Unread 26-09-2020, 05:05 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface
nobody even dare £#%&!ing say it

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unread 23-11-2020, 07:31 PM
Arnold Muhren

“I think it was well documented that Chelsea and Mourinho wanted to sign me.
There was Real Madrid, Barcelona and the Man City thing keeps cropping up, but there was never the option for me to go there. Although there were rumours on that as well, but the other three, really, were more realistic options.
In my head, at the time, in that two-day period basically, I was ready to go and play in Spain. Ideally, I would have liked to have gone to Barcelona, but it was looking more likely to be Real Madrid than Barcelona. Chelsea were always there as well.
After a couple of days, I spoke to David Gill again and when there were those protests at my house, I’d actually already agreed to sign the new contract by that time. I was thinking ‘Jesus’, it was three o’clock in the morning and I didn’t fancy going out to calm down 20 or 30 lads with their hoods up!
I remember sitting down for one day and thinking ‘imagine playing in that Barcelona team – Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets’. And at that time Messi wasn’t playing the way he plays now, as a no.9 for instance. He was out wide. I was thinking I could have slotted in perfectly. I could have come to the ball as well and have players running in behind. I remember thinking about that, but the biggest thing for me was it was sorted out – I had good conversations with David Gill to get it sorted."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...mpression=true

Unread 24-11-2020, 12:44 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
“I think it was well documented that Chelsea and Mourinho wanted to sign me.
There was Real Madrid, Barcelona and the Man City thing keeps cropping up, but there was never the option for me to go there. Although there were rumours on that as well, but the other three, really, were more realistic options.
In my head, at the time, in that two-day period basically, I was ready to go and play in Spain. Ideally, I would have liked to have gone to Barcelona, but it was looking more likely to be Real Madrid than Barcelona. Chelsea were always there as well.
After a couple of days, I spoke to David Gill again and when there were those protests at my house, I’d actually already agreed to sign the new contract by that time. I was thinking ‘Jesus’, it was three o’clock in the morning and I didn’t fancy going out to calm down 20 or 30 lads with their hoods up!
I remember sitting down for one day and thinking ‘imagine playing in that Barcelona team – Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets’. And at that time Messi wasn’t playing the way he plays now, as a no.9 for instance. He was out wide. I was thinking I could have slotted in perfectly. I could have come to the ball as well and have players running in behind. I remember thinking about that, but the biggest thing for me was it was sorted out – I had good conversations with David Gill to get it sorted."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...mpression=true
Honesty from the lad. Messi and Xavi or Anderson and Valencia. Tough call indeed.

Unread 24-11-2020, 12:49 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Honesty from the lad. Messi and Xavi or Anderson and Valencia. Tough call indeed.
He was only ever honest.

Unread 24-11-2020, 03:28 PM
dragflick

Unread 24-11-2020, 04:02 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
He was only ever honest.

Unread 24-11-2020, 04:13 PM
windy waffles

I quite miss Rooney...

Unread 24-11-2020, 04:15 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
:gervaisohhyourhard:

Unread 24-11-2020, 04:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Top story

Unread 24-11-2020, 11:27 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
It’s character we miss . No doubt some £#%&!er in the current squad would have insta lived it and bought a jewel incrusted charger for ravel as a gift.

Unread 25-11-2020, 12:10 AM
red in cumbria

It would appear that Schteve has gone back to Derby to assist Wayne in his endeavours. Which will be his fifth spell there in some capacity.

Unread 25-11-2020, 11:22 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
It would appear that Schteve has gone back to Derby to assist Wayne in his endeavours. Which will be his fifth spell there in some capacity.
Probably still three spells behind the great Bald Eagle.

Unread 03-12-2020, 02:06 PM
utd99

Is Wazza about to get Wazzumped by John Terry?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...aff-Derby.html

Unread 03-12-2020, 03:27 PM
Buck

Must be a kick in the teeth for managers who are doing solid jobs in Leagues 1 and 2 that ex players who have never managed at any level are jumping ahead of them to get higher level jobs just because of their name

Unread 03-12-2020, 03:38 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Must be a kick in the teeth for managers who are doing solid jobs in Leagues 1 and 2 that ex players who have never managed at any level are jumping ahead of them to get higher level jobs just because of their name
Must every thread descend into Ole bashing?...

Unread 03-12-2020, 07:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Must every thread descend into Ole bashing?...
New to Fred, pol?
Closed Thread