United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-02-2023, 02:45 PM
Sparky***

Default Carabao Cup Final pre match guff and team news

Erik Ten Hag says it’s “too early” to say if Marcus Rashford will be injured for Sunday.

Unread 24-02-2023, 02:47 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Erik Ten Hag says it’s “too early” to say if Marcus Rashford will be injured for Sunday.

https://twitter.com/lauriewhitwell/s...Tig51Y-d5izVYA

https://twitter.com/lauriewhitwell/s...Tig51Y-d5izVYA
Yup.

Unread 24-02-2023, 02:50 PM
Dr Stranger

Any other game and I reckon Rashford gets rested. We’ll patch him up. Rest him midweek.

Unread 24-02-2023, 02:58 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Any other game and I reckon Rashford gets rested. We’ll patch him up. Rest him midweek.
Yep may need a couple of injections....

Just sorting my flag...

IYKYK

Unread 24-02-2023, 03:29 PM
saffers

Nice feeling going into finals again knowing you're definitely gonna win.

Unread 24-02-2023, 03:34 PM
Drexl

Whatever happens, I'm just happy that we are on the right track

Tell you what though: it would be if Ten Hag won silverware at his earliest possible convenience

Unread 24-02-2023, 03:37 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Whatever happens, I'm just happy that we are on the right track

Tell you what though: it would be if Ten Hag won silverware at his earliest possible convenience
We are gonna win for sure, he is obsessed. He refuses to accept praise for our current season and says only trophies will prove stuff. He is absolutely right and is of the Fergie/Mourinho school.

Meanwhile a certain Norwegian fraud said trophies were "an ego thing".

Unread 24-02-2023, 03:44 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Just sorting my flag...

IYKYK
Remember that from Blackburn away. Was it when we won 19? Or the Tevez last minute equaliser in 2008? You was in the tier above us and Corrigan pointed it out and said there's bunks flag.

Unread 24-02-2023, 03:45 PM
suedeshoes

Not feeling confident at all. I just feel that Newcastle have punched up all season and that this trophy would mean more to them as they haven't won a cup since £#%&! knows when.

Unread 24-02-2023, 03:48 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Remember that from Blackburn away. Was it when we won 19? Or the Tevez last minute equaliser in 2008? You was in the tier above us and Corrigan pointed it out and said there's bunks flag.

Tevez equaliser, think we made it about 5 am and didn't go to bed...

Pissing it down, lost my wedding ring down into your tier in the goon.....

Actually !!

Unread 24-02-2023, 03:56 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Not feeling confident at all. I just feel that Newcastle have punched up all season and that this trophy would mean more to them as they haven't won a cup since £#%&! knows when.
Yep. If we hadn’t played last night I’d be more confident. Thought we’d feel it against Leicester (tbf we did first 20mins). Be incredible if we can put in another intense 90 3 days later.

Tony M to the rescue?

Unread 24-02-2023, 04:02 PM
Dr Stranger

ETH on whether Rashford will be fit:

“ I don’t know. So, players now are coming in. We have to do investigations, medical of course. Yesterday we did but straight after the game most of the time you can’t say. We have to wait for a 100 per cent diagnosis, so we have to wait.”

Unread 24-02-2023, 04:19 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Just sorting my flag...

IYKYK

Unread 24-02-2023, 04:40 PM
AK14

Unread 24-02-2023, 04:50 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Rolling straight out of knocking out Barcelona into a cup final pre-match thread.

Erik's Reds

Unread 24-02-2023, 05:07 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
Rolling straight out of knocking out Barcelona into a cup final pre-match thread.

Erik's Reds

Unread 24-02-2023, 10:43 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
It will be a battle but l feel we've got more quality and match winners. Uniike the Europa final under Ole l think ETH has proved he's tactically sussed.

Unread 25-02-2023, 12:09 AM
Bunker Buster

Got really confident last night, now shitting it again....

Unread 25-02-2023, 12:21 AM
marlo

its a wierd one.

have we starved of success that much that we are making so much of a big deal about it.
I've been nervous about it to be honest and going over worst case scenarios in my head.

I'm been offered tickets and gave them to someone that would appreciate them much more than me.

didnt even feel like this in the europa final with ole which was a much more tricky tie.

Unread 25-02-2023, 12:38 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
its a wierd one.

have we starved of success that much that we are making so much of a big deal about it.
I've been nervous about it to be honest and going over worst case scenarios in my head.

I'm been offered tickets and gave them to someone that would appreciate them much more than me.

didnt even feel like this in the europa final with ole which was a much more tricky tie.
Personally defeat in that game was a lot easier to brush off for me. Didn’t buy into Covid football and half empty grounds for finals, plus the team didn’t feel like it was going anywhere.

This one would hurt due to a few factors.

- everyone is fully behind this squad, manager, rebuild etc
- we really need this trophy to break a hiatus
- everyone outside of United is dying for us to come a cropper here, part due to our great form and turnaround under ETH
- Newcastles celebrations will be biblical if they win their first trophy since 69
- losing just hurts more when you’re good

I’m bricking it considering we should be too good for them, we know it they’re going to play for penalties and look to minimise a football match from occurring.

I’m going to make a pride call and say we’ll win 3-1 but I worry their week off will be a huge asset to them ahead of Sunday.
Closed Thread