckham went, if he'd have stayed at this time then i', convinced he would have worked out

Unread 06-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

the timing looked odd - he had a fantastic pre season and was improving all the time. then his back gave out at chelsea - maybe we knew something they didn't

when he played well for us (everton springs to mind) he was a world beater. he was that good argentina developed a team around him, we tried to squeeze him where he wouldn't fit

Unread 06-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Smirking Revenge
the timing looked odd - he had a fantastic pre season and was improving all the time. then his back gave out at chelsea - maybe we knew something they didn't

when he played well for us (everton springs to mind) he was a world beater. he was that good argentina developed a team around him, we tried to squeeze him where he wouldn't fit
that was the only thing i knew about which made sense - a deep lying back problem , although it hasn't exactly reared its ugly head...

still, case of right player wrong time perhaps
Closed Thread