United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 08-04-2013, 05:50 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
None of us like the leeches and it's galling how much has flowed out of the club but that reaction makes me feel a bit better. If and when the debt is eventually cleared it still remains to be seen how much will be invested in the team though.

Unread 08-04-2013, 05:51 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
None of us like the leeches and it's galling how much has flowed out of the club but that reaction makes me feel a bit better. If and when the debt is eventually cleared it still remains to be seen how much will be invested in the team though.
probably be the same as the last seven years they've been there lol

Unread 08-04-2013, 05:54 AM
teflon_terry

Thumbs up

Briliant timing - giving the players the perfect morale boost going into the derby.

Unread 08-04-2013, 06:08 AM
rafabio

telegraph mentions 100m deal with a leading airline will be announced soon

Unread 08-04-2013, 06:15 AM
BarryX

It could have been a lot worse. Imagine if it had been called 'The DHL Training Centre' - there would have been total confusion amongst certain players

Unread 08-04-2013, 06:21 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
probably be the same as the last seven years they've been there lol
I suppose it depends on how their other business interests are going and what else needs propping up. Priorities. They seem far too erm...."conservative" to go filling the team with marquee signings so, expect more Bebes, Zahas and Powells eh?

Unread 08-04-2013, 06:25 AM
believe

Quote:
I suppose it depends on how their other business interests are going and what else needs propping up. Priorities. They seem far too erm...."conservative" to go filling the team with marquee signings so, expect more Bebes, Zahas and Powells eh?
or Van Persies?

Unread 08-04-2013, 06:46 AM
Denis Irwell

Well, you'd think so, realistically. I'm sure they don't want to run the playing side down in their own interests

Still @#%&!s though.

Future generations will probably think they're fookin ace owners and wonder what all the fuss was about

Unread 08-04-2013, 06:49 AM
believe

Quote:
Well, you'd think so, realistically. I'm sure they don't want to run the playing side down in their own interests

Still @#%&!s though.

Future generations will probably think they're fookin ace owners and wonder what all the fuss was about
I wonder this now tbh.

Unread 08-04-2013, 06:55 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
or Van Persies?
or Ronaldo

tell you what, they'd be a lot of people's bestest ever owners if they pulled that one off

Unread 08-04-2013, 07:18 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
£#%&!ing mugs.

carrington is a shite name anyway.
A Colby man, eh?

Unread 08-04-2013, 07:54 AM
jem

Quote:
I wonder this now tbh.
yup.

"someone shot at my head and missed. I'm not the sort to hold a grudge, though. I seem ok."

Unread 08-04-2013, 08:00 AM
Baron

Quote:
To get that $30m-a-yr TRAINING-KIT deal into context, Arsenal's £30m kit deal is the second biggest in world club football. (Behind United.)

Unread 08-04-2013, 08:12 AM
Aman27deep

I wonder how this can displease anyone? Basically means one rvp every summer for 8 seasons if the money doesn't go in the glazer's pocket.

Unread 08-04-2013, 08:13 AM
Ginners

wouldnt be arsed if they renamed OT let alone the training ground, surely the better the club is run/more money it makes the sooner the debt goes

Unread 08-04-2013, 08:15 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
wouldnt be arsed if they renamed OT let alone the training ground, surely the better the club is run/more money it makes the sooner the debt goes
Heard United spoke to you before giving the green light, pal?

They wanted to make sure the real fans were OK with it. They probably called Tufty as well.

Unread 08-04-2013, 08:18 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawk @#%&!
£28.7m per annum for a training kit/venue deal and we're getting £20m for our main shirt deal? Fark.

Unread 08-04-2013, 08:19 AM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
RAWK is the place to go to enjoy yourselves.

Unread 08-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Luffy

Must admit the merchandising/sponsorship angle has been going well recently. It's the only hope we have of keeping up with the oil teams and we've done it without being complete embarrassments IMO ie we haven't and won't sell OT naming rights.

Seems like easy money a lot of it! Plus all these smaller deals hopefully means we can really fleece ours main sponsors like Nike.

Unread 08-04-2013, 08:32 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
I wonder how this can displease anyone? Basically means one rvp every summer for 8 seasons if the money doesn't go in the glazer's pocket.
New to the Glazers pal?