United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-08-2022, 11:04 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we have a whole squad of no 2s.

de gea in, incidentally. this team (and calvert lewin getting away with fouling him when he came out) is spoiling de gea.
When did Brentford sign Calvert-Lewin?

Tbh, of all your utterly mental takes on everything, and they are utterly mental; the team ‘ruining de Gea’ has to be out on its own for sheer mind numbing, blinkered ignorance and stupidity. Well done.

Unread 14-08-2022, 11:15 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
When did Brentford sign Calvert-Lewin?

Tbh, of all your utterly mental takes on everything, and they are utterly mental; the team ‘ruining de Gea’ has to be out on its own for sheer mind numbing, blinkered ignorance and stupidity. Well done.
brentford didn't sign cl.

if de gea had paul mcgrath, bryan robson and mark hughes in front of him, he'd be world class (just to be clear, in case there is a glazer reading, I mean in their prime). we need to replace the entire squad. whining about de gea every £#%&!ing game is just pathetic. we don't set up to prevent the opposition putting pressure on the keeper. our number one priority for the last 10+ years should have been defensive midfielders.

and (with hindsight) making greenwood a gentleman.

Unread 14-08-2022, 11:17 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

if de gea had paul mcgrath, bryan robson and mark hughes in front of him, he'd be world class (just to be clear, in case there is a glazer reading, I mean in their prime). we need to replace the entire squad. whining about de gea every £#%&!ing game is just pathetic. we don't set up to prevent the opposition putting pressure on the keeper. our number one priority for the last 10+ years should have been defensive midfielders.

No he wouldn’t, he’d be just as bad as this, but we wouldn’t see it as much.

Unread 14-08-2022, 11:19 AM
Bunker Buster

Exclamation

He cost us three goals jem, ALL three goals, the three opening goals ...

His fault

Unread 14-08-2022, 11:21 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Karius or whatever he was called, was behind VvD and Matip and the rest, he still chucked them in regularly and cost them a CL, thank £#%&!.

De Gea would probably have ruined McGrath tbh.

Unread 14-08-2022, 11:26 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

His fault
And two last week. He makes an error every week these days.

Unread 14-08-2022, 11:30 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
And two last week. He makes an error every week these days.
I think there’s only the goal against Vallecano (he wasn’t playing) that he couldn’t do anything about, or shouldn’t have done better with since Erik arrived. His passivity is a cloak for his shitness.

Even Felix’s goal. I’m so sick of him just £#%&!ing standing and watching the ball into the net unless it’s right at him, he doesn’t want to £#%&!ing know.

Unread 14-08-2022, 11:33 AM
AK14

The moment in pre season when he actually ducked when a cross came in was so embarrassing. The warning signs were there that he wasn’t going to change and improve.

Sooner the club realise it the better, because I’m sure ETH knows it but there nothing he can do. The club won’t be happy with a player on 350k a week sitting on the bench and there’s no chance we sell him on that wage.

Unread 14-08-2022, 12:02 PM
shenwen

he's a huge liability

I don't care who is in front of him - his mobility and distribution is as bad as any goalie in the PL. I'd rather Tom Heaton until we find a replacement.

Unread 14-08-2022, 12:03 PM
Dr Stranger

Out again today banging on about how they must improve.

Just shut your £#%&!ing mouth.

Unread 14-08-2022, 12:05 PM
AK14

Lacking confidence as a team and trying to build momentum, the last thing you need a massive @#%&! in goal throwing in goals and ducking out of crosses etc.

Dunk was 100% spot on when he said replacing De Gea was a priority.

Unread 14-08-2022, 12:07 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Karius or whatever he was called, was behind VvD and Matip and the rest, he still chucked them in regularly and cost them a CL, thank £#%&!.

De Gea would probably have ruined McGrath tbh.
when he comes out, he gets fouled and refs ignore it.

if he's letting shots in, it's confidence, not ability.

in any case... as usual, you pick on the same couple of players. the squad is inadequate. the set-up is stupid. the desire is lacking. the intent is misdirected. of all the problems we have, dumping de gea is nowhere.

Unread 14-08-2022, 12:07 PM
Vedder

He needs dropping. If he starts against Liverpool then Ten Hag can £#%&! off tbh

Unread 14-08-2022, 12:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

in any case... as usual, you pick on the same couple of players. the squad is inadequate. the set-up is stupid. the desire is lacking. the intent is misdirected. of all the problems we have, dumping de gea is nowhere.
This is a de gea thread. Other players are getting slated too. And it’s the same ones because they’re the shit ones that keep £#%&!ing up. Criticising someone awful for being awful isn’t an agenda.

We can talk about de gea and other problems at the same time, and we are. He is one of many many problems. And I don’t think him throwing in goals every week is anyway excusable as some lesser problem.

Unread 14-08-2022, 12:12 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Tbf de Gea is getting shit because he cost us 3 of the four goals we conceded yesterday and was a massive @#%&! for Brightons first last week. It’s totally deserved

He’s a momentum killer.

Unread 14-08-2022, 12:14 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

His fault
maybe. I was at a delightful restaurant with no wifi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
This is a de gea thread. Other players are getting slated too..
as noted. however, the problems are not problems with individuals. de gea was player of the season four years out of five. everything about our approach and set-up is wrong.

Unread 14-08-2022, 12:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

£#%&!ing pathetic defence of a £#%&!ing pathetic goalkeeper. Well done.

Unread 14-08-2022, 12:15 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
When did this happen ?

He never comes out, all the warning signs were there yesterday again before they scored, a ball pinging around his SIX YARD box and he's on his line like a table football keeper, arms outstretched....

Unread 14-08-2022, 12:15 PM
AK14

Pre season…

You ducked…. You massive @#%&!.

Unread 14-08-2022, 12:17 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Also threw one in against palace too.

He’s £#%&!ed up twice in preseason and he’s been at fault for five goals in the last week alone.

He’s a liability. And he has been for years. I said I was done with him after that Chelsea semi final. From that point, any faith we misplace in him is on us, not him. He’s done nothing since to suggest he’s a top goalkeeper.

It’s not form, it’s not confidence. He is simply not very good.
Closed Thread