Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 18-10-2023, 11:06 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

We back to Ole’s buys weren’t his picks? :

Unread 18-10-2023, 11:44 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
you lot will not blame ETH for just about anything including why we are mid table after spending 200m+ million for the 2nd season in a row so I don't expect you to criticise or apportion any blame to him now.
Keep on topic, let's not look at the whataboutery here.

The manager gave him three months off on full pay to get his head right. He has turned up late for training more than once and there are clearly still issues.

He's another child who can't handle being told off. One of Ole's prima donnas who we should have cut loose. Quite why we paid no heed to the reports coming out of City then Dortmund that he was a problem, I don't know. This all comes back to us not appointing a proven director of football after Mourinho left.

Unread 18-10-2023, 01:02 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Keep on topic, let's not look at the whataboutery here.

The manager gave him three months off on full pay to get his head right. He has turned up late for training more than once and there are clearly still issues.

He's another child who can't handle being told off. One of Ole's prima donnas who we should have cut loose. Quite why we paid no heed to the reports coming out of City then Dortmund that he was a problem, I don't know. This all comes back to us not appointing a proven director of football after Mourinho left.
the issue is the fact the manager has favourites ffs

you can’t motivate a player that knows there’s nothing he can do to get in the team ahead of inferior favourites.

I’d suspect garnacho feels the same. He should be cutting his teeth in the starting line up more times that not.

sancho is rightfully not having in and will leave and reignite his career elsewhere.

Unread 18-10-2023, 01:06 PM
Finport Red

Quote:

you can’t motivate a player that knows there’s
I’d suspect garnacho feels the same. He should be cutting his teeth in the starting line up more times that not.

sancho is rightfully not having in and will leave and reignite his career elsewhere.

Unread 18-10-2023, 01:07 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Not being funny mate but “neutrals” used to say Ronaldo was a show pony when he was here, that Keane wasn’t good just a thug, and that we won 13 league titles under Ferguson by “bribing refs and corruption.”
There are no neutrals where United are concerned.

"Hated, Adored" etc

Unread 18-10-2023, 02:21 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
the issue is the fact the manager has favourites ffs.
There isn't a manager in world football, or has ever existed, that doesn't have preferred players in their squad.

Unread 18-10-2023, 03:03 PM
92ToBury

Quote:

you can’t motivate a player that knows there’s nothing he can do to get in the team ahead of inferior favourites.

Where is the proof that the manager has favourites? It's not like Southgate who clearly does for England. The manager picking players you wouldn't simply doesn't mean he has favourites - could be you over-rating players.

To give a player three months off match duties to sort his head out suggests that the manager genuinely cares about the player. We all (I presume) want Jadon and all other United players to be the best they can for United. Clearly they are closer to the situation and our team of professional support staff will have properly assessed him to sanction that "down time". Losing a player of his quality isn't something that would be a decision taken lightly - if his application of that quality is a problem, then clearly it needs addressing and it was done so. If the player continues to turn up late for training and is more obsessed with video games than physical games, it's a clear sign of disrespect and a virtual spitting in the face of the manager after the lengths the club has gone to in assisting Jadon. The players have agents blowing smoke up their arse and are clearly in no way encouraged to behave professionally by them.

Unread 19-10-2023, 09:45 AM
armchair

Quote:
Ten Hag does not just want Sancho to say sorry in private, he requires a full public apology to mirror the action that saw the player take to social media and effectively accuse his manager of lying over the reasons for his absence in the 3-1 defeat at Arsenal on Sept 3.
Seems excessive.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...erik-ten-hag1/

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%...ik-ten-hag1%2F

Unread 19-10-2023, 09:52 AM
NedKelly

It’s harsh but understandable given the nature of his insta rant. Personally I’d accept a private apology and aim to move on, not sure why it needs to be public. After years of having players apologise for shit performances and pledge to take a long, hard look in the mirror, im not sure public apologies mean anything.

Unread 19-10-2023, 09:56 AM
Bunker Buster

"Sancho could resolve this tomorrow"

Quote:
Ten Hag came in that things had to change. Rashford, for example, apologised swiftly after being dropped from the starting XI against Wolves last Christmas after being late for a team meeting and everyone moved on.

Unread 19-10-2023, 09:58 AM
Whip Hubley

Absolutely isn't imo.

Called out the manager in public. Apologise in public. See you later pal if not.

Although i'll be honest, really not sure what all the furore is about. Take away all this nonsense and you're still left with an absolutely bang average player who's done absolutely £#%&! all in 3 (?) seasons.

He's shite and can't hack it at united, and I imagine will be sold regardless of an 'apology'.

Unread 19-10-2023, 10:00 AM
NedKelly

“Kiss the boot, Jadon”

Unread 19-10-2023, 10:17 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Absolutely isn't imo.

Called out the manager in public. Apologise in public. See you later pal if not.

Although i'll be honest, really not sure what all the furore is about. Take away all this nonsense and you're still left with an absolutely bang average player who's done absolutely £#%&! all in 3 (?) seasons.

He's shite and can't hack it at united, and I imagine will be sold regardless of an 'apology'.
It’s best for both parties if he moves on.

we will have a our Hard working defensive winger doing nonsense for the next 18 months while I’d predict sancho to flourish elsewhere.

also that’s another one off the blame list.

who next can we blame for ETH failings as our manager….

Unread 19-10-2023, 10:31 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Absolutely isn't imo.

He was missing for 3 months last season and other than only having Elanga on the bench, we didn’t notice he was gone.

Unread 19-10-2023, 11:18 AM
Ethers

I’d rather he didn’t apologise tbh, he’s absolutely shite and never going to make it at United. Absolutely pointless going through the cycle of him having a couple of decent games, then about ten shit ones, then has a little rest, then comes back and does it all again.

I can think of somewhere he’d flourish though….

Unread 19-10-2023, 11:19 AM
Bunker Buster

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I’d rather he didn’t apologise tbh, he’s absolutely shite and never going to make it at United. Absolutely pointless going through the cycle of him having a couple of decent games, then about ten shit ones, then has a little rest, then comes back and does it all again.

I can think of somewhere he’d flourish though….

https://youtu.be/SSuGNYNAwBI?si=pVCkF_P1Ac86U7hW
No fun loves his 5-a-side doesn't he....

Unread 19-10-2023, 12:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

we will have a our Hard working defensive winger doing nonsense for the next 18 months while I’d predict sancho to flourish elsewhere.

Just out of interest, which players that Ten Hag has let go have gone on to 'flourish' elsewhere?

Unread 19-10-2023, 12:05 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

Does that mean him doing well or doing badly? Lost track of which words have counter meanings these days.

Unread 19-10-2023, 12:28 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Just out of interest, which players that Ten Hag has let go have gone on to 'flourish' elsewhere?
Could an argument be made for Ronaldo?

Unread 19-10-2023, 12:39 PM
Offerington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Could an argument be made for Ronaldo?