United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-07-2009, 03:26 PM
wiganste

Default cITEH have handed Arsenal over £40m quid

if the Toure transfer goes through.

I bet Wenger is laughing his #@&%! off becasue he'll bring quality in IF he gets to re-invest that money.

cITEH are banking on breaking into the top four this season but they've just boosted the club that may have slipped out of that 4 with 40 million squid.

£#%&!ing #@&%!s

Unread 28-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Ginners

i dont think arsene will spend even half of it, he'll probably try and sign a holding midfielder on the cheap and that will be it.

Unread 28-07-2009, 03:29 PM
silv

it wont be good business if he doesnt replace them.

Unread 28-07-2009, 03:31 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
it wont be good business if he doesnt replace them.
Didn't Wenger identify them as being disruptive influences in the dressing room? I think he's glad they're gone and getting £40m is the icing on the cake.

Adebayor was largely £#%&! last season and Toure was dropped a couple of times.

Unread 28-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Sloppy

Silvestre and senderos as a centre half pairing.

Unread 28-07-2009, 03:32 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Didn't Wenger identify them as being disruptive influences in the dressing room? I think he's glad they're gone and getting £40m is the icing on the cake.

Adebayor was largely £#%&! last season and Toure was dropped a couple of times.
Well yeah, adebayor is a @#%&! and if he gets a decent replacement then you're correct. Dunno about Toure, but it might mean he gets more out of Gallas.

However, if he does what he normally does and spends £#%&! all then hes £#%&!ed!

Unread 28-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Coracao

I doubt they'll get two better players in, so not sure it is good business when you consider if they drop out of the top 4, they'll be losing a big whack in 'prize' money.

Unread 28-07-2009, 03:34 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Well yeah, adebayor is a @#%&! and if he gets a decent replacement then you're correct. Dunno about Toure, but it might mean he gets more out of Gallas.

However, if he does what he normally does and spends £#%&! all then hes £#%&!ed!
That is true

I still think they'll finish top 4. Maybe 3rd, given what's going on with the scousers. If they lose Mascherano & Alonso, they could be pretty £#%&!ed.

Unread 28-07-2009, 03:37 PM
marlo

adebayor will be abig loss to them.

alot of people have amnesia regarding the lad but he is a very good striker. id say he would walk into our team right now.

Unread 28-07-2009, 03:37 PM
silv

i just wish we had signed arshavin

Unread 28-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Ginners

Quote:
yup, missed out big time there. would have been perfect on the left wing for us imo

Unread 28-07-2009, 03:39 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

alot of people have amnesia regarding the lad but he is a very good striker. id say he would walk into our team right now.
Yes and United would have Charles Taylor as wordwide ambassador if he came to us.

Unread 28-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Silvestre and senderos as a centre half pairing.
or Gallas & that new kid from Ajax they did £10m on - and probably in for Hangeland now as well cheaper than Toure has gone for.

They tried to do a £18m deal for Melo(?) whose ended up at Juve so they're adressing the right areas.

Arsenal will not finish out of the top 4 next season if they keep most of their squad fit (easier said than done with their comedy injury record).

Unread 28-07-2009, 03:46 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
yup, missed out big time there. would have been perfect on the left wing for us imo
hes too good isnt he. 4 goals against the rats

Unread 28-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Lok

Quote:
Agreed, look at the run that the arse went on after signing him. At £18m he looks like a bargain. Fergie must have known that Ronaldo was going and he was the ideal replacement. He's probably the 4th best winger in the world behind Ronaldo, Messi & Ribery.

Unread 28-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
or Gallas & that new kid from Ajax they did £10m on - and probably in for Hangeland now as well cheaper than Toure has gone for.

They tried to do a £18m deal for Melo(?) whose ended up at Juve so they're adressing the right areas.

Arsenal will not finish out of the top 4 next season if they keep most of their squad fit (easier said than done with their comedy injury record).
I don't see who they are going to bring in personally. What is the incentive of going there? I can't see them challenging for quite some time with the way things currently are. They have been weakened from last season and they should have lost 4th place then if Villa hadn't have completely bottled it.

Unread 28-07-2009, 03:52 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
Agreed, look at the run that the arse went on after signing him. At £18m he looks like a bargain. Fergie must have known that Ronaldo was going and he was the ideal replacement. He's probably the 4th best winger in the world behind Ronaldo, Messi & Ribery.
I dont reckon its impossible to nick him off the arse

He'll want more money soon and we can swap him for one of our dodgy defenders in a year or two.

Unread 28-07-2009, 03:54 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

on his day he is a cracking striker, seems to have been constantly whoring his wares about since his decent season at arsenal.

Unread 28-07-2009, 03:57 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
on his day he is a cracking striker, seems to have been constantly whoring his wares about since his decent season at arsenal.
probably because arsenal have no ambition and wenger is abit too stubborn.

even the #@&%!y arsenal fans i know and my uncles friends have given up on them to an extent. £#%&! knows what sort of financial shit there are in.
i think arsenal need to get abit more commercial really the same way united and chelsea to an extent are but maybe that isnt part of 'arsenes vision'

didnt united bid for adebayor about 18 months ago??

Unread 28-07-2009, 04:06 PM
borsuk

i don't think arsenal will miss adebayor at all. if eduardo keeps fit they'll be fine up front. toure will be a big loss, though, and they'll struggle to find a really good replacement.
Closed Thread