United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-03-2023, 09:33 AM
puressence

Wanted the manager out Martinez out rashford out Casemiro waste of time and that was before sept

Unread 31-03-2023, 09:34 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Wanted the manager out Martinez out rashford out Casemiro waste of time and that was before sept
Bruno will be out once Ten Hag is in.

Captain 👍

Unread 31-03-2023, 09:51 AM
Time For Heroes

Just because you're an agent that doesn't mean you know anything about football does it? You don't have to take a footballing o'level to represent some players. Your job is to stoke their egos and make them and yourself some money.

Unread 31-03-2023, 10:19 AM
Patty_b

Exclusive photo of Marlo negotiating his clients contract

Unread 31-03-2023, 10:20 AM
Denis Irwell

£#%&!ing thread

Unread 31-03-2023, 10:44 AM
guerreiro

I’d be genuinely interested in the machinations of the agency world. Even if it’s for confirmation bias that it’s all a total blag and purely based on spurious connections (here’s a photo of me with x to prove I’m legit).

I’m sure money obsessed agents can properly ruin a kids life without a second thought, but others could be benevolent. Not really arsed which version Marlo is, just find it fascinating.

Unread 31-03-2023, 11:10 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
I’d be genuinely interested in the machinations of the agency world. Even if it’s for confirmation bias that it’s all a total blag and purely based on spurious connections (here’s a photo of me with x to prove I’m legit).

I’m sure money obsessed agents can properly ruin a kids life without a second thought, but others could be benevolent. Not really arsed which version Marlo is, just find it fascinating.
Didn't draggers best man go from working in Topshop to becoming De Gea's best mate and agent to the stars?

Unread 31-03-2023, 11:14 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
Just because you're an agent that doesn't mean you know anything about football does it? You don't have to take a footballing o'level to represent some players. Your job is to stoke their egos and make them and yourself some money.
Very much this. It's not about the player's talent as such, it's about how much value can be extracted from them. Obviously there's a connection, but it's not necessarily a linear one.

Unread 31-03-2023, 11:40 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Didn't draggers best man go from working in Topshop to becoming De Gea's best mate and agent to the stars?
He sure did.

Living the dream that fella.

Unread 31-03-2023, 11:43 AM
MUFC One Love

The football agent trade just seems to be people trying to make as much as they can on other peoples talent.

Unread 31-03-2023, 11:49 AM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
The football agent trade just seems to be people trying to make as much as they can on other peoples talent.
he's gonna need a bigger arsenal wallet then.

Unread 31-03-2023, 12:28 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Pretty much. There was nothing special about the "super agents" like Mendes and Raiola that no one else could have done. Mendes got the break of a lifetime getting a young Ronaldo signed up. The player made the agent rather than the other way round.

Unread 31-03-2023, 01:06 PM
BigJim

It can't be easy finding quality goalkeepers for Lukaku's 5-a-sides tbf.
Closed Thread