United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-08-2019, 09:34 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I definitely don't think his confidence is as solid as people would think. He's also just not a very bright player.

But he produces moments. Both assists against Chelsea were just world class. And his play to earn the penalty was brilliant too. If he'd just let the form goalscorer take it we'd be here after a couple of games with Pogba having been decisive in two wins, for all his faults.
Absolutely agree. Still think he needs selling though.

Unread 21-08-2019, 10:21 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
If social media is where kids go for acceptance and fear being judged, it's clearly a place where abuse/bullying can be damaging.
By people they know. Not by anonymous trolls. Defining what random idiots do on twitter as abuse or bullying is silly. It has zero power over anyone’s life unless they give it power through fragile mental health. If anyone is bothered by such things, seek help because such fragile people won’t be able to function in society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I was referring to the Telegraph article. and the idea that Neville and all that were going overboard with criticism

I'm talking about the media led critique of him as a player..

not the mindless drivel on twitter
Apparently it’s not mindless drivel. It’s serious abuse and bullying that somehow causes people to kill themselves.

Unread 21-08-2019, 11:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We’ve had plenty missed when it was decided beforehand too tbf.

Let Martial take them.
Hasn't our manager said Rashford now will?

Unread 21-08-2019, 11:33 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
By people they know. Not by anonymous trolls. Defining what random idiots do on twitter as abuse or bullying is silly. It has zero power over anyone’s life unless they give it power through fragile mental health. If anyone is bothered by such things, seek help because such fragile people won’t be able to function in society.
You're on an internet forum with a bunch of recurring people you don't know. That's how the internet works. People find communities and places they become a part of. You don't think people, especially young people, can experience rejection or bullying in such places?

Not saying there's an easy solution, but wouldn't dismiss it out of hand either. Absolving people for being @#%&!s online doesn't wash.

Unread 22-08-2019, 07:50 AM
Patty_b

I've warmed to him more since the beginning of the season, he's somewhere between the peak of short lived super powers he showed last season, and the utter dross he served up for the majority of the rest of it. He looks like he is at least putting some effort into his game now, despite making some stupid decisions sometimes.

But he doesn't want to be here and he's made that clear, so he can £#%&! off as soon as another club can put up the money to get him out of United. I wouldn't miss him one bit once he goes.

And he shouldn't take another penalty for the rest of his time at the club. Someone needs to tell him he's shite at them (preferably without the racist abuse).

Unread 22-08-2019, 11:15 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
You're on an internet forum with a bunch of recurring people you don't know. That's how the internet works. People find communities and places they become a part of. You don't think people, especially young people, can experience rejection or bullying in such places?
If they do, they have other underlying issues, either with their mental health or problems in the real world. How about move on and find another community that isn’t treating you like shit. Unlike actual real life, if it’s an unpleasant experience there’s an easy answer. Nothing can be forced on them against their will.

Unread 22-08-2019, 11:17 AM
Ethers

Jammy has all the answers.

What a stupid @#%&! you are.

Unread 22-08-2019, 11:20 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Jammy has all the answers.
I wouldn’t go that far. But thanks.

Seems like you’re bullying me. I think I’m supposed to be devastated.

Unread 22-08-2019, 11:45 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
I wouldn’t go that far. But thanks.

Seems like you’re bullying me. I think I’m supposed to be devastated.
Report it.

PM me for instructions.

Unread 22-08-2019, 12:10 PM
barca99

Lets face it, from a footballing point of view the team would be £#%&!ed without him!

Unread 22-08-2019, 12:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Hasn't our manager said Rashford now will?
That works too.

Unread 22-08-2019, 02:25 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
If they do, they have other underlying issues, either with their mental health or problems in the real world. How about move on and find another community that isn’t treating you like shit. Unlike actual real life, if it’s an unpleasant experience there’s an easy answer. Nothing can be forced on them against their will.
It’s not 1998 pal. Social media and online is the real world. Telling a kid to forget about it and move on if they’re rejected by their peers just because it’s online is not a reality. Can’t see why you wouldn’t acknowledge the potential effects of targeted online abuse in 2019 tbh. Of course there’s a duty of care for Twitter etc. This feels like basic stuff imo.

Unread 22-08-2019, 02:38 PM
Buck

Quote:
It’s not 1998 pal. Social media and online is the real world. Telling a kid to forget about it and move on if they’re rejected by their peers just because it’s online is not a reality. Can’t see why you wouldn’t acknowledge the potential effects of targeted online abuse in 2019 tbh. Of course there’s a duty of care for Twitter etc. This feels like basic stuff imo.
Jammy probably still thinks recreation for youngsters is a trip to the library

Unread 22-08-2019, 02:41 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Jammy probably still thinks recreation for youngsters is a trip to the library
Computers are for nerds etc.

The game’s changed.

Unread 02-09-2019, 11:34 PM
Brucie

Unread 02-09-2019, 11:57 PM
Ethers

£#%&!ing hell, the Instagram grasses are working hard tonight.

Who gives a £#%&!? I’d be divorced if Instagram likes actually counted for anything.

Unread 03-09-2019, 12:20 AM
AK14

Quote:

Who gives a £#%&!? I’d be divorced if Instagram likes actually counted for anything.

Unread 03-09-2019, 06:42 AM
windy waffles

Quote:

Unread 03-09-2019, 07:22 AM
puressence

oh he liked a post £#%&! him £#%&! instagram who cares he doesnt give a £#%&! , watched him warm up saturday at southampton .. he warms up alone with mckenna thats it , very £#%&!ing odd tbh , wish utd acted like a big club and binned him ..

Unread 03-09-2019, 07:51 AM
Cream

Imagine being the 12 yr old kid who posted that.

Now imagine the 12 yr old United fan with Pogba posters on his wall.

Great lad. Never a problem. Loves his football. Not snide.
Closed Thread